The Bottom Line: Healthcare

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=9411

Did I mention that I live in such a system and that it sucks?

But you dont want to hear that, dont you?

There is no solution to this either way I guess…OK, so at least we’ll TRY this new
thing here, the system we have here now is not working, It is problem so messed
up that not even the Ancients or Prophets in ANY religion or sect gave us ONE fucking clue
how to even run a Medical system as smoothly as possible…none of them, so we gotta
change it up, experiment for centuries if we have to, to tweak this thing as perfectly as
we can, because no one left us a cursory explanation on how to do this, what to charge
the people in relation to what they can afford, etc. And I don’t want to hear about
Insurance companies either, I know all about them, they are the worst.

My Uninsured ‘Friend’ recently got 4 mile ride to the Hospital in an Ambulance,
A few weeks later he gets a bill for almost 1000 Dollars just for that ride alone.
Needless to say my ‘friend’ will NOT be paying them this money, they can go fuck themselves
for all he cares…they will not be paid, charging 250 Bucks a MILE? Fuck 'em.

[quote]orion wrote:
Did I mention that I live in such a system and that it sucks?

But you dont want to hear that, dont you?

[/quote]

Well that about sums it up…haha

No it doesn’t.

[quote]Karado wrote:
No it doesn’t.[/quote]

He lives in a country with a healthcare system that these folks are advocating, and he says it blows…do you live in a country with a similar system to counter his argument?

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Karado wrote:
No it doesn’t.[/quote]

He lives in a country with a healthcare system that these folks are advocating, and he says it blows…do you live in a country with a similar system to counter his argument?[/quote]

But he is not talking about an actually existing system. he is talking about the fairy tale in his head nothing on this planet can be compared to.

[quote]Karado wrote:
There is no solution to this either way I guess…OK, so at least we’ll TRY this new
thing here, the system we have here now is not working, It is problem so messed
up that not even the Ancients or Prophets in ANY religion or sect gave us ONE fucking clue
how to even run a Medical system as smoothly as possible…none of them, so we gotta
change it up, experiment for centuries if we have to, to tweak this thing as perfectly as
we can, because no one left us a cursory explanation on how to do this, what to charge
the people in relation to what they can afford, etc. And I don’t want to hear about
Insurance companies either, I know all about them, they are the worst.

My Uninsured ‘Friend’ recently got 4 mile ride to the Hospital in an Ambulance,
A few weeks later he gets a bill for almost 1000 Dollars just for that ride alone.
Needless to say my ‘friend’ will NOT be paying them this money, they can go fuck themselves
for all he cares…they will not be paid, charging 250 Bucks a MILE? Fuck 'em.
[/quote]

Instead of merely being outraged at the cost of said ambulance ride, have you ever actually tried to work out the total costs involved in the operation?

It’s not like all that equipment and all those personnel are in some kind of nullentropy field, waiting to be activated upon your command.

Yet I’m sure you wouldn’t have the Balls to tell that to an uninsured person
right to his face…YOU do that in the safety of anonimity.
As if anybody ever ASKS for an ambulance ride, and as if the patient called
them in the first place.
You don’t know the half of it, and no one else but a caucasian would sound as glib,
assuming, and heartless as you.

[quote]Karado wrote:
and no one else but a caucasian would sound as glib,
assuming, and heartless as you.
[/quote]

Not racist at all…well played.

Someone tell these boobs that Americans are the fattest people in the world, the best healthcare system is the one you never have to use.

Rate of overweight + obesity in Europe = 8%

Rate of overweight + obesity in the US = 66%.

FUCKING FAIL.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Someone tell these boobs that Americans are the fattest people in the world, the best healthcare system is the one you never have to use.

FUCKING FAIL.[/quote]

But that all magically goes away with Obamacare…what’s wrong with you anyway?

“the efficient model already used by Medicare and the Veterans Administration”

Seriously?!?! Efficient?! Laughable

I just waited over 3 years to get a simple 1 hour surgery done on my ankle.

A one inch incision, local anesthetic, and a three-and-a-half year wait.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

FUCKING FAIL.[/quote]

But that all magically goes away with Obamacare…what’s wrong with you anyway?[/quote]

My father was diagnosed with cancer, Socialized Medicine cured him, he died waiting for “emergency surgery.”

[quote]tmay11 wrote:

A one inch incision, local anesthetic, and a three-and-a-half year wait. [/quote]

Sweet Jesus! Are you serious?

I broke my wrist in a drunken Cellulite Tsunami in college. I had 2 casts, and surgery within 24 hours.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]tmay11 wrote:

A one inch incision, local anesthetic, and a three-and-a-half year wait. [/quote]

I broke my wrist in a drunken Cellulite Tsunami in college. I had 2 casts, and surgery within 24 hours. [/quote]

Tell us more about this Cellulite Tsunami.

[quote]tmay11 wrote:

I broke my wrist in a drunken Cellulite Tsunami in college. I had 2 casts, and surgery within 24 hours. [/quote]

Yes, completely serious.

Apparently there is only a couple of doctors in B.C that can do the necessary procedure.

[quote]StevenF wrote:

[quote]tmay11 wrote:

Tell us more about this Cellulite Tsunami. [/quote]

My roommate and I were being assholes. Drunk assholes. He dared me to punch him in the stomach. Dude was 335lbs.

I punched him. The subsequent force of the blow rippled through his midsection, met at his spine and returned to the area where my fist was with a vengence. That little U shaped bone in my wrist split like a warm candy bar under the wave of adipose destruction.

It took three days, but he had a nasty bruse the size of a grapefruit. I had a long arm cast for 3 weeks. Wiping your ass with your left hand is a bitch to get used to.

Free market in the US healthcare system? What planet do any of you live on? The US healthcare system is strongly regulated and controlled by insurance companies. It operates as a spoils system. Ask a physician what s/he does most. The answer is often “deal with insurance companies”. My eye opening moment was offering to pay out of pocket for an MRI on my shoulder since the insurance company was waffling and the hospital didn’t even have a way to do that and flat out refused. How can you have a free market when nobody takes money from you? Healthcare in the US is so expensive since we also have to fund these massive insurance bureaucracies and hospitals need to run their own insurance claims departments.

Singapore has a good mix of free market and catastrophic coverage, but we don’t want to hear about that.