The Boss Has Arrived

Howdy all,

I haven’t posted much on these forums for years, so I think it’s time to give a little back. I’ll be posting my training logs every session.

First a little history I have a very interesting, dangerous and taxing job, that takes me from home often. So there will be lots of body weight training and strongman style sessions on those occasions.

Injury history: I broke my back 8 months ago while working. I was bed ridden and had to relearn how to walk again. With that said my lean body mass decreased significantly, while my adipose tissue increased by 50 lbs. My strength also is horrendous now. Pretty much starting over. Also I can’t do back squats as my injury happened where the bar would go and it’s excruciatingly painful.

Goals:
210 at about 10% body fat.
BP: 300lb
Deadlift: 400lb
Front Squat: 400lb

Additional info: when I’m in the states and not running and gunning or fixing shit. I train Sambo, BJJ NO-GI, submission wrestling and BJJ GI. An hour to an hour and half each. Works out to about 4 to 6 hours a week.

-------------…-.-.-.-.-.-.--------------

Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior.
-Carl Von Clausewitz

The great sword saint of Japan once wrote “The way is in training”. I live by that and the rest of his stratagems. Train your ass off.

My stats:

5 foot 10 inches
253 lbs

Very early AM session, just me and my pittie.

1. Fast 2 mile run with 25lb ruck to range.
  2. Immediately at the conclusion of the run I did this circuit: shot 40 rounds, 50 jumping jacks, shot 40 rounds, 50 burpees, 40 rounds. Then I worked on one-hand reloading and shooting. I used my XDM 9mm for this drill.
  3. 2 mile brisk walk with 25lb ruck, I didn’t time it as this was really a cool down.

My shot placement groupings were pretty good. Almost all center mass. Although I did have a couple of stragglers. I was in the red the whole shooting session according to my hart rate monitor.

When I got back home I did a meditation session and a ice cold shower. I only take cold showers in the morning, look up opponent process theory for more info on why.

I woke up at 3 am to do this, very unmotivated and tired. I had a Spike before, 2 Flameout, 10000IU Vit D3, and a grass feed bison, sausage, cheese pizza on cauliflower crust(about 410 cal, 17g carbs, 48 grams pro).

There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
-Myamoto Musashi

If interested, I’m now in the process of optimizing my testosterone levels through various LEGAL means. I have a thread in the T-Replacement forum. My training will directly reflect my T levels.

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved one”.

â?? Marcus Aurelius

For Lunch yesterday I had almond crusted Salmon, green beans, kale and salted pecans(about 480 cal, 60 grams pro, 28 grams carbs). The sups were 2 gram fish oil and Iodine.

I’m not a big fan of protein powders. In the 90’s and early 2000 I consumed at least a 100 grams of protein from protein powders daily. Then I decided to try advice from John Berardi, and only use those powders very infrequently. I feel better and recover quicker on grass fed whole food protein sources versus powders. I get about 200-250 grams a day. When I’m training for a BJJ NO GI/Submission Wrestling tournament I up my protein by 50 grams.

Yesterday’s PM training:

Warm-up: 5 minutes of treadmill running, joint rotations, glute activation drill, dynamic stretching.

A. First circuit:

1. KB Cleans 100lbx5x5x5x5
  2. KB Swings 100lbx10x10x10x10
  3. Glute Bridges 25x25x25x25 no load

B. Main Session:

1. DB Floor Press 70x5x80x3x90x5(planned x1)x105x2, I accentuated the eccentric on last 2 sets(10 sec lowering).
  2. Chin-Ups x50

C. MetCon circuit:

1. Burpees 6x5x4x3
  2. Chair Dips 30x20x15x10
  3. Jump Rope 1minx1minx1minx1min
  4. Diamond Push-ups 12x10x9x8
  5. Inch worm 5x5x5x5

D. Power endurance short

1. Tabata cycle sprints with mouthful of water.

Cool down-15 minutes of yoga.

I drank a Core Power chocolate milk before and after(about 52 gram pro and about 50 gram carbs). After I had 2 grams fish oil, 6000IU Vit D3, 500 mg Curcumin, Elite Pro Mineral Support and Rez-V. For dinner I had a Grass fed Bison burger with sweet potato fries, lots of spinach and low sodium high potassium salt fortified with iodine(about 518 cal, 59 grams pro and 32 grams carb). Before bed I had a protein shake consisting of Micellar Casein and Milk Protein Isolate(160 cal, 40 grams pro, 0 carbs).

Overall it was a good session. I was worn out from a long, stressful day at work and early AM training. But I completed it and conquered yet another day.

On training with a mouthful of water.

In preparation for war Apache boys were taught to run, and some fathers, to train the child to breathe through his nose when so doing, made a son fill his mouth with water before a race and spit it out afterward to prove he had not swallowed it to take in air more easily through his mouth. Mouth breathing made one thirsty, and in the desert that could be deadly.

http://southwestcrossroads.org/record.php?num=521

The Spartans also used this technique during long marches. If they spit the water out they would be beaten severely. I’m not a fan of the Spartans, the boy fuckers. But they did have interesting ideas.

Today I have one hour of BJJ and one hour of Sambo then off to practice knife fighting with my group. Afterword I’m going to go on a long walk with my pittie.

Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemyâ??s resistance without fighting.

If the mind is willing, the flesh could go on and on without many things.

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.

Friday

1.5 hours of Sambo
1 hour of Muay Thai ring work.
Sprints 10x30 meters
Sled drag for 200lbX100metersX6

Sat is another weight lifting day, preceded by 3-4 hours at range practicing.

-----------------------------//
“Distinguish between gain and loss in worldly matters.”
-Myomoto Musashi