The Bomb Sends a Message to the World - Untold History

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
By the way Zep you should take a bow. You are the very first person I have put on Ignore. You lack of intellect is mind boggling.[/quote]

You need to ignore yourself. It would do you some good. You are a brainwashed fool who doesn’t realize what years of propaganda has done to your ability to see any truths.

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

My God. Who knew there were so many pacifists in the U.S. military?

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=767&Itemid=74&jumival=9892[/quote]

“Peter Kuznick (co-author with Oliver Stone (LOL!) of The Untold History of the Unites States): The atomic bomb did not end the war with Japan, it was a threat to the Soviet Union that the US would dominate the post-war world -”

Hmmm, maybe it performed both functions? This post is pointless. Anyone who has taken a survey level history course should know this.

“So one of the themes you take up in this series is the issue of was the nuclear attack on Japan necessary, the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And the thesis of the book essentially is that it wasn’t. And it seems to me it’s such a critical question, because if you can accept that using weapons of mass destruction is legitimate and was acceptable then, then why can’t you accept anything after that?”

The casualty predictions for Operation Downfall (the proposed amphibious invasion of Japan) ran into the millions for Allied casualties and several times that number for total Japanese casualties. The atomic bomb saved far more lives than those it took in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Your independent news source is a fucking joke.[/quote]

Too bad a number of generals and Admirals didn’t agree with you,[/quote]

Oh wow, that’s a compelling argument you’re making. History requires a consensus now? I’d like to see that “list.” Given the quality of your posts, I would be dumbfounded if you had any formal education in any of the fields you talk out of your ass about.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
By the way Zep you should take a bow. You are the very first person I have put on Ignore. You lack of intellect is mind boggling.[/quote]

You need to ignore yourself. It would do you some good. You are a brainwashed fool who doesn’t realize what years of propaganda has done to your ability to see any truths.
[/quote]

This kind of stuff is pretty useless. And that’s coming from somebody who’s got a modicum of sympathy for some of your arguments.

When you talk about “brainwashing” and “not seeing the truth” and then you link to a site that is obviously partisan or talk about Oliver Stone, one of the most famous crackpots in the United States, you do yourself no good.

I consume only corporate media. Do you know why? Because The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post print corrections every day. And they pay people to go to war-zones and to try to actually figure out secrets for themselves–which is extremely expensive. And the accountability that is bestowed upon them by virtue of the fact that millions of people, many of them extremely important and extremely powerful, depend upon them to be correct–that accountability is not bestowed upon partisan niche outlets.

So am I brainwashed, or am I just using my time effectively?

[quote]smh23 wrote:

This kind of stuff is pretty useless. And that’s coming from somebody who’s got a modicum of sympathy for some of your arguments.

When you talk about “brainwashing” and “not seeing the truth” and then you link to a site that is obviously partisan or talk about Oliver Stone, one of the most famous crackpots in the United States, you do yourself no good.

I consume only corporate media. Do you know why? Because The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post print corrections every day. And they pay people to go to war-zones and to try to actually figure out secrets for themselves–which is extremely expensive. And the accountability that is bestowed upon them by virtue of the fact that millions of people, many of them extremely important and extremely powerful, depend upon them to be correct–that accountability is not bestowed upon partisan niche outlets.

So am I brainwashed, or am I just using my time effectively?[/quote]

e-high five

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:

e-high five[/quote]

Received and returned, kind sir.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[/quote]

I see Bean’s and raise you another…well put sir.

The fact that somebody decided to take the time to make a video of himself high-fiving a don’t-walk sign makes me very happy. It’s the little things in life.

[quote]smh23 wrote:
The fact that somebody decided to take the time to make a video of himself high-fiving a don’t-walk sign makes me very happy. It’s the little things in life.[/quote]

You guys are the best. I love this site. It is like gear (I do not use steriods) for muscle building. I left for 2 years and can not stay away. I am drawn to this place.

[quote]Legionary wrote:

[quote]Legionary wrote:

My God. Who knew there were so many pacifists in the U.S. military?

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=767&Itemid=74&jumival=9892[/quote]

“Peter Kuznick (co-author with Oliver Stone (LOL!) of The Untold History of the Unites States): The atomic bomb did not end the war with Japan, it was a threat to the Soviet Union that the US would dominate the post-war world -”

Hmmm, maybe it performed both functions? This post is pointless. Anyone who has taken a survey level history course should know this.

“So one of the themes you take up in this series is the issue of was the nuclear attack on Japan necessary, the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And the thesis of the book essentially is that it wasn’t. And it seems to me it’s such a critical question, because if you can accept that using weapons of mass destruction is legitimate and was acceptable then, then why can’t you accept anything after that?”

The casualty predictions for Operation Downfall (the proposed amphibious invasion of Japan) ran into the millions for Allied casualties and several times that number for total Japanese casualties. The atomic bomb saved far more lives than those it took in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Your independent news source is a fucking joke.[/quote]

Too bad a number of generals and Admirals didn’t agree with you,[/quote]

Oh wow, that’s a compelling argument you’re making. History requires a consensus now? I’d like to see that “list.” Given the quality of your posts, I would be dumbfounded if you had any formal education in any of the fields you talk out of your ass about.[/quote]

Touche’