T Nation

The Body Weight Factor

I have a pic of me before lifting on my iPhone. If anyone knows how to get that on here (wont let me copy/paste) let me know. If not it will be up later. Also I don’t have one after my cut cause I’m only 3 weeks in

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
why are all these debates about the noobs?

if a noob drank protein shakes, did pushups, and went for a walk after dinner, he’d get bigger stronger leaner. yayyyyy!!!

let’s talk about what the best of the best consistently do…[/quote]

Cause fck greatness many gym goers and most posters here will.never be impressive so.lets not.set limits for the noobs that dont know how.to.eat right before we shit on them.and they blow away the casey butt.chart by doing.things optimally as far as weigjt.gains are concerned but at the same.time.making as little.changes as possible to their diet and fuck weighting food cause you dont wanna ruin their real.life.career with that time.consuming.endeavor

[quote]bulkNcut wrote:
I have a pic of me before lifting on my iPhone. If anyone knows how to get that on here (wont let me copy/paste) let me know. If not it will be up later. Also I don’t have one after my cut cause I’m only 3 weeks in [/quote]

I noticed your biceps stand out…and no joke, you are not in worse condition than some of us have been at times in the past.

The difference is, if you post on a site like this, you have to understand that most of the responses you get are NOT coming from people who have even done better than you especially if they have no pics posted.

Just know that newer trainers can ONLY seem to see “body fat” and will ignore muscle gains.

Keep doing what you are and reevaluate throughout.

[quote]SkyNett wrote:

[quote]BrickHead wrote:

Don’t you think it can be finally summed up to this:

1. If you like being full house or have some absolute strength goal, then be full house!
  2. If you’re more physique and weight conscious, say for appearance, bodybuilding competition, or sports performance, then keep your body composition where it needs to be.
    [/quote]

And weeks and weeks of arguing, plus multiple threads on the same thing, and a brand new forum (which is the same shit as the old forum) can be boiled down to this simple statement.

You like being 8% year round? Cool - have at it.

You don’t care about your BF percentage? Cool - have at it.

Seems pretty easy…
[/quote]
Have you learnt nothing, malaka? :wink:
Easy != interesting/entertaining

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Chris, let me say that you’re probably one of my favorite authors on here. You address each and every thread posing questions (usually in the beginners section where we don’t all have the ; to sit and explain the rudimentary aspects), and always exercise restraint, and politeness in even the most ridiculous situations.[/quote]
Thanks man, but you’re clearly biased because we’ve lifted together. :wink:

Thanks bud. Glad to help.

[quote]Waittz wrote:
This is what i get for venturing outside of the GAL… [/quote]
Pretty much how I’m feeling, regarding the Beginners forum.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I never said you should post less.[/quote]
My mistake then. I thought it was implied when you said “We all should have that goal [being big enough for people to notice] to some degree if we are posting here.” As in, if we do not have that goal, then we should not be posting here. We seem to miscommunicate/misunderstand a lot.

At the time I posted, I didn’t know that your goal was “big enough to make people notice.” I don’t have an issue with that being a goal or motivation. I initially started lifting because, at 6’2" and 170, I was called “lanky” too often (heard it from three different people in the span of two weeks) and wanted that word to not apply anymore, so I can sort of relate.

I do believe that “wanting people to step aside when I walk in” is an immature goal, and I do believe that goal is not synonymous with “big enough to make people notice.” We disagree on that and that’s fine.

I’m out.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Chris, let me say that you’re probably one of my favorite authors on here. You address each and every thread posing questions (usually in the beginners section where we don’t all have the ; to sit and explain the rudimentary aspects), and always exercise restraint, and politeness in even the most ridiculous situations.[/quote]
Thanks man, but you’re clearly biased because we’ve lifted together. :wink:

Thanks bud. Glad to help.

[quote]Waittz wrote:
This is what i get for venturing outside of the GAL… [/quote]
Pretty much how I’m feeling, regarding the Beginners forum.

My mistake then. I thought it was implied when you said “We all should have that goal [being big enough for people to notice] to some degree if we are posting here.” As in, if we do not have that goal, then we should not be posting here. We seem to miscommunicate/misunderstand a lot.

At the time I posted, I didn’t know that your goal was “big enough to make people notice.” I don’t have an issue with that being a goal or motivation. I initially started lifting because, at 6’2" and 170, I was called “lanky” too often (heard it from three different people in the span of two weeks) and wanted that word to not apply anymore, so I can sort of relate.

I do believe that “wanting people to step aside when I walk in” is an immature goal, and I do believe that goal is not synonymous with “big enough to make people notice.” We disagree on that and that’s fine.

I’m out.[/quote]

Great post or greatest post?

I haven’t even posted in the bodybuilding forum since this forum went up…[/quote]

Best Post

The BB forum has never been better.

I guess I can atleast say I had low bf%

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

I haven’t even posted in the bodybuilding forum since this forum went up…[/quote]

Best Post

The BB forum has never been better.[/quote]

Ololololol

Best toast?

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

My mistake then. I thought it was implied when you said “We all should have that goal [being big enough for people to notice] to some degree if we are posting here.” As in, if we do not have that goal, then we should not be posting here. We seem to miscommunicate/misunderstand a lot.[/quote]

This forum is all about being really big and strong…so YES, right here, the goal of most should be to stand out.

Otherwise, what is the point of this forum?

You misunderstand what you choose it seems. My words are written clearly.

What you read into it is your own.

[quote]

At the time I posted, I didn’t know that your goal was “big enough to make people notice.” I don’t have an issue with that being a goal or motivation. I initially started lifting because, at 6’2" and 170, I was called “lanky” too often (heard it from three different people in the span of two weeks) and wanted that word to not apply anymore, so I can sort of relate.[/quote]

If you can relate, why would you make some attempt to act as if “big enough to make people get out of the way when you enter a room” sound negative?

I don’t know many meatheads who would do that.

I know CT wouldn’t.

[quote]

I’m out.[/quote]

This is semantics again. It is a figure of speech that you are turning into some sort of pseudopsycho babble.

Getting big enough for people to step aside could easily be written as “I want to be big enough that my muscles are way bigger than average”.

You CHOSE to read more into it.

That wold be like me shitting on the goals of someone else simply because I “don’t get it”…when it isn’t for me to get in the first place.

X, the important thing here is that a thread you made is doing well, and that makes you a winner. I know that’s how I measure my progress.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
why are all these debates about the noobs?

if a noob drank protein shakes, did pushups, and went for a walk after dinner, he’d get bigger stronger leaner. yayyyyy!!!

let’s talk about what the best of the best consistently do…[/quote]

This is true. Maybe we should talk about intermediate guys 2-4 years in. [/quote]

Good point.

How are guys like that doing?

Any pics so we can discuss?[/quote]

My biggest hurdle became consistency an issue I think many intermediate lifters face. From 18-22, while in the military, I went from 135 to 170, back down to 153, and then back up to about 180. I had a ton of time and lifted from 11:00 - 13:00 5 days a week. When I got out and reality hit my training suffered. Began working at a desk, half hour lunch, night classes. Ended up at about 225 and not a good 225. All my lifts stalled and so did any progress. It really wasn’t until recently (26 now) that I’ve re-prioritized training. I invested in a home gym (no excuse anymore) and am starting to see some good progress. I’m now down to about 208 and have hit several PRs this month including 402 X 1 deadlift last Tuesday.

Videos and pics are in my hub or in my indigo log

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_indigo_2/usmccds423s_indigo3g_log

I’ll also dig up some old pics for reference.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

My biggest hurdle became consistency an issue I think many intermediate lifters face. From 18-22, while in the military, I went from 135 to 170, back down to 153, and then back up to about 180. I had a ton of time and lifted from 11:00 - 13:00 5 days a week. When I got out and reality hit my training suffered. Began working at a desk, half hour lunch, night classes. Ended up at about 225 and not a good 225. All my lifts stalled and so did any progress. It really wasn’t until recently (26 now) that I’ve re-prioritized training. I invested in a home gym (no excuse anymore) and am starting to see some good progress. I’m now down to about 208 and have hit several PRs this month including 402 X 1 deadlift last Tuesday.

Videos and pics are in my hub or in my indigo log

[/quote]

That right there is why I mentioned focusing a newb’s intent on his gym consistency first and foremost even before huge changes are made with diet…because that alone will help carry them through a life time of ups and downs…not “I think I am eating perfectly at all times” which can actually cause so much analysis that progress is haulted in the long term

Maybe it’ll work now…

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:
X, the important thing here is that a thread you made is doing well, and that makes you a winner. I know that’s how I measure my progress.[/quote]

I measure my progress by how tight my hips are, the less of a lunge I can do, the more progress I make on my fullhouse look.

I hear that shit is fashionable around this time of the year.

I don’t have one with shirt off but honestly it would scare you…

Bulk…if you gained arms like you did after starting like that, anyone shitting on that progress is an asshole.

Keep doing what you are, and no, I would not shit on your progress if you “gained slowly” like someone else implied.

Anyone who gets arms that big after starting like that did something right, not all out wrong.

most… many… YOU… most… genetics… progress… most… big… many… size… obese… most… BEST POST… biologist… LOL… education… progress… WHY?.. not me… most

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
most… many… YOU… most… genetics… progress… most… big… many… size… obese… most… BEST POST… biologist… LOL… education… progress… WHY?.. not me… most[/quote]

Best Post