The Black GWB

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
I would happily vote for Condi Rice or Colin Powell, or an intelligent, conservative and eloquent person who has the skills to lead this country.

Just because I don’t think Obama has those skills doesn’t imply racism.

GWB betrayed his conservative base, IMO. I stopped supporting him because he stopped supporting my ideals — term limits, a balanced budget amendment, and so on. Why would I continue to support Bush after all that?

It IS true that I do NOT like a religion that lets violent scum speak for it. I truly do hate those who use it as a cover and a rallying point for their agenda, like the Iranian prick. Tricking children into becoming mass murderers is unforgiveable. I think even Wreckless would agree with that.

You proved yourself a racist right there. You would only consider to vote for a black candidate if (s)he was “an intelligent, conservative and eloquent person who has the skills to lead this country”.

Yet you voted for Bush.

Twice.

If that’s not racism, I don’t know what is.[/quote]

So the fact that he’s black we must vote for him? I can’t judge his policies If I don’t vote obama I’m a racist son of a bitch. Please don’t throw that word around unless you know its meaning which you obviously don’t.

[quote]John S. wrote:
Wreckless wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
I would happily vote for Condi Rice or Colin Powell, or an intelligent, conservative and eloquent person who has the skills to lead this country.

GWB betrayed his conservative base, IMO. I stopped supporting him because he stopped supporting my ideals — term limits, a balanced budget amendment, and so on. Why would I continue to support Bush after all that?

It IS true that I do NOT like a religion that lets violent scum speak for it. I truly do hate those who use it as a cover and a rallying point for their agenda, like the Iranian prick. Tricking children into becoming mass murderers is unforgiveable. I think even Wreckless would agree with that.

You proved yourself a racist right there. You would only consider to vote for a black candidate if (s)he was “an intelligent, conservative and eloquent person who has the skills to lead this country”.

Yet you voted for Bush.

Twice.

If that’s not racism, I don’t know what is.

So the fact that he’s black we must vote for him? I can’t judge his policies If I don’t vote obama I’m a racist son of a bitch. Please don’t throw that word around unless you know its meaning which you obviously don’t.[/quote]

He was making a joke about how HH would be critical of a black candidate, but not critical if a conservative white candidate,who is not “intelligent and eloquent” (Bush).

It was a joke. Still, most of us have learned to just sort of ignore Wreckless.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
John S. wrote:
Wreckless wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Yet you voted for Bush.

Twice.

If that’s not racism, I don’t know what is.

So the fact that he’s black we must vote for him? I can’t judge his policies If I don’t vote obama I’m a racist son of a bitch. Please don’t throw that word around unless you know its meaning which you obviously don’t.

He was making a joke about how HH would be critical of a black candidate, but not critical if a conservative white candidate,who is not “intelligent and eloquent” (Bush).

It was a joke. Still, most of us have learned to just sort of ignore Wreckless.[/quote]

So its ok for him to make a joke calling HH a racist? Last time I looked calling someone a racist wasn’t funny.

It was not a joke.

When you won’t consider voting for black candidates only if they are “an intelligent, conservative and eloquent person who has the skills to lead this country”, but you voted for a moron like Bush twice, that makes you racist.

Why don’t you recognise racism when it’s staring you directly in the face ? ? ?

I’ll tell you a joke about racism.

3 children are playing in the sand and the teacher asks them what they did.
We were playing in the sand, said Allice.
Teacher: So, write the word “play” on the blackboard, and I’ll give you an apple.
Allice does, and she gets an apple

And what did you do Jimmy?
I played in the sand with Allice.
So write the word sand on the blackboard, and this apple is yours.
Jimmy gets and apple.

And what did you do Lee?
Well, they wouldn’t let me play with them in the sand because I’m black.
But, that’s blatant racism, and it’s not condoned in this school ! ! !
So Lee, if you write on the blackboard “uncondoned blatant racism” you will also get an apple.

It should be clear to any rational person (so wreckless won’t get it) that IDEAS will trump eloquence. I would choose someone who wasn’t a powerful speaker if I agreed with their ideas. The primary ‘gateway’ is conservatism, which Ms. Rice and Mr. Powell have more of than Barack, the most liberal of all the senators we have.

Mr. Bush passed himself off as a conservative. We had high hopes for him, esp with regard to term limits for congressmen. We were betrayed.

So, get over it, Wreckless. If the president of Belgium suddenly decided to send troops to Iraq, should we harp on your previous support for him? “What? You didn’t anticipate him reversing himself like that? You’re all dumb fucks!” How could you know, Wreckless, that he would betray you? Maybe change your screen name to Nostradamus? Idiot.

You used to sign off with HH.

Now you sign off with idiot.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
It was not a joke.

When you won’t consider voting for black candidates only if they are “an intelligent, conservative and eloquent person who has the skills to lead this country”, but you voted for a moron like Bush twice, that makes you racist.

Why don’t you recognise racism when it’s staring you directly in the face ? ? ?

I’ll tell you a joke about racism.

3 children are playing in the sand and the teacher asks them what they did.
We were playing in the sand, said Allice.
Teacher: So, write the word “play” on the blackboard, and I’ll give you an apple.
Allice does, and she gets an apple

And what did you do Jimmy?
I played in the sand with Allice.
So write the word sand on the blackboard, and this apple is yours.
Jimmy gets and apple.

And what did you do Lee?
Well, they wouldn’t let me play with them in the sand because I’m black.
But, that’s blatant racism, and it’s not condoned in this school ! ! !
So Lee, if you write on the blackboard “uncondoned blatant racism” you will also get an apple.[/quote]

Oh I can see racism when it stares me in the face, but HH is not a racist, He is saying he would vote RICE or POWELL. Or do they not count as being black because there conservative?