T Nation

The Black GWB

Its an auspicious beginning!

"Obama: ‘10,000 People Died’ in Kansas Tornado
Wednesday, May 09, 2007

RICHMOND, Va. ? Barack Obama, caught up in the fervor of a campaign speech Tuesday, drastically overstated the Kansas tornadoes death toll, saying 10,000 had died.

The death toll was 12.

“In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died ? an entire town destroyed,” the Democratic presidential candidate said in a speech to 500 people packed into a sweltering Richmond art studio for a fundraiser.

Obama mentioned the disaster in Greensburg, Kan., in saying he had been told by the office of Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius that the state’s National Guard had been depleted by its commitment to the Iraq War.

“Turns out that the National Guard in Kansas only had 40 percent of its equipment and they are having to slow down the recovery process in Kansas,” Obama said, his shirt sleeves rolled up and his head glistening with sweat.

As the Illinois senator concluded his remarks a few minutes later, he appeared to realize his gaffe."

Looks like we’ve got another one in the making!

I think this was a true gaffe and not an intentional misrepresentation.

But Obama immediately went into a “sometimes I get a little tired” as an excuse.

No problem - the President of Iran will let you call a timeout if you get a little winded on the job.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
I think this was a true gaffe and not an intentional misrepresentation.

But Obama immediately went into a “sometimes I get a little tired” as an excuse.

No problem - the President of Iran will let you call a timeout if you get a little winded on the job.[/quote]

I wonder if Letterman is compiling a list, as he did for GWB.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
No problem - the President of Iran will let you call a timeout if you get a little winded on the job.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought that was a particularly poorly chosen excuse. He should have left it at “I misspoke.”

[quote]nephorm wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
No problem - the President of Iran will let you call a timeout if you get a little winded on the job.

Yeah, I thought that was a particularly poorly chosen excuse. He should have left it at “I misspoke.”[/quote]

I’ll give him props on recognizing the mistake during his speech. And I agree with you on the excuse, should have just said he misspoke, there really is no shame in saying that.

[quote]Ren wrote:
nephorm wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
No problem - the President of Iran will let you call a timeout if you get a little winded on the job.

Yeah, I thought that was a particularly poorly chosen excuse. He should have left it at “I misspoke.”

I’ll give him props on recognizing the mistake during his speech. And I agree with you on the excuse, should have just said he misspoke, there really is no shame in saying that.[/quote]

OH! you give him PROPS! good for you! you certainly are a fair guy, aren’t you?

[quote]DS 007 wrote:
Ren wrote:
nephorm wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
No problem - the President of Iran will let you call a timeout if you get a little winded on the job.

Yeah, I thought that was a particularly poorly chosen excuse. He should have left it at “I misspoke.”

I’ll give him props on recognizing the mistake during his speech. And I agree with you on the excuse, should have just said he misspoke, there really is no shame in saying that.

OH! you give him PROPS! good for you! you certainly are a fair guy, aren’t you?
[/quote]

Well, since most politicians keep on going, and then make up alot of shit post-speech or refuse to acknowledge that they misspoke, or don’t remember speaking at all…

[quote]Ren wrote:

I’ll give him props …[/quote]

He probably prefers hookers.

[quote]nephorm wrote:

Yeah, I thought that was a particularly poorly chosen excuse. He should have left it at “I misspoke.”[/quote]

Especially given that his smoking habit was to be deleterious to his campaign.

I don’t mock GWB for misspeaking, I mock him for misspeaking consistently. When you have enough Obamisms for a 365 day calendar, then you can start mocking him for it :slight_smile:

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
I don’t mock GWB for misspeaking, I mock him for misspeaking consistently. When you have enough Obamisms for a 365 day calendar, then you can start mocking him for it :)[/quote]

I don’t think anyone is mocking Obama for misspeaking - they worry about his type of excuse-making after the fact.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
I don’t mock GWB for misspeaking, I mock him for misspeaking consistently. When you have enough Obamisms for a 365 day calendar, then you can start mocking him for it :slight_smile:

I don’t think anyone is mocking Obama for misspeaking - they worry about his type of excuse-making after the fact.
[/quote]

Bush has misspoke in this sort of way hundreds of times. It’s funny.

This misspeak was funny. But not that funny.

Do you seriously know a politician who couldn’t come up with a better excuse when asked (besides Bush, who we’ve just come to expect it from and don’t require a real explanation for anymore)?

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
I don’t mock GWB for misspeaking, I mock him for misspeaking consistently. When you have enough Obamisms for a 365 day calendar, then you can start mocking him for it :slight_smile:

I don’t think anyone is mocking Obama for misspeaking - they worry about his type of excuse-making after the fact.

Bush has misspoke in this sort of way hundreds of times. It’s funny.

This misspeak was funny. But not that funny.

Do you seriously know a politician who couldn’t come up with a better excuse when asked (besides Bush, who we’ve just come to expect it from and don’t require a real explanation for anymore)?[/quote]

Thats a lot of bullshit. If bush said it you would be all over it. So what if he misspoke he generally corrects himself its no big deal.

Lets put a camera on you and make the whole nation watch, I want to see you not mess up, like mess up a date or something to that. Everyone messes up some more then others.(this is not aimed at you personally this is aimed at everyone).

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
I don’t mock GWB for misspeaking, I mock him for misspeaking consistently. When you have enough Obamisms for a 365 day calendar, then you can start mocking him for it :slight_smile:

I don’t think anyone is mocking Obama for misspeaking - they worry about his type of excuse-making after the fact.
[/quote]

Well, at least he’s making excuses. He could have gone with “stay the course”.

Either way, if this guy is so much like GWB, why don’t you like him more. Is it because he’s black?

Must be, since he’s the black GWB.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
I don’t mock GWB for misspeaking, I mock him for misspeaking consistently. When you have enough Obamisms for a 365 day calendar, then you can start mocking him for it :slight_smile:

I don’t think anyone is mocking Obama for misspeaking - they worry about his type of excuse-making after the fact.

Well, at least he’s making excuses. He could have gone with “stay the course”.

Either way, if this guy is so much like GWB, why don’t you like him more. Is it because he’s black?

Must be, since he’s the black GWB.[/quote]

Always good to see Wreckless ‘stay the course’ and be wrong.

[quote]John S. wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
I don’t mock GWB for misspeaking, I mock him for misspeaking consistently. When you have enough Obamisms for a 365 day calendar, then you can start mocking him for it :slight_smile:

I don’t think anyone is mocking Obama for misspeaking - they worry about his type of excuse-making after the fact.

Bush has misspoke in this sort of way hundreds of times. It’s funny.

This misspeak was funny. But not that funny.

Do you seriously know a politician who couldn’t come up with a better excuse when asked (besides Bush, who we’ve just come to expect it from and don’t require a real explanation for anymore)?

Thats a lot of bullshit. If bush said it you would be all over it. So what if he misspoke he generally corrects himself its no big deal.

Lets put a camera on you and make the whole nation watch, I want to see you not mess up, like mess up a date or something to that. Everyone messes up some more then others.(this is not aimed at you personally this is aimed at everyone).[/quote]

umm, if Bush said it, I’d laugh. Not be “all over him”. I’d laugh. And guess what, I laughed at this too.

Holy shit! A person with a non-partisan sense of humor! Can it really be true?

Common, even you cons can admit “Is our children learning?” is fucking hysterical. I’m not one of the idiots suggesting he’s bringing shame to America because of this. He brings us shame in many other, and more valid, ways.

[quote]Wreckless wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
I don’t mock GWB for misspeaking, I mock him for misspeaking consistently. When you have enough Obamisms for a 365 day calendar, then you can start mocking him for it :slight_smile:

I don’t think anyone is mocking Obama for misspeaking - they worry about his type of excuse-making after the fact.

Well, at least he’s making excuses. He could have gone with “stay the course”.

Either way, if this guy is so much like GWB, why don’t you like him more. Is it because he’s black?

Must be, since he’s the black GWB.[/quote]

Can we all stop saying HH is racist against blacks? He’s obviously not. He’s against Muslims and Islam. Saying he hates black people makes you about as stupid as Kanye West’s dumb ass.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
Wreckless wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
I don’t mock GWB for misspeaking, I mock him for misspeaking consistently. When you have enough Obamisms for a 365 day calendar, then you can start mocking him for it :slight_smile:

I don’t think anyone is mocking Obama for misspeaking - they worry about his type of excuse-making after the fact.

Well, at least he’s making excuses. He could have gone with “stay the course”.

Either way, if this guy is so much like GWB, why don’t you like him more. Is it because he’s black?

Must be, since he’s the black GWB.

Can we all stop saying HH is racist against blacks? He’s obviously not. He’s against Muslims and Islam. Saying he hates black people makes you about as stupid as Kanye West’s dumb ass. [/quote]

Are you saying he’s not a racist because he hates all non-whites equally?

Anyway, I was only pointing out that he loves GWB. He claims he doesn’t, be we know he does. And he hates Obama.

And he claims the only difference between them is their color.

You decide.

Also, before you claim he doesn’t hate blacks, you should read his “I just love Martin Luther King but some white fat guy in a pink tutu told me the good dr. spanks white whores, so I’ll just go with that” thread. Then report back here.

I would happily vote for Condi Rice or Colin Powell, or an intelligent, conservative and eloquent person who has the skills to lead this country.

Just because I don’t think Obama has those skills doesn’t imply racism.

GWB betrayed his conservative base, IMO. I stopped supporting him because he stopped supporting my ideals — term limits, a balanced budget amendment, and so on. Why would I continue to support Bush after all that?

It IS true that I do NOT like a religion that lets violent scum speak for it. I truly do hate those who use it as a cover and a rallying point for their agenda, like the Iranian prick. Tricking children into becoming mass murderers is unforgiveable. I think even Wreckless would agree with that.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
I would happily vote for Condi Rice or Colin Powell, or an intelligent, conservative and eloquent person who has the skills to lead this country.

Just because I don’t think Obama has those skills doesn’t imply racism.

GWB betrayed his conservative base, IMO. I stopped supporting him because he stopped supporting my ideals — term limits, a balanced budget amendment, and so on. Why would I continue to support Bush after all that?

It IS true that I do NOT like a religion that lets violent scum speak for it. I truly do hate those who use it as a cover and a rallying point for their agenda, like the Iranian prick. Tricking children into becoming mass murderers is unforgiveable. I think even Wreckless would agree with that. [/quote]

You proved yourself a racist right there. You would only consider to vote for a black candidate if (s)he was “an intelligent, conservative and eloquent person who has the skills to lead this country”.

Yet you voted for Bush.

Twice.

If that’s not racism, I don’t know what is.