T Nation

The Birth of the 3rd Party

http://www.clubforgrowth.org/2009/10/cfg_poll_hoffman_leading_in_ny.php

Looks like America is finally done with the 2 party system. Lets hope this trend continues.

[quote]John S. wrote:

Looks like America is finally done with the 2 party system. Lets hope this trend continues.[/quote]

One race does not a new party make. There will be no new party, the sort of money, and coordination that it takes does not come easy.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
John S. wrote:

Looks like America is finally done with the 2 party system. Lets hope this trend continues.

One race does not a new party make. There will be no new party, the sort of money, and coordination that it takes does not come easy. [/quote]

If the GOP keeps on picking Rino’s there will be a 3rd party.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
John S. wrote:

One race does not a new party make. There will be no new party, the sort of money, and coordination that it takes does not come easy. [/quote]

Money will be meaningless when you have to write a six figure check bumper sticker.
Of course by that point there will be no national banks to issue checks, but you get the message.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The Ron Paul league of Republicans, Adam Kokesh, Rand Paul, Ron and the rest, are either going to end up taking over the GOP or start their own party.

The Republican Party has pretty much shot any credibility they had left. After 8 years of madness, with no real opposition or party division, they put on some fool’s parade of an election with all sorts of low blows and cheap tricks. McCain showed he was senile and insane, Palin showed how stupid and misled the party constituency and leadership is, and don’t forget the Georgia debacle, if that wasn’t a directly Republican controlled drama-queen stunt then it is probably some of the worst blowback of the last 20 years.

Then after all that bullshit, they whine and rave against spending billions on a project that actually gives us a benefit (medical coverage) when they tanked the economy in trillion dollar foriegn wars. Oh yeah, and don’t forget, Bobby Jindal…BOBBY JINDAL, well let’s play Obama-Ball, and send our own brown guy to make the national rebuttal…pathetic.

I was hoping this was going to be more about a REAL third party and not just another ultra conservative (sigh)

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
I was hoping this was going to be more about a REAL third party and not just another ultra conservative (sigh)[/quote]

And yet people are flocking to this party, I would say this is a very “REAL” third party.

[quote]John S. wrote:
lanchefan1 wrote:
I was hoping this was going to be more about a REAL third party and not just another ultra conservative (sigh)

And yet people are flocking to this party, I would say this is a very “REAL” third party.[/quote]

What constitutes “flocking?” Ron Paul wants to roll back the clock with a “Constitutional” size government. Good luck. Article One of the Constitution states “The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand.” Wow, under Ron Paul’s government we could have 10,000 US Reps instead of just 435. Good luck getting a concensus that way.

“There is nothing NEW under the sun” Solomon

Also, will we get rid of a standing Army? No mention of that one in the Constitution. In fact when Washington requested a two year draft in 1776, the Continental Congress said Nope. You can have money for recruitment instead. We almost got our “collective” asses kicked in 1812 because we disbanded the Army and Navy after the Revolution. Think of all the money we’ll save without a defense budget. Come on Ron Paul. The politically retarded unite behind their leader.

Ron Paul…RossPerot.2=further splintering of conservatives=liberal utopian discussed at length here. For historical reference see 1992 unseating of incumbent.

Third parties do well at the local level (town/city, county). The old addage that “politics is local” really is true. Some have made progress at the state level, but it’s much harder to make inroads at the Federal level.

[quote]John S. wrote:
lanchefan1 wrote:

And yet people are flocking to this party, I would say this is a very “REAL” third party.[/quote]

It’s not a third party, it is just more republicans being more conservative. And by doing so probably gift wrapping an election for a rival party.

“They’re not promising to give me new stuffs on the backs of my fellow citizens!” That’s just unamerican.

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
John S. wrote:
lanchefan1 wrote:

And yet people are flocking to this party, I would say this is a very “REAL” third party.

It’s not a third party, it is just more republicans being more conservative. And by doing so probably gift wrapping an election for a rival party.[/quote]

And yet he is leading in the polls… Doesn’t sound like he gift wrapped the election here.

[quote]pwrlifter198 wrote:
Also, will we get rid of a standing Army? No mention of that one in the Constitution. In fact when Washington requested a two year draft in 1776, the Continental Congress said Nope. You can have money for recruitment instead. We almost got our “collective” asses kicked in 1812 because we disbanded the Army and Navy after the Revolution. Think of all the money we’ll save without a defense budget. Come on Ron Paul. The politically retarded unite behind their leader.[/quote]

Article 1 section 8. To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy.

Perhaps you should read the constitution before you talk about it?

The laws are stacked against any new parties – this is the way the establishment wants it.

There will be no solutions that come out of politics. Ever.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
The laws are stacked against any new parties – this is the way the establishment wants it.

There will be no solutions that come out of politics. Ever.[/quote]

The problem is unless you decide to fight through politics you will change nothing. Learn to embrace your republic, if the 23rd NY district can do this why can’t the rest of the country. The only way this 3rd party is going to fail is if Republicans start electing people who hold very similar beliefs as Hoffman. Then you really couldn’t call them failed but more of a merger.

[quote]John S. wrote:
lanchefan1 wrote:
John S. wrote:
lanchefan1 wrote:

It’s not a third party, it is just more republicans being more conservative. And by doing so probably gift wrapping an election for a rival party.

And yet he is leading in the polls… Doesn’t sound like he gift wrapped the election here.[/quote]

Because polls are always so accurate…

[quote]lanchefan1 wrote:
John S. wrote:
lanchefan1 wrote:

It’s not a third party, it is just more republicans being more conservative. And by doing so probably gift wrapping an election for a rival party.[/quote]

It is a third party - it’s people who used to self-identify as Republicans who realized that party is not conservative and so left.