Sunday, 16th September 2018.
- walked to the gym and the usual warm-up.
- Back squat to a box: 4 sets of (6 x 70kg), 12 push-ups with feet elevated b/w sets.
- Supersetted 3 sets of: walking dB lunges (10 x 12.5kg), with single-hand band rows (10 x purple band).
- farmer walks: 3 rounds of 3 laps of the prowler track holding 42.5kg dBs.
- finished off with some speed ladder and supine “no money” band work.
My right quad/IT band was cramping/seizing up again as I was warming up for the squats, so I went light and concentrated on speed and mind-muscle connection. Im not sure whats wrong with the right quad, but Im not overly concerned as its only with squats I feel it. I think with time and some foam rolling it should all be good.
Had the gym to myself, so I decided to finish up on the speed ladder. I haven’t used one of these for a few years since retiring from football. It was fun and something different.
I was going to do some bike hill sprints later today, but Im not sure I will considering my right quad was cramping up. I will see how I feel later.