The Biggest Scam of the 21th Century

[quote]Kilosprinter2 wrote:
countingbeans wrote:
Kilosprinter2 wrote:
Can you guess what it is?

My vote goes to “college.” How many college grads have their bachelors degree in hand and can’t get any job that requires the mental capacity greater than that of a monkey? A bet a whole crapload. I thought a BS in a business concentration (finance) would be one of the most marketable degrees.

Yeah I’m bitter. I’m thinking of how else I’m going to support myself and not go mentally insane as I work in a warehouse picking up boxes.

ahhhh, Finance WAS a great degree to have up until about 12-15 months ago. My buddy was making 6 figures 24 months out of college. Now he and like 3 other people are the only ones left.

And I thank my lucky starts every day I went to school.

Give it awhile and demand will go back up rapidly in that field. Maybe get your MBA while you wait?

I thought about it, but I don’t have any finance related work experience, so having an MBA wouldn’t help much. Plus most programs require you to have professional work experience.
[/quote]

Good points all around. You kinda are taking it in that ass right now, pretty hardcore.

Sorry man.

Buy mutual funds.

[quote]Dre the Hatchet wrote:
Soy being promoted as a health food.[/quote]

Great one I forgot about SOY

NO Xplode

I’m gonna chime in on this because I also have a finance degree. What a worthless piece of paper. When I was a junior the opportunities were endless. Then, about 4 months before I graduated, everything went to shit in the financial world. Entry level jobs became jobs with 5 yrs required experience and such. I got tired of jumping from sales job to sales job (mostly Loan Officer stuff), and decided to wait out the storm in grad school. So I’m getting my MBA regardless of my lack of work experience. If anything, it may save me some time in the future when an MBA may be required for a promotion. Plus, I’m considering specializing my MBA in supply-chain management which seems to be the only safe bet in business schools nowadays.

Michael Jackson’s death. We all know he’s out there somewhere in a little boys closet.

21th century…?
Win…

[quote]nik133 wrote:
Global Warming[/quote]

x 1000!

Biggest Scam: People thinking that college is the end-all-be-all of living the best life and if you get through it then there must be a job just waiting for you.

Just because you picked the wrong field to work in doesn’t mean getting college degree is a scam.

We’re given opportunities, not promises.

Race is the biggest scam. Just something to make the whole world build there own private wall.

I’m gonna agree with Global warming, Soy, and obama.

and for my own contribution, how about hybrids? Yeah its all well and good to have a car that doesn’t run on gas, but what does it run on? Electricity. Where does that energy come from? Burning coal. Ipso Facto, pointless endeavor. Not to mention producing the batteries they use produce a recockulous amount of waste by themselves. Don’t get me wrong, I couldn’t give a bakers fook less about the environment, they’re just a scam, that make people think they’re better. They may not produce smog, but they do produce smug.

[quote]CrookedCrown wrote:
I’m gonna chime in on this because I also have a finance degree. What a worthless piece of paper. When I was a junior the opportunities were endless. Then, about 4 months before I graduated, everything went to shit in the financial world. Entry level jobs became jobs with 5 yrs required experience and such. I got tired of jumping from sales job to sales job (mostly Loan Officer stuff), and decided to wait out the storm in grad school. So I’m getting my MBA regardless of my lack of work experience. If anything, it may save me some time in the future when an MBA may be required for a promotion. Plus, I’m considering specializing my MBA in supply-chain management which seems to be the only safe bet in business schools nowadays. [/quote]

I’m glad someone else can confirm how useless it seems to be to search for jobs in my position right now.

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
21th century…?
Win…[/quote]

biggest scam

tricking people into talking with a lisp

George W. Bush

Suckers voted him in… TWICE.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
George W. Bush

Suckers voted him in… TWICE. [/quote]

I think that was more being PUNKED than scammed. But yeah 2x

maybe you should look for a job outside of business.

i mean id think someone who spent 4 years studying business would know that you should be following the money instead of stagnating at one place hoping things ‘just turn around’.

plus 9/10 people are taking business majors, so the whole field is over saturated if you ask me aka greater supply than demand.

you should be a talent manager, they make bank.

major league baseball and steroid abuse… for the record i dont give a fuck if u guys use them (i was actually thinking of running a cycle once or twice), but it shouldnt be allowed in sports

[quote]SickAbs wrote:
major league baseball and steroid abuse… for the record i dont give a fuck if u guys use them (i was actually thinking of running a cycle once or twice), but it shouldnt be allowed in sports[/quote]

Hold up. If you think its ok to use them then why not in sports? I know its off topic sorry

^
I think that would merit a whole other thread

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
^
I think that would merit a whole other thread[/quote]

Thats fair. Agreed