T Nation

The Biggest Loser/Biggest Gainer

Dont know about u guys but im sick and tired of seeing all these “fat shows”
Biggest loser
Celeb Fit Club etc etc

When are they going to bring a reality show out for the skinny fellas.

Use the name The biggest gainer or something.All these sad fat asses crying on my tv because thay say they do not deserve to be fat BLAH BLAH BLAH im sick of it!

Do u think such a show for the skinny fellas would work?

Get some good trainers in and have them in the gym workout out etc etc i think it would work.

U may have a show already in the US but over here in Aus we just see fatties all over the TV.

Peace

[quote]King of Kings wrote:
Dont know about u guys but im sick and tired of seeing all these “fat shows”
Biggest loser
Celeb Fit Club etc etc
[/quote]

What a severe situation you’re in. This might work: turn off the TV, read a book

It might work, but it would not be as fun as laughing at the fat people and watching them fail.

Even the books these days are ridiculous. I was in line buying some protein bars at the grocery store today and I looked at all the womens magazines that are lined up at the register.

All of them said “The easy way to lose weight” “50 EASY steps to a slim waist” “Walk off 24lbs by Memorial Day” “10 Thin people foods” “Why Angelina Jolie left Brad”

I think we all know these idiot magazine editors put this crap on the front of these magazines to make a dollar to the fatties in line that think it’s actually easy to lose weight.

It’s about just as stupid as those shows on TV. Especially Saturday mornings, about every channel it seems like it has an ab crunch machine, or some fitness speaker talk about if you buy their product you’ll magically be thin.

But if you think about it, the market for these products are HUGE. This country is getting more obese by the second. They dont care if you lose weight or not, they just want to see you buy their crap!

I think the Authors on T-Nation should take one extremely obese member and one extremely “skinny” member and have a Biggest Loser/Gainer on T-Nation.

Take said “study” and put THAT on TV and show everyday people WHY what they are doing is “better” than what people read in magazines.

[quote]Raven3606 wrote:
Even the books these days are ridiculous. I was in line buying some protein bars at the grocery store today and I looked at all the womens magazines that are lined up at the register.

All of them said “The easy way to lose weight” “50 EASY steps to a slim waist” “Walk off 24lbs by Memorial Day” “10 Thin people foods” “Why Angelina Jolie left Brad”

I think we all know these idiot magazine editors put this crap on the front of these magazines to make a dollar to the fatties in line that think it’s actually easy to lose weight.

It’s about just as stupid as those shows on TV. Especially Saturday mornings, about every channel it seems like it has an ab crunch machine, or some fitness speaker talk about if you buy their product you’ll magically be thin.

But if you think about it, the market for these products are HUGE. This country is getting more obese by the second. They dont care if you lose weight or not, they just want to see you buy their crap!

[/quote]

Wait a minute…

Angelina left Brad?

What rock have I been living under?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Raven3606 wrote:

Wait a minute…

Angelina left Brad?

What rock have I been living under?[/quote]

I’m shocked too. Apparently she has never seem how huge and ripped he was in Fight Club!

Aye, i read “The Game” rocked up to her in my peacocked outfit, tried “The cologne” opener on her, and the rest is history

now off to get Jen Aniston over for the “Dual Induction Massage” routine

Brad Pitt gets a lot of shit here(on T-Nation) for being as built as he is now.

Anyways, biggest gainer would just piss fat people off(since they are like 70% of the popluation) and ratings wouldn’t go anywhere.

Good try though

[quote]ShaneM686 wrote:
Brad Pitt gets a lot of shit here(on T-Nation) for being as built as he is now.

Anyways, biggest gainer would just piss fat people off(since they are like 70% of the popluation) and ratings wouldn’t go anywhere.

Good try though[/quote]

Yeah after i went on my rant yesterday i realised that 80% of people i know are overweight or just plain FAT!

So i can see that there would be no market for it.

Speaking of those ab gadgets,was watching tv with the wife and she says maybe i should get one of them to get a flat stomach. I shook my head at her and said yeah ok but what about your fat ass and chubby arms,it would look funny if u only had a flat stomach wouldnt it.

BAM! i was in pain for several minutes after a slap to my head :smiley:

Did anyone see Biggest Loser tonight?

They just told these folks, who really are not in a mass gaining phase, to drink 3 glasses of milk a day, they called it a lean protein source.

The Opie & Anthony show is having a biggest Gainer contest with some of the people from the radio show. Of course their goal is to get them as fat as possible… I think the highest amount of weight gained is only about 8lbs in 3-4 weeks.

A good idea would be for the contestants to lift weights…

I’d kill that contest. If I ate like a pig and lifted I know I could get to a sloppy 250 pretty quick I bet.

The thing is that you can expect to lose at least twice as much fat as you can gain muscle per week. The show would have to be filmed over 6 months in order to see any real progress.

Remember it is always about a person self esteem these days, not the truth. If we had a show for people who are already winners to become bigger winners who would gain more self esteem and be able to cry on TV for all to see. I mean I enjoy being forced, whenever I decide to watch TV, to feel sad at how these people didnt mean to eat at mcdonalds and burger king 5 times a day and didnt realize it would make them fat. Just thinking out loud

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

Did anyone see Biggest Loser tonight?

They just told these folks, who really are not in a mass gaining phase, to drink 3 glasses of milk a day, they called it a lean protein source.
[/quote]

Yeah, I questioned it as well. I can’t believe they workout 6 hrs a day. They have to be eating a lot of cals. It’s just a promotional gimic. Just like the low fat or low carb oatmeal they pawn off.

I love watching these shows, it makes me feel like I’m not as much of a fat ass as I thought :slight_smile: