Lifting more seriously for about 5 years. Stopped drinking and started paying FAR more attention to diet and training program design etc 2 or so years ago. I have gone up and down alot in weight, since I started, attempting to diet down, using the incorrect methods etc. Last year I got up to 110kg(240lbs) then cut down to about 200lbs, where I looked my best in terms of body comp.
Since then I gained more mass and fat again, but in the last few months, using biosig protocols, I have gained far more lean mass and am currently leanest and most muscular than I have ever been at approx 210lbs and approx 13-14% bf. I have since found that I have a fcked up thyroid and this is why I have struggled to drop the fat before, doing more cardio and losing mucsle/strength with fat. This is getting fixed and now, I am getting stronger and leaner;).
Anyway, still got PLENTY to learn about what works for me 100%, but things I do know:
- I respond best to reps <8
- I respond/function very well on low carbs, because I am so damn insulin resistant-getting fixed.
- I don't NEED carbs to gain lean muscle.
- Fixing deficiencies should be priority to ensure that your body functions well and thus leading to best gains and a drop in fat.
- I love lifting heavy weights!!