The Best Way to Avoid...

becoming diabetic while downing the amount of calories(carbs) needs for a ectomorph to grow? So many people keep warning me that what im doing is not good but this is the only thing i could forsee happening once i really started putting on mass…

how can i get my mom and dad to realize what im doing is not harmful to my body and infact healther than sitting on the couch and bed all day and eating mcdonalds and taco bell everydy like them?

Avoid simple carbs except for around your workout. Complex carbs wont turn you into a diabetic. No one ever got diabetes from eating oats, brown rice, and veggies their entire life.

[quote]djwhizkid wrote:
becoming diabetic while downing the amount of calories(carbs) needs for a ectomorph to grow? So many people keep warning me that what im doing is not good but this is the only thing i could forsee happening once i really started putting on mass…

how can i get my mom and dad to realize what im doing is not harmful to my body and infact healther than sitting on the couch and bed all day and eating mcdonalds and taco bell everydy like them?[/quote]

If you parents think that sitting around eating mcdonalds all day long is healthy, then good luck. People who’s idea of healthy is that far out of whack are difficult to get through to.

How about telling them that obesity has a huge correlation with type 2 diabetes, and that doing no physical exercise combined with eating excess calories (which they are most likely doing if they are consuming mcdonalds and taco bell all day long) is a sure fire way to become obese.

Just do what you know you need to do. Eat big, Lift big, and rest big, and in time when your doctor tells you that you are in great health, when your cholesterol is much lower than theirs, and when you look and feel amazing, then maybe they’ll realize that they were wrong and you were right.

By that time though, when they see the incredible affects that exercise does for not only your health, but also your quality of life, they’ll probably be asking you for help in getting themselves in shape. Nothing speaks louder than actual real world results.

Good luck and good training,

Sentoguy