T Nation

The Best Training to Get Shredded?

What is the best training method to get shredded? I'm going to a normal gym, without any prowlers or tires but I find a way to get some conditioning cardio in when I want to with kettle bells and pushups.
But in regards to the weights, rest times, rep ranges and movements...what is best?

As far as training, I’d say whatever challenges you the most. For some that could mean squat,deadlift and bench press. Others it might be barbell complexes with little rest. Ultimately I believe your diet is what will set you apart in this goal. As has been stated many times on here, you can’t out-train a shitty diet. I tried to for years!

The best training to get shredded is learning how to cook.

[quote]kb4391 wrote:
As far as training, I’d say whatever challenges you the most. For some that could mean squat,deadlift and bench press. Others it might be barbell complexes with little rest. Ultimately I believe your diet is what will set you apart in this goal. As has been stated many times on here, you can’t out-train a shitty diet. I tried to for years! [/quote]

I just read an article on complexes and I’m looking forward to trying them out. I really enjoy my weight lifting and would hate to give those up. Should I keep my 4-day split? Or shrink it and incorporate complexes?

I eat fairly clean now, usually around 3000 calories per day, but I need to fine tune a carb-cycling method.

Works a treat…

I think that really depends on the person. I use complexes every now and then as finishers after my workout. I like them especially after a leg day because thats when they seem to challenge me the most. Personally I would just add them in where you see fit, I can’t say that I’ve ever cut back on my regular training days to work these in, there just a way of kicking my own ass at the end.

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
The best training to get shredded is learning how to cook.[/quote]

So much this