The Best Sad Movies

I mean the kind that really, really kill ya.

Gimme yer best.

Gladiator. The ending chokes me up where he sees his family and his home.

You know you is a nerd when Star Trek 2 pops up on a list like this. Spock dying = sad shit. “I will be, and always shall be…your friend.”

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
I mean the kind that really, really kill ya.

Gimme yer best.[/quote]

Wait, what’s yours?

The only one I can think of right this second, is “AI”.

Had no expectations for that movie, and the ending made a a mess.

Plus, it has a great MINISTRY song “What About Us”.

Anyone see Bridge to Terabithia? Yeah, it’s a kid’s movie…but I got really sucked in by the relationship of the boy and girl. I was absolutely floored when the boy came back from the museum with his teacher. I usually try and do the dude thing, and choke back any emotions during a movie, but good gosh, I was crying like a baby.

I’m biased because I’m a pussy when it comes to movies, but…

Fox and the Hound
Friday Night Lights (I have no idea why)

On a side note, the episode of Futurama that has Fry finding his old fossilized dog practically made me weep after I saw it.

Mine? Hmm.

I Am Sam
Reign Over Me
Punch Drunk Love
Awakenings
Boys Don’t Cry
Mask (not THE Mask, but the one with Cher and Sam Elliot/Eric Stoltz)

I actually haven’t seen AI.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
Mine? Hmm.

I Am Sam
Reign Over Me
Punch Drunk Love
Awakenings
Boys Don’t Cry
Mask (not THE Mask, but the one with Cher and Sam Elliot/Eric Stoltz)

I actually haven’t seen AI.[/quote]

All good movies in my opinion.

Punch Drunk Love kind of surprised me. I didn’t think it was going to be that good.

[quote]5.0 wrote:
Anyone see Bridge to Terabithia? Yeah, it’s a kid’s movie…but I got really sucked in by the relationship of the boy and girl. I was absolutely floored when the boy came back from the museum with his teacher. I usually try and do the dude thing, and choke back any emotions during a movie, but good gosh, I was crying like a baby.[/quote]

I’m totally with you on this. That movie was really sad. Plus, the little sister of the main character looked a lot like my younger sister did at the same age, so when he gets mad at her at the end and pushes her, I lost it.

Other movies that made me cry:

Man on Fire
The Green Mile
E.T.
Close Encounters

If I can think of any others later, I’ll edit the list.

While not a movie, that episode in Heroes when Mr. Bennet makes the Haitian shoot him and wipe his memory so they wouldn’t find Claire mad me cry.

I second the Futurama - Fossil Dog episode.

In fact . . .

http://www.minibite.com/america/iwillwait.htm

[quote]SSC wrote:

Fox and the Hound

On a side note, the episode of Futurama that has Fry finding his old fossilized dog practically made me weep after I saw it.[/quote]

The Futurama episode where he thinks his brother stole his name and accomplishments by using his clover, but he finds out it was his nephew. That one really got to me. I am close to crying every time I see that.

Second on Gladiator.

Click also got me.

The Patriot was pretty sad too.

I thought Million Dollar Baby was very sad.

Finding Neverland got to me.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
5.0 wrote:
Anyone see Bridge to Terabithia? Yeah, it’s a kid’s movie…but I got really sucked in by the relationship of the boy and girl. I was absolutely floored when the boy came back from the museum with his teacher. I usually try and do the dude thing, and choke back any emotions during a movie, but good gosh, I was crying like a baby.

I’m totally with you on this. That movie was really sad. Plus, the little sister of the main character looked a lot like my younger sister did at the same age, so when he gets mad at her at the end and pushes her, I lost it.

Other movies that made me cry:

Man on Fire
The Green Mile
E.T.
Close Encounters

If I can think of any others later, I’ll edit the list.

While not a movie, that episode in Heroes when Mr. Bennet makes the Haitian shoot him and wipe his memory so they wouldn’t find Claire mad me cry.[/quote]

I’m thankful I’m not the only one! The other movies are good mentions as well.

I only saw Bridge this past weekend. After watching that, and shortly thereafter seeing ovalpline’s thread in T-Cell about his GF’s sister, well, I went to bed feeling like I’d lost a family member.

Sad movies don’t do anything for me.

When Bubba died in Forrest Gump. Glory when the black regiment is going out to assault the fort. Gunga Din when Din climbs to the top of the temple and blows his bugle to warn the regiment that they’re walking into a trap.

[quote]SSC wrote:

Fox and the Hound

On a side note, the episode of Futurama that has Fry finding his old fossilized dog practically made me weep after I saw it.[/quote]

wow totally agree. hey im not alone afterall

Futurama - The dog episode and the one with Fry’s brother.

Kills me. :frowning:

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
You know you is a nerd when Star Trek 2 pops up on a list like this. Spock dying = sad shit. “I will be, and always shall be…your friend.”
[/quote]

Oh yeah, how could I forget that one.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
I thought Million Dollar Baby was very sad. [/quote]

Good call. Great movie. I think the true story genre generally moves me the most. Pursuit of Happyness was definately one, when at the end he got told he got the job, but if only anyone knew what he went through to get to that point. Fuck I love Will Smith.

I don’t know why, but at the end of the last Lord of the Rings movie when they are leaving on the boat and all saying goodbye, or when they announce Aaragon as king, and he goes over to the hobbits and they bow and he is like “no, no one bows to you” and the thousands of people all bow down to them. Maybe because after spending almost 10 hours watching a movie you get attached.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
Futurama - The dog episode and the one with Fry’s brother.

Kills me. :([/quote]

x2

My Life

Edit: The Michael Keaton movie. Not my actual life.