The Best Protein Food in Your Grocery Store

I know! I just recently read a study on that. I’ll need to see a few more that duplicate its findings before I start rethinking my opinions or worrying about it.

I’ve always went with the premise that if it comes from an animal then how the hell can it be unhealthy?

Who knows if I’m right however. Ask me when I’m dead

It reminded me of the kung fu flick Invincible Shaolin, where the guy did fingertip pushups with eggs under his palms, and had to eat eggs everytime he broke them, but got yoked up (pun intended).

It might be different in your town but some relatives of mine in MN said when the neighbor got chickens, they had to have all of their neighbors (not sure what this means, maybe just if your backyards connect?) sign off on something before they were able to (legally) keep chickens on their property.

So having an unfriendly neighbor might make it harder to do. I’ve thought about getting some before but I know if I had to ask my neighbors, one of them would say no just out of spite, haha.

1 Like

Well, dang. I appreciate the info, though. It gives me something extra to double check beforehand.

My neighbor would definitely say no, as well. Haha

1 Like

Eggs are no doubt a power-house of nutrients because they are a complete cell.
My understanding (from Pharmacist Ben, for one) is that eggs absorb best when the yolk is raw, or at least runny, and the whites are slightly cooked. Ideally, you would put a raw yolk in your protein drink, and slightly cook whites at low temp. But… I know Salmonella is a concern with unwashed, under-cooked or raw eggs. There is now way to tell if egg is contaminated, and it can be on outside or inside. It is a definite dilemma; cooked hard or risk a truly serious potential illness.
The logic seems, to me, that any food that is pasteurized / cooked to the 165 degree safe temp is killing as many good things as bad. I am a true newbie to this learning, so any kind comments or directions to solid sources are appreciated!
And of course, pasture raised chickens that actually eat bugs instead of mostly soy are the obvious option.

Backyard Chickens is a great source if you are considering growing your own eggs. It is definitely fun to have chickens running around. Roosters, not so much. Of course, many of you cant raise them in your neighborhood or building. But if a few more people can, it is an awesome way to help control quality in your food. And they are fun to share with others who appreciate it.
But it is like any pet, you have to lock 'em safe at night, keep them in yard, and respectfully keep any roosters from being noisy. (Good luck with that one)

maybe giving them some of the fresh eggs will help the getting along.

1 Like

My favorite study on eggs used pigs and fed them nothing but eggs. The eggs did not cause the pigs any health problems, but the guys running the study (I talked with one face to face) discovered that pigs like eggs so much they will cry over delays in being fed.

As soon as I learned the yokes have phospholipids I just started eating whole eggs at will. I didn’t need the USDA to notice the logical fallacies they were committing. (lol) I eat 6-12 eggs daily.

There are solutions for this. My wife has SIBO. Natural remedies to destroy that bad bacteria in the gut that causes this and replinish the good that fights it off.

There are sibo forum boards. guides. youtube… you can fix this. it takes quite a bit of work, but you need to get out there and start documenting the solutions and give it a go. its easy to get rid of, but harder to keep away. high recurrence if one doenst know what they are doing.

I would avoid anti biotics, and only use natural antibiotics/supplments and etc.

I got my wife a Dr, but Hes expensive, but its worth it since shes dealt wth this for 15 years. If she eats anything at all she gets stomach pain due to the constant gas being produced by sibo.

1 Like

Cheers dude. Having a particularly miserable morning with it and it’s always great to hear success peoples stories that may be similar but with potential good endings.

I won’t give up on it. It’s been over a decade of pain and other symptoms but I’m still here, and I’ll continue to fight.

How are your wifes symptoms since seeing the doctor? I always think about paying for a more open-minded one but there’s the small issue of cost of living in the UK right now.

1 Like

Getting better.

It’s fixable bro. Go to YouTube and type inf “fix my sibo” and start looking for guides on how others have done it. There are many.

First step is to figure out what kind you have. Then diet and supplements + natural antibiotics.

She has had this for 15 years herself. Trust me, I feel your pain and cannot imagine this shit.

Go do your research buddy. I’ll keep an eye here and help if you can’t find the videos.

Also go join the divorce forums.

Let’s hope uK doesn’t stay inflationary too long bro. It’s quite shocking what’s happening right now. This is gonna last a bit of time. But it should revert and relax.

1 Like