The Best Pre-Workout is Hatred

5/23/23 - Jordan Peters PPLA Push 1

Tattoo is healed up enough, so I’m back. Went maintenance mode last week… it was nice; worked some stuff out with the wife, leveled up a bit, had some good food, about to kill off a credit card… life is good.

Scale went up like 8lbs but I look more lean, because that makes sense. Probably going to start using diet breaks more regularly - I need to start working my TDEE up.

Anyone into watches? Just got this beauty with credit from work performance awards.

11 Likes

5/24/23 - Jordan Peters PPLA Pull 1

Woke up late and angry.

*Warning: some weights were harmed in the making of these gains*

Probably skipping legs. My knees really aren’t feeling too hot after the Hack Squat incident. It seems 8 plate Leg Press did them no favors either.

Class tonight, won’t be home until late so don’t wait up.

7 Likes

Had fun on our Death Valley trip over the weekend, will have to upload pictures. Didn’t do much hiking as the wife is still recovering from her stem cell treatment and kiddo has little fracture in her Tibia (a chip smaller than a quarter of a penny). That and it was 136 fucking degrees there.

We found out that the little one was selected for a spot on an elite gymnastics team. She doesnt know yet, but they’re going to surprise her with a visit to the house so she’s going to lose her mind.

5/30/23 - Jordan Peters PPLA Arms 1

Diet was trash all weekend (maintenance or deficit, just not enough protein). Somehow i look more lean and vascular… not going to question it and just be thankful for the gainz.

• Removed DB OHP because my shoulders just aren’t having it on these ‘bro’ days.
  • Forearms are so pumped that I struggled to type this into my phone.

Oh and song of the day

8 Likes

Gosh life has been busy.

Not getting enough sleep, waking up exhausted, slamming through school, doubling up on weekend overtime and pushing self-improvement at every moment. I’m beat.

Currently reading No More Mr. Nice Guy @BrickHead and plan to set aside 30-60 minutes daily for non-fiction reading. I want this to be an everyday habit I hold for life.

I’ve been getting calories back up again. I think I actually ate in a surplus yesterday! Scale is still chilling at 210 despite eating literally 1k calories daily more than I was 2 weeks ago. Because that makes sense.
I will return to the cut at some point, but my head isn’t in it right now. I’ll call it ~12%BF but still enough to be catching looks left and right.

Knees are frumpy and need time to recover. Will be running Push Pull Arms (ultimate bro style) until my knees stop feeling like shit doing normie activities.

Been getting in lots of cardio. Need to get back into the gym though. 2x a week isn’t enough.

Oh, and my daughter officially made it into an elite gymnastics team and was surprised at the house yesterday with a custom gym bag toting balloons and embroidered name.

Everything in life is actually going phenomenal, I just need to get in the gym more :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Good updates! I just ordered another copy of the book shortly after I read it. I read it so long ago and don’t know what happened to it ever since I moved years ago. It is a short read and I want to do another.

1 Like

6/5/23 - Jordan Peters PPLA Push 2

• Sub Machine OHP for DB OHP.
6 Likes

5/6/23 - Jordan Peters PPLA Pull 2

• Great lifting session.

Got hit on by another gay dude today. Happy pride month i guess :rainbow_flag:

Come to think of it, I’m holding a 2:1 dude to chick overt pick up attempt ratio… might need to reconsider my lifting attire :grimacing:
Gonna let the wife know she better shape up because i got options now :joy:

10 Likes

Andrewgay

1 Like

Meant to post this yesterday.

6/9/23 - Jordan Peters PPLA Gap 2

• Reverse Hypers
    – 15x50
    – 15x50

So I moved calories up from ~1700/day to 3000-3500cals daily. The scale stayed the same. Exactly the same :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Then I looked in the mirror and saw even more ab definition, because that makes even more sense. Dieting is dumb.

Good news is I can see Brachialis separation now, so I guess I can’t be that mad.

11 Likes

6/14/23 - Jordan Peters PPLA Push 1

Just sanity checked my food intake and I’m only at ~2800 calories… maybe I’m at a point where i can just eat intuitively. Fats are a little high, need to lower fats and raise carbs. Protein is fine but wouldn’t hurt to bump up a bit more.
P: 212g
C: 286g
F: 89g

Was lifting angry this morning. Weights reflected this well.

8 Likes

Andrew, how’s are your other personal endeavors going? The one about becoming a better man.

You’re doing an awesome job with your training.

1 Like

I’m liking who I am more by the day. This won’t be a quick process, and it’s not without aches and pains, but this was overdue. Had I known these things and made these changes at a younger age, there would be less trouble now.

As a man, I am responsible for the success of my family; both as a whole and on an individual family member level. That does not mean that the woman bears no responsibility here, but that the man (me) owns the responsibility of steering the ship that is our family. I landed in this role by default for far too long, and didn’t own it the way a man should.

Many married men find themselves in this position, and both the husbands and wives in these marriages are unhappy because of it. Most often, when the man isn’t being the captain, the wife takes over and builds resentment over it. She married me because she wants me to lead. There are too many stories of 15-20 year “happy wife = happy life” marriages (where the man is content) getting blown up because the wife is bored and just fell out of love. You know what they have in common? The man let her wear the proverbial pants in the relationship, and she harbored contempt while he was content.

I recognized this as an issue a couple months back and couldn’t ignore it. I now own that responsibility in entirety and I captain our ship both deliberately and intentionally. I told my wife what I was going to do, and she was a bit nervous about the change at first (who wouldn’t be? It’s a power dynamic shift). Fast forward 2 months: late night cardio has tripled in frequency, we’re both making progress in the ways we want to see in each other, and she told me she’s never felt so in love with me as she does right now.

To answer your question more directly:
They’re going great.

Thanks, I’ve actually been so preoccupied with educating myself on being a better man, husband, and father - that training has slacked a bit. Nothing major, still making progress, but my head isn’t as in it as it was before I went on this growth ‘journey’. Will have to learn how to balance this as this road doesn’t end.

Tagging @BrickHead as he and I discuss these things on the side.

10 Likes

This is awesome, and I’m happy for you!

Thanks for the tag and your time and input!

2 Likes

I just want to add, that I obviously relate to this, and although I’ve found correcting things about myself sometimes frustrating, I now understand the causes of them. The blessing in this is that I believe I will give my children the proper life skills and insight that I might not have accrued if I experienced life differently.

Addendum: I’m now rereading No More Mr. Nice Guy, about fourteen years after I first read it, and it is hitting home with me even more than the first read. Surprisingly I followed through on much of what Dr. Glover wrote about since then and his writings are giving me another kick in the ass so to speak!

1 Like

These few lines are truly inspiring.

2 Likes

I think in many cases the husband was no longer the best option for her, or at least that is her opinion.

Lots of guys let themselves go. They don’t help with household stuff, they aren’t ambitious, they get stagnant. Not very attractive.

Having your wife believe you are her best option goes a long way as far as a successful relationship IMO.

2 Likes

I agree with this.

I also agree with this.

Most men will stay through thick and thin; sickness and health. Most women will not, and it’s not their fault - it’s their biological wiring. If more men would grasp this concept, the divorce rate would plummet and marital satisfaction would increas dramatically.

It appears you may be a connisiour of r/TRP or r/MRP.

2 Likes

I agree with what you said about “most men”. I think women are actually more loyal than men if circumstances are equal. By that, I mean men with lots of options are more likely to cheat than women (who basically all have options for sex).

I don’t think I’ve been on those sub-reddits. I am guessing TRP is the red pill. IDK what MRP is?

I do think differently about human behavior and women than I did when I was younger. I more so think that women act more like men do than I used to think. That in most cases you can’t win a woman over if she isn’t initially attracted to you (men are similar). That they like us highly value attractiveness. I can’t blame them for behaving like us.

It can be easy to look back and think how differently I’d have operated with my current beliefs. I missed out on a lot of women who were interested in me because I was trying to get out of the friend zone with one I had really strong feelings for (at least at the time she was way out of my league). I couldn’t accept that she wouldn’t ever be interested in me. Didn’t matter how well I treated her, or how much I cared for her. I am not bitter towards her or anything. Just think I used to be pretty dumb, and wish I hadn’t been. The missed opportunities do not matter much. I don’t think I have it in me to be a player anyways. I would feel pretty bad about myself and for the women if I was pumping and dumping (which some of the red pill stuff seems to advocate for). If I ever find myself single, I’ll probably be trying for a lot of sex with different women. I just don’t think I could do it under false pretenses.

3 Likes

I tried for that in the mid to late aughts with online dating sites and succeeded to a degree. Obviously from my posts my view on sexuality drastically changed since then. I also cannot fathom the utter boredom, waste of time, energy, and in some cases money, that men tolerate to do this considering a stranger woman’s company would offer me nothing. I don’t even talk to stranger women unless needed or for common decency (eg, “good morning”, “thank you”) although surprisingly this sometimes winds up with them going further with conversation.

Although I hate prostitution and think it’s should be criminalized, I wonder why such men don’t seek legal prostitution as it’s available if they want to screw many women. If that’s important to a man, he can move to Las Vegas and save time and energy. Do you have input on why men don’t take this route?

Pardon my comment; I’m not sure if it’s OK to derail this thread with this but I commented considering what’s being discussed. Otherwise the dating thread can be resurrected.

3 Likes

I would imagine the only thing worse than relatively meaningless sex, is sex with someone who has no interest in having sex with you.

2 Likes