The Best Pre-Workout is Hatred

11/28/22 - rest (do i even call it this anymore?)
Weight: 214.7lb
I think I need a deload. Too much life stress and too behind on school. Will see how i feel tomorrow.

Food
Cal: 2019
P: 180g
C: 163g
F: 78g

4 Likes

Found your log again.

Been there buddy. Been there. Done with school the past few years, but the life stress is still there in spades.

1 Like

Rest up buddy always okay to take a break

1 Like

I call it a break, not rest.

I take one full seven-day week and do not train, do not touch a barbell.

Accumulative fatigue is real. We may not suffer the same type of fatigue, real none the less.

5 Likes

11/29/22 - break
Weight: 212.5lb
Food
Cal: 2084
P: 239g
C: 201g
F: 34g

Was super grumpy today, not really sure why. Going to blame built up stress but need to address it.

5 Likes

11/30/22 - break
Weight: 213.4lb
Food
Cal: 1730
P: 198g
C: 148g
F: 31g

My ‘before’ pic is going to look too ‘after’ to have a good before and after at this rate. Not complaining.
Still grumpy, im blaming it on work. I just need a job like the Kardashians and it’ll all be okay… hopefully not Bruce, but beggars can’t be choosers.

Okay I’m going to bed now, I swear.

5 Likes

12/1/22 - Break
Weight: 211.8lb
Food
Cal: 1850 (+ 3 uncounted slices of pizza)
P: 123g
C: 134g
F: 91g

Went off diet today, just got home about 20 mins ago so couldn’t eat meal prep. Playing it conservatively and calling today a wash on calories.

Waking up in like 4 hours so night night.

4 Likes

12/2/22 - Break
Weight: 211.6lb
Didn’t log food - had work stuff going on and went off diet trying to meet a deadline. It’s an excuse, but a good one at least.

12/3/22 - Break
Weight: 211.8lb
Cal: 1775
P: 184g
C: 214g
F: 16g

12/4/22 - Break
Weight: 212.7lb
Cal: to be updated
P: to be updated
C: to be updated
F: to be updated

Slept about 4 hours last night after jamming through like 16 hours of SQL just so I could hit overtime today. Money is good, mood is not… should’ve taken the weekend off.

Weight had been dropping so quickly I was concerned I was running into another cheat meal before I was even mentally prepared for one… I’ve been using this as an excuse to go off-diet a tad. I need to commit and get my ass under 210 so I earn that next cheat meal.

5 Likes

12/5/22 - Break
Weight: 218.2lb (apparently?)
Food
Cal: 2600
P: 212g
C: 154g
F: 128g

Had class today, going to bed - planning to get back to the gym tomorrow. It’s overdue.

2 Likes

12/6/22 - Break (accidental)
Weight: 211.6lb
Food
Cal: 2227
P: 211g
C: 45g
F: 136g

Had planned to train after work but forgot my gym bag and kind of got covered in chemicals at work… faulty bag. Anyways, no one’s hurt and i had a great opportunity to go flexing on the medical staff as i washed up shirtless. Poor ladies weren’t ready for all that, bless their hearts.

Ready to get bag to lifting today. NOT ready for 20-rep squats, but if i die - i die.

7 Likes

Okay i feel behind. Id give an excuse, but that would quite literally be an excuse.

Diet was on point yesterday minus the half serving of protein pasta and meat-lovers sauce my wife made… hardly ‘off diet’ but probably 200cals over goal, no big deal.
12/7/22 - Break (unintentional)
Weight: 211.4lb

12/8/22 - Upper Body Day with No Plan
Weight: 213.6lb
Recovery: 43% (5h 2m slept)

BB Bench (3s neg)
135x20
135x15
135x10
Plate Flyes (1s iso stretch)
25x10

Yates Row (1s Iso)
135x10
135x10
135x10
Rear Delt Flyes (1s iso)
30x10

DB Shoulder Press (3s neg)
45x15
45x10
45x8

Seated DB Shrugs (3s iso)
45x10
45x10
45x10

CG Lat Pulldown (1s iso)
100x10
100x10
100x10
WG Lat Pulldown (3s neg)
80x10

OH Triceps Ext (80% ROM)
50x15
50x15
50x15

A)EZ Cheat Curl (3s neg) SS
60x12
60x8
60x8
B)DB Supenation Curl SS
35x8
35x6
35x6

+10mins tanning (hyperbed)

• Didn’t follow a real plan because i needed to reacquaint myself with the iron. Was going to do full body but i went too hard on upper body.
  • Glad in got a session in, feeling urterly exhausted though.

Food
Cal: 2224
P: 247g
C: 165g
F: 57g

6 Likes

Was going to lift today, ended up working a 14-hour shift in an attempt at wrangling a promotion out of certain individuals who appreciate the ‘all in’ approach.

Tired, hungry, ready to train. Strongly considering running Jordan Peters Full Body as recommended by @throwawayfitness. We’ll see what shakes lose.

Went off diet over the weekend, helped me feel normal again… getting back to the grindstone because fuck normal and fuck being comfortable.

4 Likes

What do you have to lose?

3x per week for a month, like it keep going, don’t, go back to what you were doing.

1 Like

Good luck! I hope you get it.

2 Likes

Good job!

2 Likes

12/13/22 - DoggCrapp B1

Weight: 213.1lb
Recovery: 64% (8h 41m slept)

+Various Trap work.
+All exercises had backdown sets at ~50% max weight, 8-10 reps with intensification.

• Squats felt like shit, was going to hit 20 reps until i nearly failed on potentiate rep 4, when i hit 5 reps last time. Probably the right call.

When i was leaving the gym i saw a couple in their 60s going hard in an argument… i couldn’t imagine living my whole life like that.

Food
Cal: 1548
P: 212g
C: 84g
F: 33g

3 Likes

What does the “Recovery” number above the screen shot mean? Where does it come from?

I hope you don’t mind me butting into your log–if so, feel free to call me names and ridicule my workouts.

2 Likes

Well, I bought a bed that is unreasonably expensive… really only wanted it to help me stop sweating through my sheets during the summer (because it’s water cooled), but it also has sensors which make a composite sleep score. It gauges time to fall asleep, resting heart rate, heart rate variability, tossing and turning, sleep cycles, etc. It correlates decently well with my performance in the gym too.

Anyways, it makes that composite sleep score number and lets me know if I slept like shit the night before (which is commonplace for me), but it also shows that my sleep is consistently better when kept around 6 hours vs 8… This aligns with my beliefs on my sleeping habits as well.

No problems with you chiming in at all - ask/critique away!

4 Likes

Sweet Jesus.

Thanks for the reply, man.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, the Tap Test is a Christian Thibaudeau approved recovery method. I like using https://clickcounter.io/ for this because sometimes it’s hard to tell how many dots you left on the sheet of paper. Clicking the mouse is effectively the same thing.

Doesn’t tell you anything about your sleep, but can be used to gauge recovery. Less taps/min(or 10seconds) = more CNS fatigue.
^Could also use vertical jump height or grip strength, but both have drawbacks that the Tap Test doesn’t.

P.S. I used to have a watch that was supposed to do the same thing, but I hated wearing it so I couldn’t keep up with it. They work okay, but are still subjective compared to something like the Tap Test… plus tapping is free =)