T Nation

The Best Posing Music

Usually when I watch posing routines they get pretty boring, just because the music is either rap or some slow stuff that just does nothing but make you doze off.

I thought Desmond Miller did a great job with his music choice at the Ironman, I’ve watched the video several times, I just love this instrumental.

He poses to the transformers soundtrack-Arrival to Earth. It’s a good vid but Bob and the other dude talk so damn much in the background its hard to hear it.

Posing Routine:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBFFSB5hxK0
Full Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H0JDomv8ac&fmt=18

You have to fast forward to like 1 minute on the posing routine to hear the music.

Dude, you are right on!

I coached Desmond at the Ironman and Arnold.

But he gets all the credit for choosing the music - which was perfect (esp for his physique). When we got to LA he had how he wanted to start then I (of course with his input) designed the rest of the routine. So it’s nice to hear you liked it.

And check this out… Desmond learned his routine after only doing it about 5 times! And to top it off, he learned to do about 5 new poses. I’d show him a pose and he’d immediately hit it great.

BTW, watch his performance at the Arnold, it’s actually a little better (because he hadn’t learned it just 24 hours prior). But even in the Ironman routine, you’d never know he just learned the routine and many of the poses.

Best,

Dr Clay

www.DrClay.com

This one is kind of long but would make for a good posing routine song IMO. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBszRs0zZlc&NR=1

requiem for a dream

or

anything by cascada

How about “I Touch Myself” by the Divinyls?

I would love to design a routine with some Metallica or Pantera music. My coach hit some poses some months ago with “Sad But True”, which I think was reaaaaally cool.

[quote]DrClay wrote:
Dude, you are right on!

But he gets all the credit for choosing the music - which was perfect (esp for his physique). When we got to LA he had how he wanted to start then I (of course with his input) designed the rest of the routine. So it’s nice to hear you liked it.

And check this out… Desmond learned his routine after only doing it about 5 times! And to top it off, he learned to do about 5 new poses. I’d show him a pose and he’d immediately hit it great.

BTW, watch his performance at the Arnold, it’s actually a little better (because he hadn’t learned it just 24 hours prior). But even in the Ironman routine, you’d never know he just learned the routine and many of the poses.

Best,

Dr Clay

www.DrClay.com[/quote]

That’s awesome that you coached him, he looked great, glad to hear from you.

I’ll check out the Arnold one.

[quote]artw wrote:
How about “I Touch Myself” by the Divinyls?[/quote]

LOL. That would be great.

I’ve always wondered what I’d want if I stepped up on a stage… I’d probably do something really gay. Like Karma Chameleon, Take on Me, or something in that fashion.

Just to throw people off…

[quote]SSC wrote:
artw wrote:
How about “I Touch Myself” by the Divinyls?

LOL. That would be great.

I’ve always wondered what I’d want if I stepped up on a stage… I’d probably do something really gay. Like Karma Chameleon, Take on Me, or something in that fashion.

Just to throw people off…[/quote]

[quote]DrClay wrote:
Dude, you are right on!

Best,

Dr Clay

www.DrClay.com[/quote]

Dr. Clay your the man I like your articles they are good reads keep em coming!

Benny Benassi’s “I love my sex” would be tough to top.

Dance music, house music, something with a fucking beat.

Put your hands up for Detroit!!!

[quote]Turbo Mysterio wrote:
Benny Benassi’s “I love my sex” would be tough to top. [/quote]

LOL!

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:

Put your hands up for Detroit!!! [/quote]

Check this shit bro:

Warren posed to “American Badass” a while back so you could probably get away with some rock if you have the body, which you do Waylandah! Just make sure you throw in some pop’ and lockin’ followed by the robot and finished off with some Toney Freeman Chipendales “fuck the imaginary woman” hip thrusts. Cheers

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
Turbo Mysterio wrote:

LOL!

austin_bicep wrote:

Check this shit bro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiVxAEPZh7E [/quote]

Que MEYMZ? Youre not down with Benassi? “And I love my sex” and BAAAIM! you hit a most muscular!

I think Returns a king is the ultimate badass I listen to this at the gym regularly.I dont know how long a posing routine needs to be and this might be too short but cool none the less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVVHTBAA-VU

If this doesnt work then walk like an egyptian should suffice.

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
Turbo Mysterio wrote:

LOL!

austin_bicep wrote:

Check this shit bro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiVxAEPZh7E [/quote]

Thats fantastic

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
MEYMZ wrote:
Turbo Mysterio wrote:

LOL!

austin_bicep wrote:

Check this shit bro:

Que MEYMZ? Youre not down with Benassi? “And I love my sex” and BAAAIM! you hit a most muscular! [/quote]Or you start hitting some chippendale moves again.

Jajaja si wey estoy tablas con Benny, pero se me hizo cagado.

Rage, Metallica, Tool, I like the rock shit. Hip-hop makes me feel uncomfortable considering the posing is more like fuck-dancing lol. Slow ass R&B jams really get the crowd about as excited as going to a grass-growing convention. IDK, some really hard rock is really the only thing that gets the entire crowd into it, gets us all pumped, and shit, I mean it has to make the poser’s heart pump a bit more, gets more excited.