T Nation

The Best Natural PB!

Ive been eating it too (skippy)…it says no trans fat on the bottle, but from what Im reading, palm oil is trans fat correct? Fuking bastards!

[quote]raymond333 wrote:
Ive been eating it too (skippy)…it says no trans fat on the bottle, but from what Im reading, palm oil is trans fat correct? Fuking bastards![/quote]

That’s seems to be the case.

I just bought some “Power PB” natural peanut butter. I like it more than other brands. Mainly because it has flax seeds in it.

Peanuts other nuts foodprocessor on button. even add some stevia or splenda if you want and a dash of salt.

Homemade no additives what ever consistancy you want.

Cheaper.

MMMM MMMM Good.

Powerbutter is the bee’s knees, man. The bomb-diggity. The daddy-rabbit. The mac daddy AND the daddy mac, etc. :slight_smile:

Bee’s knees? WTF?

Anyway, Smart Balance I think it’s called, is pretty good. It’s natural peanut butter with added omegas from flaxseed and only slightly more expensive than regular natural peanut butter.

palm oil does not have any trans fat… That’s one of the reasons for it’s popularity with manufacturers of health food targeted products… it gives them shelf life but not by being a trans fat. It has a bit more saturated fats than some other oils.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
americangirl wrote:
Hatebreeder wrote:
Check the label, it’s got sugar in it.

and palm oil…sorry to be a buzz kill.

But damn it so do Grow! bars!!! OK, I just totally flipped out.
[/quote]

I know!! And I have a weakness for those things!!

The only reason the protein is off on PowerButter is because protein is the only thing different from regular peanut butter. Basically it’s like $15 for a jar of regular PB, according to label claims testing.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Peanuts other nuts foodprocessor on button. even add some stevia or splenda if you want and a dash of salt.

Homemade no additives what ever consistancy you want.

Cheaper.

MMMM MMMM Good.

[/quote]

what phill said.

how are they gonna call it “all-natural” then put palm oil in it

[quote]ZachDelDesert wrote:
how are they gonna call it “all-natural” then put palm oil in it[/quote]

LOL because Palm is natural. Hell they could put a big old horse terd in it and call it “natural” as long as the tedr was from Nature and not man made. There are plenty of Natural things that arent good for us.

Kind of like Whole Wheat bread. They use the Whole peice of wheat. Sure its been processed ground to alls hell and back, bombarded by chemicals. But in the ends they Still use the Whole thing.

Just a play on words.

[quote]matticus wrote:
palm oil does not have any trans fat… That’s one of the reasons for it’s popularity with manufacturers of health food targeted products… it gives them shelf life but not by being a trans fat. It has a bit more saturated fats than some other oils. [/quote]

Ok, so now Im confused…does palm oil contain trans fat or not? I only eat 1 tablespoon of PB at night with my shake anyways, so I dont eat alot…but if it really has trans fat, Im gonna change.

Palm Oil: The Number 1 Dietary Oil for the Rest of the World

Although scarcely used in the US, palm oil is the most heavily consumed dietary oil in the world after soybean oil. If one were to exclude the US where most of the world’s soybean oil is consumed, palm oil would be the most popular dietary oil in the world. Palm oil traditionally has been used for baking, shortenings, margarines and deep fat frying, as it is shelf stable with a high melting point and does NOT require hydrogenation. Therefore, it contains no trans fatty acids.

i remember like 20 years ago i was obsessed w/ goldfish crackers which were made w/ palm oil. then they took the palm oil out and they were never the same -to a 9 yr old anyway. shortly after that they dropped the sinister looking guy w/ the time bomb who said “times running out have you tried goldfish?”

then they dropped that one fish at the top of the school who was going the other way with an evil/defiant eyebrow and soon after the fish got all smiley and started wearing sunglasses and acting like retards. viva la palm!

NO Palm Oil in its NATURTAL state Wont be a Trans fat. None of them will until the are TRANS-formed by human means. Bombardede by hydrogen, heat,etc to amek the ever so popualr and shelf life lasting CRAP they so like to shove down our awaiting gullets.

Now the best source. I will just say Im not out looking to up my pal intake. I avoid it largely. Just better sources out there but a little wont kill you.

As for inclusion in PB Nope My PB better just be that PB peanuts and maybe some salt. I actually prefer a mix of Peanuts almonds and Walnuts.

Hope that helps,

Phill

I love power butter but I heard ingredients were suspect, not matching label claims