T Nation

The Best Movie You've Never Seen

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
Acogida wrote:
Great fucking movie.

I’ll had “The Power of One” to the list… another great one that most people haven’t heard of.

Did that take place in Australia? I saw that and it was really good - but I read the book several years earlier and it was great.
[/quote]

I could be mistaken, but I believe it was South Africa. I remember watching it in a history class way back in the day (7th or 8th grade).

Thanks for pointing out that it was based on a book. That was news to me… I’ll have to pick that one up this weekend

[quote]lazyaxus11 wrote:
Boondock Saints and Equilirbium if you havent seen either of those they are great. Especially Boondock Saints… one of my all-time favorites.[/quote]

Boondock Saints is an all time great movie, i love it. Not many have seen it but everyone who does wants to buy it.

Joe’s Apartment

O.K., so I’ve got a soft spot for talking cockroaches…

But funny as hell.

“Things to do in Denver when your dead”

Street Trash. These crazy bums find some old booze that makes em dissolve like it was industrial acid or something.

It has a lot of base ( my kind of ) humor,
and it was made by troma studios so its gotta be good.

Also… Cannibal the Musical! Made by the same people that make South Parker , Trey and Matt…its basically about a real-life cannibal they convicted but didnt hang in the 1800’s…he eats a few people then they dance and sing about it. Classic!

[quote]Jillybop wrote:
Acogida wrote:
Great fucking movie.

I’ll had “The Power of One” to the list… another great one that most people haven’t heard of.

Did that take place in Australia? I saw that and it was really good - but I read the book several years earlier and it was great.
[/quote]

South Africa. Great book too.

I agree with Shaun of the Dead. Slim Suzy is surprisingly good for a foreign B-grade comedy. Jenny McCarthy’s Dirty Love got terrible reviews but I thought it was hilarious in a disgusting kind of way. (“Touch my bass! Touch it!”) And I’m sure everybody’s seen Kung Fu Hustle.

Just my 2 cents.

City of God

memento, mulholland dr., requiem for a dream, chopper

memento, mulholland dr., requiem for a dream, chopper

Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal

Anime but astounding nevertheless

Clockwork Orange, by Kubrick

“A History of Violence”

DD

The Thin Red Line

Rope

American History x

romper stomper

near dark

the wild bunch

Wolf Creek. Set in outback Australia. Does wonders for tourism im sure.

[quote]keysersozae wrote:
Jillybop wrote:
Acogida wrote:
Great fucking movie.

South Africa. Great book too.[/quote]

Doh! That’s right… It’s been a while since I saw it.

“The Burbs” with Tom Hanks and Bruce Dern. It didn’t do well at the theaters but I find it hilarious.

“Chopper” with Eric Bana. Act like you know.

Here are some truly obscure ones:

Curdled (1996)

Orphans (the 1987 one with Albert Finney)

Lawn Dogs