"The Best Men Can Be" Gillette Commercial

Huh???

Can we all just agree to boycott Gillette?

I will be sure to not buy a gillette shaving product again.

2 Likes

Lot of Stoic themes in that post particular as it relates to the Classic Virtues:

Temperance/Moderation, Courage/Fortitude, Justice/Morality, Prudence/Practical Wisdom

2 Likes

I haven’t bought Gillette in 10 years myself. Dollar shave club is way cheaper.

This was a pretty funny take on it.

2 Likes

Very interesting. I just reached out to a guy this past weekend, wherein he and I both closely resemble parts of that writing, at different times and places in life.

He’s at a low point and about to start really losing some very important things. I’m really hoping at some point he reaches back, because I’d guess that if he doesn’t he has about a year, maybe two left.

2 Likes

BLM is into a bunch of far-left stuff. See this on the BLM Toronto page:

“Canada must immediately open the Canada-USA border. This includes revocation of the Safe Third Country Agreement which bars most refugee claimants entering from the United States over land to claim asylum in Canada. The Designated Country of Origin list, which makes it almost impossible for US citizens and citizens of forty other countries to claim asylum in Canada, must be eliminated.”

1 Like

I don’t see Nike anywhere in that statement.

I agree.

I agree.

You are attributing the actions of a few to the entire BLM, which as I understand it was simply an effort to raise awareness that black people were dying in greater numbers than whites, which is true and verifiable. People who riot are people who riot, whereas people who ask that police not make terrifying assumptions about their precious children due to their skin tone are people who seek positive change for good reason. Movements always contain zealots and lunatics because zealots and lunatics are drawn to movements, where they believe they can behave poorly and it be excused as “for the cause.”

You obviously weren’t following the discussion previous to that comment

Maybe so, but I also haven’t seen any statements from BLM condemning those actions. And what about them making this into a black vs. white thing? Is that somehow positive?

1 Like

Kap was trying to bring awareness to police brutality against minorities. Nike backed him up. Now you’re saying they represent communism. I don’t see how you can go from one to the other.

I’m not arguing either way (it’s been done to death in PWI), but Harvard found there was no racial disparity in the use of lethal force.

lol! love it.

yea man, get yourself a nice safety razor, and blades for it are dirt cheap. the razor will last for life, and you’ll get a closer, more comfortable shave with it once you’ve had some practice. I’d never go back.

Years ago I upgraded the whole shave experience. got a quality shave brush, shaving cream, oils, moisturizer, etc. the upfront cost is there, but you’ll actually get to enjoy shaving, it feels great, smells great, and over time you definitely save some cash.

1 Like

Don’t you think that movements have the responsibility of denouncing the actions of people whom are part of the movement and are acting badly? It’s not the same as individuals who share the same race or gender.

What did you get? I fucking hate shaving.

mostly stuff from the art of shaving store. That was a good way to ‘get into it’. You can get the razor there or do some reading and buy through amazon (or wherever on the internet). quality men’s grooming products are a much bigger deal now than when I got that stuff. so there are plenty of options out there.

this is essentially what i started with. I like the lavender scent and the sandalwood. i’d get a decent brush, not the absolute cheapest available, but I probably wouldn’t spend 100 bucks either. something in the mid-range is pretty good. I use all the products in that link. you apply the oil first to prep the skin and coat it/moisturize it, then apply the shaving cream with the brush and some water (watch a video, it’s a little different from an aerosol or gel can), and then the after-shave balm + cold water at the end to wrap things up.

It legitimately makes shaving an enjoyable experience.

2 Likes

I might have to give that a shot.

First of all, I was joking when I said that wearing Nike products makes you look like a communist sympathizer, but at the same time they are backing an organization that promotes far-left ideas. How about this from the US BLM site:

“We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.”

Wife was just asking me about birthday stuff (in May!) which is about when my current supplies will run out.

Thanks. Now I have something to tell her.