T Nation

The Best Eva!

Phil Baroni makes his 170 debut for cage rage this saturday. Im hoping for a big Dave menne style ko from the nyba because if he loses to this guy it really is all over.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=6673&zoneid=13

what a pic, seeing phil that small is weird, he really looks tiny. ripped and strong yeah, but wow so weird seeing him so small, like my brain wanted to think his head was photo shopped onto someone else’s body.

I think it looks pretty natural for him. He doestnt look as bad as say, micheal bisping looked his first fight at 185.

Baroni was shit faced drunk at the UFC last weekend and caused all kinds of havoc. This guy better really suck, because he, as usual, trains terrible.

The guy Baroni is facing (Scott Jansen) has only fought smaller shows; I’ve never seen him fight so I can’t comment on his skills. That being said, if he at least an average boxer and has a decent ground game, all he would need to do is survive until the middle of the 2nd. Thats when Baroni will gas out.

I haven’t searched as to why Baroni dropped weight, but lately the lighter weights seem to have the most talent out there…why drop when you can’t hang where you are?

[quote]Gerg wrote:
The guy Baroni is facing (Scott Jansen) has only fought smaller shows; I’ve never seen him fight so I can’t comment on his skills. That being said, if he at least an average boxer and has a decent ground game, all he would need to do is survive until the middle of the 2nd. Thats when Baroni will gas out.

I haven’t searched as to why Baroni dropped weight, but lately the lighter weights seem to have the most talent out there…why drop when you can’t hang where you are?[/quote]

Because if he gets busted for steroids again he can be suspended for life.

baroni won by ko but i cant find a link for it anywhere. I guess he walked over to see if jansen was ok and someone from his corner headbutted phil.

Baroni beat a Can.

Woo.
Hoo.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I would be more impressed if he didnt aske “who’s next”, like every other fight.

Win against some actual talent, then announce how good you are.

Please retire with some dignity.