The Best Damn Workout Plan For Natural Lifters "Power Look"

CT, how would you set up the routine when going for a power look? Giving a thick 3D look which is an issue I see when it comes to natural lifters.

I think that accentuated the forearms, shoulders, traps, upper back, neck, and glutes would be a good as even a t-shirt/pants cant hide these.

I ask how you would set it up because I do not think that giving the neck or forearms their own day would be a good idea and perhaps certain rep ranges work better for certain muscles.

*Also what are your thoughts on easing up on leg training to give more of a V-taper as opposed to a X-body which can make one look blocky.

I’ve never trained neck in my life. I did have a race car driver and football players train the neck but I can’t say that it is something I often include. You could likely add some neck work on the pull days.

Forearms can be trained whenever arms are trained. Such a small group of muscle will not lead to a much great impact on cortisol or neurological fatigue so I wouldn’t be worried about adding some 2 days a week. Could also have the same effect, plus added fat loss and traps growth by doing heavy farmer walks twice a week at the end of the workouts.

Sounds like trying to justify being a wuss.

You asked about building the power look which is, by definition, blocky.

I personally do not like to reduce leg work for any reason other than “existing injury”. You can do whatever your want though. But from experience not training legs hard and training the upper body hard never ends up that well.

However if you truly want to avoid over developing your legs but still want some development you could replace most of the leg work by heavy farmer’s walk and prowler pushing. Which will keep your lower body looking athletic, will help you lose fat and build the traps and forearms up.

Hello from England.

I’ve been a long time lurker of this site and finally took the plunge and registered just so I can look into this program some more and even better I saw this page, I had to register.

A little info on me.

First off I am a natural lifter, reasons will be explained but I have absolutely no issues with gear, using it and think it has its place in this sport. It’s not a tabo issue in the UK, its NOT illegal to use, just sell.

I can’t use gear because of the strict drug policy at work, I also take high blood pressure meds but if it was any other way, I’d have probably gone a few cycles.

So, I also happen to have a lower lumbar prolapsed disc that gives me daily shiz and pain and my legs are weak as a result, not strength wise, just standing longer than 40 mins I’m in agony.
The last 2 years saw me out of the gym and out if shape. Obviously I need to address this and was looking for a good program for natural trainers and not something tailored for enhansed dudes/gals.
I always thought that a single body part split is really only beneficial for people who destroy their muscles so much that they require a week off between training it again and have the enhancement to help, most natties simply cannot get to that level without being counter productive, please correct me if I’m wrong?

So, with that being said and a little history of myself, I am thinking that when I get back to the gym next Monday at 0430, I’m gonna give this program a bash, see how I go.
Ultimately I need to add mass but also lose the weight I have gained. I guess I’m around 25% @ 105kgs? Don’t quote me, my scales are jacked.

Would you recommend I lose the lard first or go straight in but cut calories and sacrifice some mass for initial fat loss?

Thanks again and I like your straight talking approach, something that’s missing these days.

Sorry, have I hijacked someone’s post? Very sorry. I’ll do my own. Apologies.