The Benefits of High Cholesterol

I know this is preaching to the choir for many of you, but, this guy lays it out really well, I think. Now, pass the butter!

http://www.westonaprice.org/moderndiseases/benefits_cholest.html

[quote]entheogens wrote:
I know this is preaching to the choir for many of you, but, this guy lays it out really well, I think. Now, pass the butter!

http://www.westonaprice.org/moderndiseases/benefits_cholest.html
[/quote]

once again, nice find.

Yeah, interesting stuff.

I sent this to my pharmacist friend after I read it. He replied this morning. What do you guys think?

Egg man

Not sure if this seems like a reputable or highly scientific site there John…i quote “most studies of old people”. Is that a joke? Its not exactly quantitative in either the number of studies the author is talking about, or the age range that the studies were done in. Poor indeed. In fact that’s like something i would have written in my dissertation…and it was shite.

I quote…“This statement seems so incredible that it takes a long time to clear one´s brainwashed mind to fully understand its importance.” Nice psychology here…implying that we are all wrong and we don’t even know it. Its very hard to argue with a statement like that. Its like saying…“i’m right and you’re wrong…oh and by the way don’t even bother arguing with me about it because you’ve been rail-roaded into thinking the wrong thing”. How condescending is he to kindly let us know we’ve been brainwashed?

Dr. Ravnskov is the author of The Cholesterol Myths and chairman of The International Network of Cholesterol Skeptics…hmmm. Doesn’t exactly improve his credibility very much. Regardless of the silly name…it would have been very interesting if you had sent me something from a medical journal John…this article is nearly five years old and nothing about his research has (it seems) appeared in any main stream medical journals or made any impact on cholesterol policy either here or in the US.

I could probably find a “scientific” article on the internet proving that flumps are a leading cause of testicular cancer. Well!!!..they could be. A totally unconvincing article.

P.S…enjoy your eggs…but don’t be coming near me for at least a week ya dirty fecker. Now thats science!

[quote]Badunk wrote:
I sent this to my pharmacist friend after I read it. He replied this morning. What do you guys think?
[/quote]

Yep, that’s the party line. Read on that same website the article, “The Oiling of America”, by Mary Enig. She is a biochemist that has researched fats thoroughly. Anyway, in that article she lays out how the low-fat, low-cholesterol myth got started.

No disrespect to your friend, but his bread-and-butter comes from pills. Now, there is a time and place for drugs, but most pharmacists are going to tow the line of Big Pharma. That’s what they’ve been indoctrinated with and there wouldn’t be a need for so many of them, if people tried to FIRST solve their health issues with nutrition, exercise, herbs and vitamins.

its a pretty funny you post THIS article on here. I’m a swimmer in college and our team had a guest speaker come in to talk about principles of nutrition a week ago… a “registered dietician”. but I asked question of the speaker during the question time based on THIS article!

My favorite was…

me-“So, what exactly about saturated fat makes is unhealthy to eat?”

Speaker- Well the way it sticks in your arteries and heart is bad for them, you know, the plaque build up."

me- “What about the benefits of eating saturated fat for people like us who are exercising around 20 hours per week , swimming, lifting, etc.?”

Speaker- “I don’t advise eating them at all really, just stick to healthy fats like olive oil, canola oil, peanut butter, other nuts.”

me- “Thanks.”(falls over in disbelief)

Some nuggets of “info”-

1. Saturated Fat clogs your arteries, monosaturated fat & polyunsaturates do not.
  2. Cholesterol clogs your arteries & is bad for heart health and overall health.
  3. “Your brain can not function on less that 130g of carbs per day” (direct quote)

but anyway,…,…,…,it’s a great article. quite the coincedence.

1. “Your brain can not function on less that 130g of carbs per day” (direct quote)

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[quote]Badunk wrote:
3. “Your brain can not function on less that 130g of carbs per day” (direct quote)

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/quote]

He must have been bellow that.

[quote]mikepop878 wrote:
[/quote]

Oh shit, I think I might be dead.

[quote]mikepop878 wrote:
[/quote]

[quote]MarvelGirl wrote:
mikepop878 wrote:

[/quote]

Hahaha. Yeah, me too.

Maybe this (130+ grams of carbs/day)is why most dieticians I’ve met who are over 35 are FAT.

Here’s one dietician that has the right idea and this gives a brief account of the history of the low-fat myth:

http://tinyurl.com/69s6r9

as usual, great discussion here.

no offense to the poster’s friend, but as entheogens stated, i wouldn’t put much stock in a pharmacist’s opinion of the article.

a.) pharmacists receive little training in research methods b.) they receive even less training in nutrition. put a.) and b.) together, and you have an uninformed opinion. not to mention the fact that they are indeed indoctrinated with a pharmaceutical-centric approach to health that runs contrary to actually preventing disease.

mary enig is fantastic. most nitwit nutritionists/dieticians would be well-served to read some of her research.