The Beginner's Dog Thread

I was hesitant posting on this thread because the threads author kind of scared me, but anyways.

Being a Newfoundland breeder, Newfoundland dogs are by far one of the best dogs to have.

They’re just big grizzly bears and it’s always fun to wrestle with them. I have 11 as of now, and one of my dogs is pregnet so more on the way.

I despise some breeders because you see them put their dogs in a very small space which is terrible for the dogs. Though lucky for me, living on 5.5 acre plot of land–and with Newfoundlands being so big–they have the whole place to roam.

I swear Newfoundlands are the biggest gentlest dogs around!

aloha!

[quote]Sxio wrote:
I have 3. A Jack Russell, a boxer and a dalmatian. They are all loved, but the dalmatian is borderline retarded.

[/quote]

Funny first few posts here. This pic. here is a great one. I love dogs & I have a border collie who is now 13! His bro, a black lab passed away a few yrs. back. He was a great dog.

Any of you know of any good joint supps. for dogs. I’ve got Rocket (Roger Clemens) one called “K9 SUPERFUEL”. and it’s been great so far. Just curious what you all have tried or used that you noticed to work really well. Tks!

My wife’s Lab :

“Duuuuhhhhhhhhh!!!”

I’ve got 4 teacup chuhuahuas, 2 males, 2 females. The females average about 3lbs. apiece, the males about 6.5 lbs. Here is a pic of the oldest male (Tom) and youngest female (B’lana). I tied a dinner napkin around Tom’s neck at Christmas time at my mom’s house. Gotta love the “I am not amused” look:

A tan Saluki male named Sahhaar. He’s practically human. We talk to him as if he’s any other human in our family and he understands. You know those kids of dogs who are “characters” with the big, comical personalities just like your Uncle Joe? That’s Sahhaar. I’m a big dog girl myself.

This isn’t Sahhaar, but is similar in looks to him except Sahhaar has more muscle and is a bit taller. He’s the Alpha Male type.

Here is a recent pic of my Lab, Dallas, enjoying the sunshine. He’s the best dog I’ve ever known/owned. Best personality of any friend I have. Greatest duck hunter I’ve seen/trained. Love him to death!

J

I used to be a big dog person. Would never consider getting a small one. And then we did. We got Dommy the Jack Russell and I don’t know if I’d ever buy a big dog again.

He eats less, is easier to care for, is a lot cheaper to support due to his small size and has the heart of a champion. He is a bright and friendly little guy. Love him to bits.

[quote]Sxio wrote:
I used to be a big dog person. Would never consider getting a small one. And then we did. We got Dommy the Jack Russell and I don’t know if I’d ever buy a big dog again.

He eats less, is easier to care for, is a lot cheaper to support due to his small size and has the heart of a champion. He is a bright and friendly little guy. Love him to bits. [/quote]

OMG, Sxio, that is the cutest, funniest picture!!!