The Beatles

And in the end…

Led Zeppelin was a better band.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Christine wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
The Beatles suck!

Bumping threads from 2002 also sucks!

Lol, I was waiting for someone to notice. And everyone who posted back then has a post count of 225,000. What’s up with that?[/quote]

Holy time warp!

They all joined in February of 2003 and made the posts in 2002.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Christine wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
The Beatles suck!

Lol, I was waiting for someone to notice. And everyone who posted back then has a post count of 225,000. What’s up with that?[/quote]

Egad man! You’re right!

Something is afoot.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
And in the end…

Led Zeppelin was a better band. [/quote]

I’m reading Hammer of the Gods right now, and it’s badass. To the op’s question, Rocky racoon and Blackbird.

I always liked the Rolling Stones, anyway.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
Christine wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
The Beatles suck!

Lol, I was waiting for someone to notice. And everyone who posted back then has a post count of 225,000. What’s up with that?

Egad man! You’re right!

Something is afoot.[/quote]

Yeah. I was bored at work and clicked on the last page of GAL topics and all the threads from back then are like that. Everyone joined in 03 with posts in 2002 and they all have the exact same number of posts.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:

I’m reading Hammer of the Gods right now, and it’s badass. [/quote]

Yeah! I read that back in '88 and loved it.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

I’m reading Hammer of the Gods right now, and it’s badass.

[/quote]

In deference to Yo Momma and The Stones Let it Bleed is another great book.

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
WhiteFlash wrote:

I’m reading Hammer of the Gods right now, and it’s badass.

In deference to Yo Momma and The Stones Let it Bleed is another great book.

D[/quote]

Yeah. Rock and roll life back in the days before MTV.

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
I always liked the Rolling Stones, anyway.[/quote]

Amen, Sympathy for the Devil rules. The Beatles were pansies…

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:

[/quote]

Out of curiosity and if you had to pick your favorite Stones song, which would it be?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
Christine wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
The Beatles suck!

Lol, I was waiting for someone to notice. And everyone who posted back then has a post count of 225,000. What’s up with that?

Egad man! You’re right!

Something is afoot.

Yeah. I was bored at work and clicked on the last page of GAL topics and all the threads from back then are like that. Everyone joined in 03 with posts in 2002 and they all have the exact same number of posts. [/quote]

hah crazy I wonder if anyone can provide some insight on why this is.

lucy in the sky with diamonds and when the guitar gently weeps.

massive rap fan and a massive beatles fan especially when they do the more depressing songs

[quote]lixy wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:

Out of curiosity and if you had to pick your favorite Stones song, which would it be?[/quote]

Mine would be “Can’t You Hear Me Knockin’”. Mick Taylor had a great guitar sound.

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
Yo Momma wrote:
I always liked the Rolling Stones, anyway.

Amen, Sympathy for the Devil rules. The Beatles were pansies…
[/quote]

Pansies?? Kieth Richards once said that John Lennon was dirtier than the Stones! Lennon was also never afraid to express himself… so much so that our government actually considered him a threat! lol Pansy? I don’t think so.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Out of curiosity and if you had to pick your favorite Stones song, which would it be?[/quote]

“Slave” and “Waiting on a Friend”.

Musically, the Stones were never considered a great talent. To me, they are a visceral, old school, rock and roll band, that grew up in the shadow of the blues.

These songs have a special meaning to me. They’re part of the soundtrack of my life.

The Beatles? Yeah, that’s some talent. Their music speaks to my mind, not my soul. But hey, I’d rather feel the sound, than analyze the words. I’m just the bass player.

He is the sweetest guy. Have you ever looked into his eyes? It was like the first time I heard the Beatles.

couldnt help myself

Do they do any Britney Spears covers?

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
Do they do any Britney Spears covers?[/quote]

Booo!

The Beatles remain the most covered band of all times.

I don’t think it’s so much how good the Beatles were but the transition they symbolized that’s made them so iconic. You can go all the way back to Bing Cosby, Frank Sinatra, ELvis. Each was responsible for a new direction in music. Elvis and the Beatles being on Ed Sullivan had an affect on the youth culture, or counter-culture, that’s hard to understand now.

The Beatles were the first Superstars of the British Invasion which directly or indirectly spawned all that’s come since in the various rock genres. I personally have always preferred the Stones and Zeppelin.