The Beatles

So whats your favorite Beatles song, and why? At the moment its “She’s leaving home”, because I’m a sucker for sad songs.

Come Together because it’s so cool.

A “Day in the Life.” - It makes “ya” wonder… what’s the meaning of it all…?

Be careful asking this question. I was publicly tarred and feathered for admitting I like the Beatles.

Seriously though, its difficult to answer that question. They have so many GREAT songs its hard to pick a favorite.

These are my top 3 picks in no particular order:

"Strawberry Fields"

"Yesterday"

"Let it Be"

True, too many to pick from. Tops for me are: Come Together, Revolution, Happiness Is A Warm Gun (bang-bang, shoot-shoot).

I love the beatles. I am never ashamed to admit it. I guess the only place you could get flamed is in high school by a bunch of no talent-rap-loving-losers who have no concept of what good music is or what real song writning is about. I digress…

My current favorite is "8 Days a week" because thats the song I have sung to my daughter since the day she was born. What ever she is doing she will stop and listen. She won't do that for any other song. I think that's cool.

Dustin- You need to get some new friends. Not seeing the value in the Beatles and their music is just sad.

Picking one favorite Beatle song is impossible although I do love revolution.

The Beatles suck!

Don’t go posting any lyrics now, or else McCartney will send you a bill for royalties! Lol.

Happiness is a Warm Gun

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

I Want You (She’s So Heavy)

Dear Prudence

Elanor Rigby - a story about wasted life and the futility of belief. Not to mention the string part is really cool.

Can’t name one. A Day in the Life, We Can Work it Out, Yellow Submarine, I am the Walrus.

D

You never give me your money.

My mom has some old reel-to-reel tapes (from '64) of me as a 2-year old singing
She Loves You (Yeah Yeah Yeah). lol

Too many to pick, but Revolution comes to mind quickly.

The Ballad of John and Yoko.

Christ, you know it ain’t easy
you know how hard it can be
the way things are going
they’re gonna crucify me

Excellent. It’s the only Beatles song I’ll run to.

[quote]pat wrote:
I love the beatles. I am never ashamed to admit it. I guess the only place you could get flamed is in high school by a bunch of no talent-rap-loving-losers who have no concept of what good music is or what real song writning is about. I digress…

[/quote]

Why can’t I like rap AND The Beatles?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
The Beatles suck![/quote]

Bumping threads from 2002 also sucks!

The entire White album, not one bad song.

[quote]weezer wrote:
Dustin- You need to get some new friends. Not seeing the value in the Beatles and their music is just sad.
[/quote]

Though this comment is six years old, I feel the need to address it.

Beatles fans seems to have some kind of chip on their shoulders, like everyone must admire the Beatles or they are an idiot. Like any other band, some people like their music, others don’t. The Beatles are not special, they are not God’s Gift to music, they are just another band that also happens to be quite popular. Their music is not inherently better than any other music; some people love it, some hate it.

I don’t expect everyone to like my favorite band, nor do I pretend that it is of higher intrinsic musical quality than any other. I just like it. I do not like the Beatles, but this does not mean they are not liked by others diverse musical tastes. I certainly wouldn’t condescend to say they are any worse than any other musical ensemble. That said, they have no value not attributed to them by any individual person.

[quote]Christine wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
The Beatles suck!

Bumping threads from 2002 also sucks![/quote]

Lol, I was waiting for someone to notice. And everyone who posted back then has a post count of 225,000. What’s up with that?