T Nation

The Beast Evolved. Should I?

Looking at Thibaudeau’s before physique from the beast evolves I see a lot of similarity to my current build except for one problem…
I weigh 180 lbs. at the same height and same bodyfat %.

Except for in arm size, i don’t see any size difference in back, legs, chest etc…

I even took three pictures in the same position and cropped them tto the same size and proportions as thib’s pics and still don’t see how he could be carrying 50 lbs of extra mass mainly in his arms.

All jealousy aside, my question is should i go for a fast 12 week transformation like CT and would I see similar aesthetics if i achieved that type of body composition change?

[quote]MetalFuel wrote:
Looking at Thibaudeau’s before physique from the beast evolves I see alot of similarity to my current build except for one problem…

Except for in arm size, i don’t see any size difference in back, legs, chest etc…

I even took three pictures in the same position and cropped them tto the same size and proportions as thib’s pics and still don’t see how he could be carrying 50 lbs of extra mass mainly in his arms.

All jealousy aside, my question is should i go for a fast 12 week transformation like CT and would I see similar aesthetics if i achieved that type of body composition change?
[/quote]

Only one way to find out.

[quote]MetalFuel wrote:
Looking at Thibaudeau’s before physique from the beast evolves I see alot of similarity to my current build except for one problem…

[/quote]

If you are the same height and the same body fat % that CT was, but you weigh 50 lbs less, then you are not built similarly to CT. Before his transformation, CT was an olympic lifter and chances are all of that “weight in his arms” was most likely actually in his legs, shoulders, and back.

Unless your only goal is to be really lean (which I am guess it is not, based on your use of the word “aesthetics”), you probably should not worry about losing an extreme amount of fat at 180 lbs and 18% bf.

If you were to go through with this, you would have to lose 20+ lbs. That would put you at under 160 lbs…nowhere near CT’s build.

[quote]oboffill wrote:
MetalFuel wrote:

Only one way to find out. [/quote]

My biggest concern is not looking scrawny when i really lean down to that level.
I want to be that level of leanness, but i also don’t want to spend 12 weeks where i could be making improvements in LBM just for a six pack and an unimpressive overall physique.

I guess when i think about it, i’d rather be scrawny and lean then work hard to gain mass than continue to be fat while attempting to gain enough lean mass to look impressive after leaning down.

I guess I could have resolved that without this thread, sorry bout that.