The Bathroom Reader

So whenever I’m headed away from the desk to pay a 5-30 minute visit to the Throne, I like to print out an article or 5 to read during my visit. Of course, the articles from this site tend to get top billing – it doesn’t get much better than having the latest Atomic Dog to read over, perhaps a new Question Of Strength, Roundtable Discussion, etc – but sometimes I find myself lacking for amusing and/or informative brain fodder – something to help pass the time while I pass my breakfast.

Hence this thread. Post anything that you enjoy reading in similar circumstances – a relevant Op Ed column, an interesting study on ‘the next creatine’, a review of The Black Crowes last concert, whatever.

I hope it won’t turn into a DISCUSSION of posted articles so much as it can just be a place to share an article/story/whatever that I/we can print out and take with us when Nature comes yelling and we go to see a man about a horse. I’d start with a few, but I need to go take a shite, and I have nothing to read. Maybe when I return…

[quote]SinisterMinister wrote:
I’d start with a few, but I need to go take a shite, and I have nothing to read. Maybe when I return…

[/quote]

I recommend you print out an article on the benefits of milled flax seeds. Read it, put it into practice and the the last thing you’ll need is reading material for your 30 second shite stop.

I do the majority of my reading on the toilet. It’s my “quiet” time.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
I recommend you print out an article on the benefits of milled flax seeds. Read it, put it into practice and the the last thing you’ll need is reading material for your 30 second shite stop.

[/quote]

Sage advice, but it’s already included in my bowl of oatmeal I eat every morning. Besides, sometimes I just enjoy the break from the grind, so 30 seconds doesn’t cut it.

Here’s a link to every US Presidential Inaugural Address (except the most recent). For history buffs, these give a glimpse of what the dearest hopes, ambitions, and fears of the country and it’s leaders were at the given time. Particularly striking to me is the contrast between Lincoln’s 1st and 2nd Addresses – the first of which closes with one of the most beautiful sentences the English language has ever produced.

http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/presiden/inaug/inaug.htm

[quote]SinisterMinister wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:

Sage advice, but it’s already included in my bowl of oatmeal I eat every morning. Besides, sometimes I just enjoy the break from the grind, so 30 seconds doesn’t cut it.

Here’s a link to every US Presidential Inaugural Address (except the most recent). For history buffs, these give a glimpse of what the dearest hopes, ambitions, and fears of the country and it’s leaders were at the given time. Particularly striking to me is the contrast between Lincoln’s 1st and 2nd Addresses – the first of which closes with one of the most beautiful sentences the English language has ever produced.

http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/presiden/inaug/inaug.htm

[/quote]

Thanks for that link.

reading is for suckers. i just drag my big screen into the bathroom so i don’t have to inteterupt my tv time

At the house, I keep the current month’s copy of PC World at the ready.

At the office, It’s usually a week-old newspaper, or some trade rag.

Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader. Any edition.

This seems like the right thread to present this study:

people suffering from bad hemorrhoids were cured through deep squat shitting (aka asian dump foundation).

So, in case your extra education turns out to have bleeding and throbbing consequences in ten years, ATG shits might cure you.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader. Any edition.[/quote]

I have these at home, it’s what gave me the idea. I don’t bring them to work with me. Besides, there’s all kinds of interesting shit to be found and perused on the web.

Here’s the 2nd Chapter, titled ‘The Vigor of Life’, from Teddy Roosevelt’s Autobiography. In it, he describes how his sickly childhood led to his lifelong philosophy regarding the benefits of challenging oneself physically.

http://www.bartleby.com/55/2.html

“I have mentioned all these experiences, and I could mention scores of others, because out of them grew my philosophy – perhaps they were in part caused by my philosophy – of bodily vigor as a method of getting that vigor of soul without which vigor of the body counts for nothing.”

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
This seems like the right thread to present this study:

people suffering from bad hemorrhoids were cured through deep squat shitting (aka asian dump foundation).

So, in case your extra education turns out to have bleeding and throbbing consequences in ten years, ATG shits might cure you.[/quote]

Can someone explain to me what causes hemorrhoids? I googled it but I instantly barfed in my mouth and passed out when the page loaded. Is it from people not wiping their ass? That’s nasty…