T Nation

The Average Man

[quote]Professor X wrote:
hankr wrote:
The bench stats have to be off, don’t they? My bench sucks, but the figures quoted are truly pathetic.

I have seen more and more new trainers who can only lift the bar…and these are guys. When I was in highschool, only doing the bar labeled you a “pussy”. I would expect most girls to be able to use that much and more. I truly don’t even think some of these guys are that weak, they simply don’t push themselves at all. It is a mentality I just don’t understand. I thought it was natural for most guys to at least get into doing push ups at home on a regular basis just so they aren’t complete wimps. It seems like the attitude lately is it is just fine being wimpy and there is something wrong with the guy who wants to be stronger than that.
[/quote]

Hahaha. Prof, you are behind the times my man. The average guy is pathetic in all of this, and I think that few people that doesn’t work out semi-regularly do any pushups. We would think like this, but I think that the average guy can do lower than what they think, except maybe in the 20-29 age grouping.

Around my college, the skinny-Armani shirt- hat- sideways-and-tilted-to-the Southeast-fag look is apparently something to be proud of.

Wow. The average guys depresses me.

I’m by no means a push up maestro but I know I could pull out 50+ in a minute easy. I thought at first it said 33 (i’m 25 btw) consecutively, and then I saw in ONE MINUTE! Are you shitting me? I can do 40 straight no problems. And like I said, I am by no means a push up maestro.

by proportions i’m the average man exactly, my lifts are numbers are ~50% higher though.

honestly though thess figures didn’t really surprise me. i know plenty of guys alot stronger than these numbers, and equally as many alot weeker.
as far as my goals, i try to be at least average in everything i pursue, and above average in things that i reap the most benefit from.

if you’re a scientist you wanna be above average in your science and at least average in other areas.

basically the goal is to be a man constantly in cycles of expanding and improving your abilities.

[quote]stonesanctus wrote:
by proportions i’m the average man exactly, my lifts are numbers are ~50% higher though.

honestly though thess figures didn’t really surprise me. i know plenty of guys alot stronger than these numbers, and equally as many alot weeker.
as far as my goals, i try to be at least average in everything i pursue, and above average in things that i reap the most benefit from.

if you’re a scientist you wanna be above average in your science and at least average in other areas.

basically the goal is to be a man constantly in cycles of expanding and improving your abilities.[/quote]

This is what freaks me out. Obviously there are a lot of people stronger than those quoted, since those numbers are average. But that means people are weaker too! Holy shit, as if average isn’t bad enough.

feels his self esteem rising

This has to be taken from some strange part of the country becasue that seems like it just can’t be right. I wonder where the actual area pooled was? The scary thing is the average woman is 5ft 4 and weighs 150 lbs?!?! Blah

[quote]ScrambyEggs wrote:
feels his self esteem rising

This has to be taken from some strange part of the country becasue that seems like it just can’t be right. I wonder where the actual area pooled was? The scary thing is the average woman is 5ft 4 and weighs 150 lbs?!?! Blah[/quote]

hahahahaha