T Nation

The Audacity of Irony

The Audacity of Irony
?Hope and change? meet reality.
by Victor Davis Hanson

http://www.victorhanson.com/articles/hanson022609.html

The writer makes some interesting points, but the majority of the article seems to be the same Republican dogma.

LOL so true. The Media never makes a big deal of anything that goes down with Obama. His cabinet so far was full of cheats, hypocrites and Elitists. lol.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The writer makes some interesting points, but the majority of the article seems to be the same Republican dogma.[/quote]

…I must have completely missed the Republican dogma you speak of.

Just went back and ctrl + F’ed “abortion,” “pro-life,” “gay marriage,” “tax cuts,” “war on terror,” and got bupkiss.

So… dogma goes where?

The man is obviously a conservative, but his critical view of the hypocrisy of the Democrats (and in particular the Democrat’s supporters) was well founded.

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
The writer makes some interesting points, but the majority of the article seems to be the same Republican dogma.[/quote]

True enough. But the point that obama does not take the threat of terrorism seriously is well founded. He seems to think it sort of a joke.

He is showing tremendous weakness in this area and it seems to me that is if the terrorists do not attack us again, it’s simply because they didn’t feel like it.

I feel quite certain they will hit one of our interests fairly soon.

[quote]pat wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
The writer makes some interesting points, but the majority of the article seems to be the same Republican dogma.

True enough. But the point that obama does not take the threat of terrorism seriously is well founded. He seems to think it sort of a joke.

He is showing tremendous weakness in this area and it seems to me that is if the terrorists do not attack us again, it’s simply because they didn’t feel like it.

I feel quite certain they will hit one of our interests fairly soon. [/quote]

I think the threat is over blown, we must be vigilant but we need to pinch our pennies, I think domestic terrorism is a bigger threat or violence spilling across our southern border