T Nation

The Anabolic Diet Desert Thread.

So ll of us whom are on the anabolic diet and crave those delicious treats and to diversify our diets :slight_smile:
I love the one minute muffin I found on the bodybuilding.com forums.

Originally Posted by Sheba1 View Post
Have you heard of the one minute muffin?

Serving Size: 1

1/4 cup flax meal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 packet splenda packet
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large egg
1 tablespoon oil

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug.

Stir.

Then add the egg and oil. Mix.

Microwave 1 minute (or more). Take out. slice, butter, eat.

Cream cheese would go nicely, too.

Notes: 11.1 total carbs, 8.8 fiber, for 2.3 net carbs.

The shape of this can be changed by making it in a bowl.

It can be “toasted” once it’s cooked.

The cinnamon can be replaced. I would imagine that any sugar free syrup could be added.

Per serving: 235 Calories; 18g Fat (63% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 223mg Cholesterol; 284mg Sodium

What are yours? :slight_smile:

wouldn’t all AD desert recipes use copious amounts of artificial sweeteners ?

theres no problem with a few cups of artificial sweeteners :slight_smile: only one packet. i just had this recipe and it tastes sooo good. beats out cinnabon

I wouldn’t exaxtly call a muffin desert, but just tried it and it was pretty good. Def a good subistiute for bread if you have a craving for it. You could probably subsitiute almond meal for the flax and it would prob taste even better.

I made up these two desserts. They’re really good, with no artificial sweeteners needed:

-Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream

2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 tbsp heavy cream
1 tbsp Hood Calorie Countdown Chocolate Milk
1 tbsp chocolate protein powder
1/2 tbsp cocoa powder

Melt the peanut butter in the microwave (1 minute @ 70% power is good). Add the other ingredients, stir, and freeze it for 45-60 minutes. Enjoy.

You can substitute the Hood milk for 1 tsp of water, but it won’t be as creamy.

-Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream

2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 tbsp heavy cream
1 tbsp Hood Calorie Countdown Regular Milk
1 tbsp Strawberry Metabolic Drive

Same directions as above.

I make one of these almost every night. Delicious.

I would stay away from all artificial sweeteners. They are crap, some still cause an insulin secretion, and they are not helping eliminate your cravings.

That being said I’ll play along.

homemade no carb vanilla ice cream

12 omega 3 egg yolks
1 quart cream
1 vanilla bean
1 tbsp vanilla extract
few shakes stevia to taste

(I prefer to have “raw” ice cream so I don’t boil it at all. If you do choose to cook it, do it on low, and don’t let it boil. I also use grassfed organic raw cream.)

Beat the cream, egg yolks and vanilla extract. Cut the bean, scrape the seeds into the cream mixture. Stir. Start to sprinkle in the stevia.

(Stevia is 300 times sweeter than sugar, has no carbs whatsoever, is all natural-it’s a plant, and it actually impacts blood sugar positively.)

Go slow, as it is very sweet and you don’t need alot.

Once it’s to your liking, dump the content in an ice cream maker and follow the direction or get to cranking old-school style.

Freeze.

Enjoy.

This shit is fucking great. Rich, creamy, no carbs.

If you want to get cute, fold in a couple scoops of protein powder before you dump it in the ice cream maker. (I would use an unsweetened protein powder so you can still keep the vanilla taste.)

Use stevia if you need a no calorie sweetener. It’s natural and works pretty well. I use it in green tea when I’m dieting with BCAA powder and try and drink a half gallon per day.

AD milkshake/pudding

1 oz blueberries
1 oz raspberries
1 oz walnuts
1 oz almonds
whipping cream (35% m.f.)

just crush the nuts (lol) and the berries together. add the cream…you could let it set for a bit or eat as is.
pretty satisfyign and you get your anti-oxidants, goodfats, fibre and about 8gm net carbs. 2gm each for each component and 0 gm for the cream.