The Anabolic Diet Being Vegetarian?

[quote]-iceman- wrote:
I could eat 10, 15, 20 eggs a day if I had to. But is it the same as being able to eat meat??[/quote]

If you think eggs are the only protein source available, that’s clue number one that you haven’t done proper research. Eggs are an awesome food, but you still want a variety of protein sources.

That’s another debate altogether and one the guys in the AD thread have definite opinions on.

I went vegetarian/vegan for two months and, without meaning to, I lost 12 pounds (while my strength increased).
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/confession_i_went_vegetarian

If anything, that cemented the idea that someone looking for hypertrophy while on a nutrition plan with limited food options has to pay that much more attention to their calorie and macronutrient intake.

Being a lacto-ovo vegetarian weightlifter can be tough. Being on the Anabolic Diet can be tough. Being a lacto-ovo vegetarian while also limiting carbs (to abide by the AD) will be incredibly tough, and you’ll probably bomb out somewhere along the way.

I suggest you decide which is more important: sticking to your principles and the reasons you became vegan in the first place, and then making that plan work for you (which many people have done before)… or… transition to an omnivorous diet, adopt the Anabolic Diet, and make that plan work for you (which many people have done before).

Could a young woman say “I’ll have sex on prom night, for the sake of having sex on prom night, but I’ll still call myself a virgin afterwards.”

You can’t have your animal protein cake and eat it too.

Why? For the sake of being out of the ordinary? Dude, being a weight lifting vegetarian in itself is out of the ordinary.

You’re doing something wrong then. It’s challenging, yes, but it isn’t at all impossible.

Then you’re doing it wrong. What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?