T Nation

The Amazing New Insect Assassins

Make sure they’re not slipping under your door, watching you while you sleep.
I wonder if there’s a service to hermetically seal your house?
The video in the link just may haunt your dreams.

And don’t worry, they’re only gonna use 'em for terrorists…yyyeah, rrright.

Pretty nasty buggars! I remember thinking/ dreaming up a jungle warfare creature. Based it on a monkey, basically because when somebody got their ass kicked, we’d call it getting monkey stomped, and we used to have this devious exercise called monkey F*****s. Ideally, it would be jungle warfare recon and assassination, comes equipped with k-bar for a dong, able to call in air and drum support.

I wouldn’t mind if they used them in Chicago.

A splendid idea! Chicago…Detriot…South Central L.A…Harlem…East St.Louis.
Yeah, we get ya zecario.

It’s funny how things like this go viral and are suddenly posted everywhere…

This isn’t really THAT new. There is a whole group of hobbyist who fly and often build unmanned aerial vehicles or “drones” ( quadcopters, helicopters, planes, ones that fly like butterflies, etc. )

All this really is is the continuation of the miniaturization of that same tech.

If you’ve been following new tech I think it’s pretty obvious that these things will become quite popular at the consumer level over the next decade.

Yeah well, that’s kinda the point of the post…they’re gettin’ smaller.
So you see, the NEXT time I post about this, expect those little locusts of revelation
to be the size of a fuckin’ fruit fly…I think there’s one in my pants right now
trying to get a sperm sample.

[quote]Karado wrote:
Yeah well, that’s kinda the point of the post…they’re gettin’ smaller.
So you see, the NEXT time I post about this, expect those little locusts of revelation
trying to get a sperm sample. [/quote]

Yeah, they definitely are.

I just meant to say (and mainly because of the dozens of times I’ve seen this posted now on FB) that it’s not like they got smaller overnight. People I know are like “OMG!, have you seen this? they can make these like little flying things now that the government will use to spy on you !!!” - as if the technology had developed overnight. My point is that people have been making these things for many years now. They have gotten a LITTLE bit smaller each year and they will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

But it is at the point now where it’s going to start to get quite interesting. What’s in the video (in the OP) isn’t that far out, and we will most likely be seeing that tech in the next few years.

Just imagine what you could do with a flying device with a high quality camera, microphone, and a good range, that looks like nothing more than a bird or a butterfly. You could fly it around the city (remote control, using glasses that put you “in flight”) and perch yourself outside of any window you wanted to. When they become the size of bugs, you can get inside the home. This isn’t science fiction. It’s happening now.

[quote]Karado wrote:
expect those little locusts of revelation
trying to get a sperm sample. [/quote]

It would still be too big for that task.