Until the Wheels Fall Off

[quote]Ogre21793 wrote:

Holy bruised traps, batman! The Polish Press thing looks like it would be brutal on the trap area, bruise-wise anyhow. Pussies like myself won’t be doing that any time soon. You OL’ers must be real men, heh.[/quote]

Couple of crashes and you learn how to absorb the force of the falling weight…as well as how to control the descent. These are to strengthen my snatch hold. I’d shy completely away from them otherwise. Behind the neck stuff scares me.

Great work, was that your knees cracking at the first of the video when you were doing snatches?

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Great work, was that your knees cracking at the first of the video when you were doing snatches?[/quote]

Yup. First few sets are always entertaining that way.

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Great work, was that your knees cracking at the first of the video when you were doing snatches?[/quote]

Yup. First few sets are always entertaining that way.[/quote]

Mine do it to, thought that sounded familiar. I wish I could do the snatches, bad shoulder would have a very bad outcome.

looking great Tony! you need to give Brett lessons on dropping the bar

2011-4-1

Snatch pull to knees + snatch
125 1x5

Snatches
135 1x5

Polish Press
165 3x3
155 3x2

Squats
295 3x3

Snatches - I consider these SMOKED! Only one was momentarily in doubt and I saved that one at the bottom. I can raise weight now.

Took snatch grip on polish press (which is the definition of it, actually) 165 got to be too hard on the shoulders so I dropped to 155. I’ll work back up by 2.5’s I think. We’ll see.

I tried to bounce my hams off my calves on squats. Missed doing so on some of them and my back angle sucked for the first two sets. Mostly fixed it on the last set but I’ll have to stay at 295 for at least another session.

Your squats have really come a ways since you started logging them. Don’t know any drugs like that.

I was just away, reading about something called the pale-o diet - which I thought had something to do with inducing a melanin-deficiency. I thought it would be cool if more people were seeking my lack of complexion, cuz then I wouldn’t be so alone.

I was wrong.

Oh well, back to looking for an albino support group…[/quote]

There are lots of us tan deficient ones … :wink:

tru dat. up, is up!

This might deserve a mention…possibly.

2011-4-3

Clean pull to Knees + C&PJ
175 1x5 sets

C&PJ
190 1x3 sets

Pullups
BW+35 3x5 sets

Front Squats
235 3x3

Trouble on the jerks today, right shoulder mushy and un-cooperative. They weren’t bad, just mushy. I’m not even thinking about the cleans or struggling at all with them, focused on getting the jerks right. Still need some work there.

Pullups getting faster and easier.

Front Squats were faster and deeper today than last C&J Session. 5 lbs more next time.

nice first pull / first pull to clean. do you watch your vids during your session for immediate feedback or just watch the vids after?

DUDE!

WHen you said “trouble with jerks today”, the rest of the post didn’t go as I expected.

Nice lifts.

[quote]punnyguy wrote:

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:

That is the “snatch” followed by the “clean and jerk”? I thought there was one where they split their legs, front and back, when pressing the weight. Or is that not an actual lift?[/quote]

If I may -pushing the weight overhead is the jerk, pushing it overhead like the guy in the video is called the squat jerk, pushing it overhead the way you describe it is called a split jerk. The split jerk is much much more prevalent, the squat jerk is considered more technically challenging to do.[/quote]

Ah… Thanks you.

[quote]alexus wrote:
nice first pull / first pull to clean. do you watch your vids during your session for immediate feedback or just watch the vids after? [/quote]

Both. And the day after too. And just before the next session.

There’s so much to fix and I’m just so damn’ pretty.

seriously T - your arms and shoulders are looking fuller to me in a very nom way. Either you’re packing some muscles or that cute new outfit you got for your viewers really suits you.

I say both :slight_smile:

[quote]nlmain wrote:
seriously T - your arms and shoulders are looking fuller to me in a very nom way. Either you’re packing some muscles or that cute new outfit you got for your viewers really suits you.

I say both :)[/quote]

Yeah - the tissue is moving around. My pants are looser in the waist, tighter in the thighs and seat and my shirts are tight in the shoulders (though not the chest) but my bodyweight has stayed the same. And the arms and forearms do seem to be getting bigger though I’m doing no direct arm work.

BTW - how did you stick yourself to the wall to do those DB snatches?

Yes to pretty.

Nice work Tony-
and you are loking well
no homo.

I guess I had to say that,

between your log and Carls- I want to really get back to doing
more O-lift stuff.
I have been doing a little but I should smarten up and find a better gym or coach.

I did them in college - and for greco

Carls quote is perfect- one coach I worked with
would answer with It went up.
when I would ask how I did

edit

best log title ever.

Something Old Navy and other might like

2011-4-05

Snatch Pull to Knees + Snatch
130 1x5 sets

Snatch
145x0, 1/2, 1,1,1,0,1,1

Polish Press
157.5 3x5 sets

Squats
295 3x3

Snatches were wobbly, but good enough to try again at that weight. Bet I’ll do much better. Butt was going up the tiniest little bit. Hard to believe 10lbs makes that much of a difference.

Squats
First two sets no belt and deep except for set 2 rep 3. Put the belt on after that. Getting deep, now to make them faster.