The Air Fried Thread

I used to love deep fried food. I am sure most of us here have a guilty pleasure food in a fast food restaurant or bar menu. But since I struggle with GERD and generally don’t let my workouts be controlled by it I have to combat it with my diet. That’s where the air fryer comes in for me.

I use it for basically all my chicken and meats, but I also love to make my own potatoe chips in it

What do you guys like to make in your air fryer?! And is it friendly to youe regiment? (Bulking, cutting, HIIT, simply loving to eat… I want all the food ideas)

Can anyone tell me how to hide a thread? Preferably where I’d never be able to click on it again in my life, even if I wanted to?

:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Tbh I found less than 10% improvement in foods i wanted to use it for. I thought fries would suddenly be amazing, but it was disappointing IME. Some people swear by it but I just haven’t had that experience.

1 Like

I was scared to make it haha

I hear ya on the fries sort of. My mother in law works for ninja so she hooks us up with the products at good prices. We have this smart air fryer that does two sides. As long as I remember to shake the fries they’re great. The old air fryer I had with a piece that spun in it wasn’t great.

Try to chip some potatoes up and make yourself some spiral fries. May change your mind!

1 Like

Honestly I think the same effect can be achieved with a convection oven, but it sounds like you’ve had your opinion fully formed. At any rate, I can attest that they make chicken nuggets and other breaded ‘fried’ foods a bit crispier than convection. Still nowhere near the same effect of truly frying foods IME though.

1 Like

An air fryer is basically a desktop convection oven.

I like it bc it’s more efficient than turning on the big oven and heats up quicker

3 Likes

Baked apples

2 Likes

Yep, great for summer when I don’t want to heat up my house. Just a mini convention oven that heats quicky.

Vegetables are really good air fried. Asparagus, green beans, broccoli, peppers have all turned out great.

It’s also great for reheating food. Pizza is really good air fried. Anything that has been already fried tastes like it’s fresh from the fryer if you don’t over cook it. I love mine.

2 Likes

Life saver for chicken and veggies

Apparently it’s also good for fish and steak but the inability to monitor the food+high power scares me

2 Likes

BRUSSEL SPROUTS

2 Likes

I use my air fryer daily. I just cooked up some steak tips in it an hour ago, and will cook up a bunch of chicken breast tenderloins to get me through the week.

I also do all sorts of veggies. And mine is a Ninja 6-in-1, so I use the grill function daily to make my breakfast as well.

3 Likes

My wife just discovered our oven has an air fryer feature a few days ago. She’s been air frying ravioli and it’s pretty good.

2 Likes

My brother swears it warms up left over pizza better than anything else…lol.

But we seem to use ours for veggies more than anything else.

2 Likes

Left over pizza is just the beginning. Haha all eldtovers I would normally microwave I try in it. Usually they’re better, don’t get that weird microwave texture

1 Like

I love my air fryer(s). 2 words, team: pork chops. See you on the other side of your “before” pictures.

2 Likes

I’m going to try air fried pork chops today!!

2 Likes

I youtubed doing it with steaks. Looks amazing !

2 Likes

@TrainForPain tried pork chops in air fryer. Good but not as good as reverse seared in oven/pan

1 Like

Really? I really like them. Did you use a dry rub?