T Nation

The Ad They Don't Want You to See

I'm on a roll

Banned on the major news networks

Did Ayers get prison time? I'd think that they'd lock him up and throw away the key.

Nope, he teaches english at some college.

Why's it banned if its content is true?

The same reason why Obama's middle name is "out of bounds".

Huh?

I'll ask again: Why is this ad "banned on the major news networks"? In fact, please show any evidence that it is indeed "banned".

There is no reason his middle name should be "out of bounds". Yet if anyone mentions it, they are blasted as if they are connecting him with terrorism, or Saddam.

But that is just an excuse, especially when the one person who used his middle name, and was attacked for it, never made any connection with his middle name, and says that using a persons full name is a sign of respect, nothing more.

Anyway it should be noted that we had good relations with King Hussein before his death.

It's also interesting that when John Stewart did make the connections with every part of his name, there was not even a whimper.

Anyway as far as the Ayers situation, according to wiki, he lived under assumed names until charges were dropped due to "prosecutorial misconduct". In other words he got off on a technicality.

Obama has said he never really knew the guy, but the author of Obamanation has found documents that prove otherwise.

The Obama campaign has actually sent out memos warning radio stations with the implication that if they have the author on, that their license will be at risk. (Don't you love freedom of speech?)

That is because JS news show is, IMO, the fairest and most balanced news show and he has some integrity, which automatically lets him play in his own league.

Oooh, Obama is so mean to these swift boat bullies.

It actually wasn't on his news show. But anyway, either it's allowed, or it's not.

Also it is not a news show, it is a comedy show. Don't get your news from comedy. (Even John Stewart said this in one of his ads.)

WTF? Who disallowed anything?

Mark my words. The Republicans and their friends have got big plans starting round about the 1st or 2nd week of October. We will witness an ad blitz featuring all the stuff everybody's lamenting is not getting attention right now. That's when it will be most effective. If they are in the least competent that is and I'm becoming more hopeful.

When Stewart made the comment, not a peep. When Bill Cunningham mentioned his middle name, he was viciously attacked, even though he never once made any connection with the middle name. He just used it.

Stewart has spent at least one show focusing in on how Fox News has mixed up his entire name with Osama Bin Laden so many times that it if it were a mistake, it shows pure incompetence. Someone posted the link about a month ago with Colbert reporting on it.

Why would you all assume that his audience is clueless about how he feels on the issue?

Welcome back, Professor!

Here's another item that has yet to really see the light of day:

"Grim proving ground for Obama's housing policy
The candidate endorsed subsidies for private entrepreneurs to build low-income units. But, while he garnered support from developers, many projects in his former district have fallen into disrepair.

Presidential hopeful, residents' complaints
(Boston Globe) At a dilapidated Chicago housing project, some see problems with Obama's favored housing policy. CHICAGO - The squat brick buildings of Grove Parc Plaza, in a dense neighborhood that Barack Obama represented for eight years as a state senator, hold 504 apartments subsidized by the federal government for people who can't afford to live anywhere else.

But it's not safe to live here.

About 99 of the units are vacant, many rendered uninhabitable by unfixed problems, such as collapsed roofs and fire damage. Mice scamper through the halls. Battered mailboxes hang open. Sewage backs up into kitchen sinks. In 2006, federal inspectors graded the condition of the complex an 11 on a 100-point scale - a score so bad the buildings now face demolition.

Grove Parc has become a symbol for some in Chicago of the broader failures of giving public subsidies to private companies to build and manage affordable housing - an approach strongly backed by Obama as the best replacement for public housing.

As a state senator, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee coauthored an Illinois law creating a new pool of tax credits for developers. As a US senator, he pressed for increased federal subsidies. And as a presidential candidate, he has campaigned on a promise to create an Affordable Housing Trust Fund that could give developers an estimated $500 million a year.

But a Globe review found that thousands of apartments across Chicago that had been built with local, state, and federal subsidies - including several hundred in Obama's former district - deteriorated so completely that they were no longer habitable."

Obama's Rules:

(1) Get government money for friends.
(2) Friends give chunk to me to run for office.
(3) Friends build horrible cheap slums. More money for me!

LOL!!!!!

I thought this was how presidents did it? You all didn't like Bush?

It's allowed because Stewart is a comedian, and he's playing off the notion of the hillbilly fucks in Alabama who like to believe that because his name is Barack he's a Muslim, Hussein means he's Saddam's Uncle, and Obama, rhyming with Osama as it does, must obviously mean that he's part of Al-Queda, or at the very least he's related to Bin Laden and his name got changed at Ellis Island.

Republican commentators say it with strong authority, normally when they're bashing him, so they can subconciously (or sometimes blatantly) try to reinforce all the stereotypes in reference to his name.

And even though I don't, I'd rather see people get their news from the Daily Show then Fauxnews, who probably still have those two pictures of empty shell casings up on their website claiming that they found WMD and have two dead Iraqis with their finger on the button posing like it's weekend at bernie's.

By the way, I didn't look at the ad, but if you make your presidential campaign choice because of a paid-for ad then you deserve to be lit on fire and have it put out with a chain.

Oh yes. Because no other president, especially our current glorious leader, has ever done things like that.

Whens the last time you heard Bill Clinton's, Ronald Reagan's, Jimmy Carter's, etc ad infinitum's middle name? (John Quincy Adams and the Bushs don't count as their middle names are used to show who they are).

So, if you're saying it, it probably IS to try and connect him to Saddam, subconsciously of course.

And John Stewart is a COMEDIAN. Why does everyone think he's the left's version of Bill O'Reilly? People KNOW he's joking. Duh. Use logic people...

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.