The Abortion Thread

After a traumatic conception, June was faced with carrying the pregnancy to term. Read about how June chose life many years ago and how her son is now impacting the lives of abortion-minded young women.

When I(June) was 24 I had the unthinkable happen to me. I was raped by a stranger one night after I was left behind at a dance club by some friends. He came up to me knowing my name, where I went to school, and even mentioned some mutual friends. He offered to take me home and not wanting to be rude, I accepted. He said he needed to stop by his apartment and asked me if I wanted to come in. I did and that is where he choked me with my sweater and raped me

. I did not report it because I was scared and at that time they would print the name of the victim in the local newspaper, I didn’t want that to shame myself or my family. Soon I found myself pregnant. I had always been Pro-Life and now here I was facing one of those situations that many said it was okay to abort. I knew that was not an option for me, why would I punish the baby for the crime of someone else. With some support from some family members and a few friends I choose to not only carry out the pregnancy but to also keep my son. Was it easy? No. Do I regret it? Absolutely not!

My son Sean is now 25 years old, married and has a beautiful little girl.

There is not a day I don’t thank God for my son and he is so thankful to be alive. In fact he recently called me, he is in Connecticut and I am in Washington, to talk to a girl who was considering an abortion. He shared his story with her and I am so thankful he is so brave to share not only his story but his strong belief that life begins at conception.

So what are anti-choice groups up to this week?

Well, they’re heading to Washington, D.C. Heartbeat International, an organization that supports “crisis pregnancy centers,” is having a Lobby Day on Capitol Hill.

What are “crisis pregnancy centers” (CPCs)? They are anti-choice operations that often pose as comprehensive health-care centers. In reality, many exist to lure women seeking pregnancy-related information into their centers to deceive and confuse them out of exercising their right to choose.

How do they do it? CPCs often mislead women by advertising “abortion services” and “family-planning information.” But when a woman goes to a CPC, the only “information” and “services” she gets will be anti-choice ideology intended to block her from choosing abortion care.

If you’ve never heard of a CPC, this might be impossible to believe. For an alarming example of their deceptive tactics, listen to this audio clip of anti-choice activist Abby Johnson instructing CPC workers how to mislead women.

We’ve been educating women about the dangers of CPCs and taking CPCs head on to stop their lies.

Even though you won’t be able to lobby in person this week, there’s a great way you can stand up to CPCs’ lies and manipulation. Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) and Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) have introduced legislation to hold CPCs accountable for their deceptive and misleading advertising.

Ask your lawmakers to support this bill so women get the truth. Make your voice heard so the CPC lobby day doesn’t go unanswered.

https://secure.prochoiceamerica.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=4935

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]storey420 wrote:

[quote]kneedragger79 wrote:
90% of abortions are performed during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. Here is what an 8-week-old embryo looks like. Is that a clump of cells?

http://www.ehd.org/movies.php?mov_id=47[/quote]

Nope, but how about 3 weeks? Got a picture of how human that looks?[/quote]

How many women do you think actually get abortions at around the 3 week mark?

You aren’t a parent, are you? [/quote]

I cannot find solid data that answers that questions fully. Inaccuracies and states not reporting aside, we do know that from 2006 data 61.8% occurred at less than nine weeks and 2008 data only shows that 88-92% of all abortions happen during the first trimester ( a much wider brush). If you can help point me to specific data on the numbers at 4 weeks or less then you already know the answer to your question.

Not a parent yet but expecting.

[quote]K2000 wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]storey420 wrote:

90% of abortions are performed during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. Here is what an 8-week-old embryo looks like. Is that a clump of cells?

http://www.ehd.org/movies.php?mov_id=47[/quote]

How many women do you think actually get abortions at around the 3 week mark?

You aren’t a parent, are you? [/quote]

Not a parent – he probably hasn’t ever had sex with a woman before, if he’s looking for a picture of an abortion at 3 weeks. Three weeks is not long enough to even know you’re pregnant.
[/quote]

Yep K2000 nailed, nope never had sex, not even sure what a vagina looks like. And you are a fucking moron if you don’t understand that my point was 3 weeks from the time you do know you’re pregnant (not just conception)

Now looks determine the worth of a human life?

[quote]storey420 wrote:

[/quote]

Isn’t that what you posted your pics to prove? So 3 weeks in does it look more like a clump of cells or a small human like in the picture you posted

I will try explaining it a different way. If you search the topic of ‘abortion’ you will have this result - abortion at DuckDuckGo - and then look up the ‘positive aspects of abortion’ you find this - positive aspects of abortion at DuckDuckGo - and if you actually talk with women in front of the death machine called Planned Parenthood then the results will be different again. Or you could go look for the stories of women who regret abortion. Here is valuable source - Abortion Stories | Abort73.com - Where do you think the truth lies?

I know a HUMAN CHILD is murdered and slaughtered every single time an abortion occurs. Women are ignorant to the truth when they go into a PP clinic and the doctor performs a surgical abortion. Chemical abortions are even worse.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

No matter what your statistics say, I know countless women who are effected by those decisions.
[/quote]

and then you will realize that you can’t source wiki as anything credible. Try again.
[/quote]

Consistency, you have none.

This page = your information contradicts my view, therefore your source isn’t creditable
Last page = your data contradicts my view, therefore anecdotal evidence trumps creditable sources

Got to be fucking kidding me. [/quote]
[/quote]

[i]WHOOSH![/i] Swing and a miss.

[quote]storey420 wrote:

Isn’t that what you posted your pics to prove? So 3 weeks in does it look more like a clump of cells or a small human like in the picture you posted[/quote]

Dude, I will tell you the same advice I ignored.

You are wasting your time with him. He picks and chooses what is good info or bad based on it fitting with his opinion. His goal posts move with the wind. Like a simple little butterfly.

I give him credit for effort and compassion, but trying to have a conversation is fruitless.

Shit he argued with me for agreeing with him for like 2 pages.

How precious is this? A Down syndrome diagnosis should NOT mean a death sentence.

^ this adorable picture from IDSC For Life!

I posted the pictures because many people who are pro-death use the argument that the unborn are NOT human. You are using the same logic, ‘the unborn are not human and can be justly slaughtered.’ Please tell me if I am wrong about your stance.

How precious is this? A Down syndrome diagnosis should NOT mean a death sentence.

^ this adorable picture from IDSC For Life![/quote]

99% of all people with Downs syndrome say they are happy with their life?

Alright, that proves something.

Like them not being aware of an awful lot of things.

I posted the pictures because many people who are pro-death use the argument that the unborn are NOT human. You are using the same logic, ‘the unborn are not human and can be justly slaughtered.’ Please tell me if I am wrong about your stance.

[/quote]

If you’ve read any of my posts in this thread you should already understand it but…I am personally against abortions but for the right of a woman to choose that option if it is before the embryonic phase (within those first 4 weeks). Sure you may call it an arbitrary line but to me a zygote is not a human but more importantly I do believe that there are justified circumstances and people need that ability to make their own choice.

So cb, if you are for LIFE, tell me how I am arguing the subject incorrectly. You are simply making points and never respond after I type a response. I simply address the point based on life and refuse to address every point unrelated to the topic we are discussing. If I am so mistaken, please give me an example of how I should respond to you. Especially if we agree.

As a side note, you bet I look over information on the internet! Just because the internet or media presents some information, that means nothing to me. Any information can be posted on just about any outlet. Hell, people still think Barry is doing a good job as president. So now I should ignore the truth because the media tells me lies? Come on man, I do not know everything about how this life that we are in, but I do know abortion results in the death of an innocent and helpless child every single time.

I simply speak for those with no voice.

[quote]countingbeans wrote: Dude, I will tell you the same advice I ignored.

You are wasting your time with him. He picks and chooses what is good info or bad based on it fitting with his opinion. His goal posts move with the wind. Like a simple little butterfly.

I give him credit for effort and compassion, but trying to have a conversation is fruitless.

Shit he argued with me for agreeing with him for like 2 pages.[/quote]

Next you will tell me environment has no reflection on their self worth.

[quote]orion wrote: 99% of all people with Downs syndrome say they are happy with their life?

Like them not being aware of an awful lot of things. [/quote]

Allowing or accepting abortion is synonymous with supporting abortion. Remember the days of slavery and segregation? “He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

16-year-old: “I regret having sex, but I’ve never regretted keeping my baby”
by Peter Baklinski Fri Jul 20, 2012

OTTAWA, Ontario, July 20, 2012, (LifeSiteNews.com) - Defending a woman’s “right to choose” often means defending abortion. Pro-choice advocates argue for the availability of that choice saying “you wouldn’t know how hard it is to deal with an unexpected pregnancy unless you’ve experienced it.”

But for Amber Kortekaas, pregnant at 16, nothing could be further from the truth. Amber recounted to LifeSiteNews what she called the “long chain of events” that resulted in her becoming pregnant at such a tender age.

It all began with the “caring, fun-loving boy” who took Amber out on dates, called her often on the phone, and made her “feel important.”

“I felt obligated to give him what he wanted,” she said. “Stupid, right?”

Not too much later, while attending a six-week-long gliding camp for cadets in the summer of 2010, Amber began to wonder if she might be pregnant. But she blamed her body’s little abnormalities on the “stresses of being away from home.”

“The food tasted bad because it was gross mess-food. Everything smelled bad because it was an old building,” she said. “I threw-up that one night because the food tasted bad and the room smelled terrible. I was always exhausted because they were waking us up at 5 a.m. and I was running all day.”

But Amber began to run out of excuses for the strange way her body was behaving. It was during the last week of camp that she “figured it all out.” Amber persevered through the rigorous training and received her pilot’s license, despite all the changes her young body was experiencing as a result of the pregnancy. But her elation at getting her wings was short lived, for now she faced the reality of having to return home and tell her parents what was really going on inside of her.

“The thought of telling my parents was terrifying. My mom, a very kind and religious woman, had no idea what I was doing behind her back.”

But Amber was spared the dreaded moment: She threw-up during her car ride home, and her mom “instantly” figured out why.

Instead of condemning her, Amber’s family “vowed to support” her. “I was very lucky in this way, for I know it would have all been harder if they hadn’t.”

But the relationship between Amber and her boyfriend began to deteriorate. The “caring, fun-loving boy” began to show his true colors. He became “controlling to say the least, to the point where it was abusive.” The boyfriend began to harass Amber with text messages. If she did not immediately respond to his messages, he would call her on the phone, demanding to know where she was and why she was not responding.

Amber discovered that her boyfriend had even lied to her about his past and that he had made up stories about himself to gain her sympathy.

“He at one point told me about his ex-girlfriend - who apparently cheated on him - who nearly drove him to almost kill himself when they broke up,” she said.

The quarrels between the disenchanted young couple would end in Amber’s boyfriend threatening her with his suicide if he could not get his way. They quarreled over what the baby’s last name would be, whether Amber should continue to work, where she would go to school. But most often, they quarreled over where Amber should live.

“He desperately wanted me to move out with him, but I always refused. The reasons why were numerous. One of the main reasons is that I knew that he would absolutely give me no support as I tried to finish high school.”

Amber finally began to see for herself how the young man she called her boyfriend and with whom she had created a new life was “abusing and manipulating” her.

“He lied constantly about everything. He would keep me up on the phone fighting all night. I see all of this now, but I have to admit it was hard for me to realize how suppressed and horrible I felt at the time,” she said. “I believed that he was my only friend. I didn’t want to believe that he was abusing and manipulating me, but eventually I couldn’t ignore it anymore.”

Amber continued to live with her parents, who supported her and became her lifeline. She returned to school in the fall, completing her entire semester and even managing to keep up her honor-roll grades.

“I didn’t have my friends at that time,” she recounted, “but I knew in the importance of my education.”

With the baby coming in March, Amber cut back on her studies during the spring semester, only taking one class online from her home.

On March 4th, 2011, Jonah Eden Kortekaas was born.

“I went for the natural birth, with no epidural and it didn’t take long before Jonah was in my arms,” she said. “I was elated, but exhausted and emotional.”

“He was perfect, although exhausting. But he was worth it all. He was real, living, breathing, and loving.”

The boyfriend continued to harass Amber and even managed to convince the nurses to let him stay in the hospital with her after the birth of Jonah.

“This turned out to me nothing short of a disaster,” she said. “It went further and further downhill until the last morning I was there.”

On that morning, Amber was scheduled to see a social worker as part of the hospital’s policy for new mothers under the age of 20. The boyfriend, however, was not invited to the meeting.

“When I returned from the meeting, my mom was in the nursery with Jonah and my boyfriend was in Emergency. He had had a ‘panic attack’ on the floor and was taken out.”

A nurse who had witnessed the incident pulled Amber aside saying: “You are doing so well and trying so hard. You can do better than him. Whatever happens, do not leave your baby alone with that boy.”

This was all that Amber needed to hear. She now knew what she had to do.

“There it was, the last devastating blow in our relationship,” she said. “I broke up with him the next day.”

Amber fought for and won custody over her baby, with her ex-boyfriend being granted only supervised access.

With the boyfriend out of the way, Amber recalls that her life “really started getting better.” She began making new friends. She began to understand the purpose of boundaries, which she says helped her in building better relationships with people.

“I began feeling good about myself,” she said.

The young mom says that all her struggles have been worthwhile for the sake of her son.

“The thought that I could have so easily destroyed something so wonderful, still scares me to this day.”

“Yes, I am left out of many things, but I don’t feel as if it is the end of the world. I have a son who loves me, and I love him more than anything. I have fun, and am still enjoying life.”

Amber says that while she “regrets having sex”, she "never regrets her decision to keep her baby. She likes to compare her ‘young and naive’ sexual activity resulting in pregnancy to drinking and then causing a car accident.

[i][u]“To me, the choice is when one decides to drive after drinking. One is responsible for whatever happens after that choice to drive. Likewise, the choice is when one decides to have sex. One is responsible for whatever happens after that choice.”[/i][/u]

Amber saw the entire matter as very simple: Her choice, she says, was when she was with her boyfriend. Once she conceived, there was no longer any “choice”, but simply “responsibility”.

Amber pointed out that while the last two years of her life have been hard, nevertheless, through the challenges she has “become a better person”.

“I feel proud that I was able to take responsibility for my actions, face the consequences and make the best of them.”

“I love my baby. I regret having sex, but I have never regretted keeping my baby. Life doesn’t end when there is an unexpected pregnancy, it begins.”

Editor’s Note: Amber graduated from high school with the help of her Mom who looked after Jonah in the mornings while she attended class. Amber participated in online classes in the evenings while Jonah slept. The young mom looks forward to beginning post-secondary education at the University of Ottawa this September. “I am taking the next step,” she said.

Next you will tell me environment has no reflection on their self worth.

[quote]orion wrote: 99% of all people with Downs syndrome say they are happy with their life?

Like them not being aware of an awful lot of things. [/quote]
[/quote]

It is bound to have some, but if you are happy with yourself and your environment is tiptoing around you, you are most likely retarded or criminally insane and prone to violent outbursts.

And I dont even mean that in a bad way, but what you celebrate I attribute to pity or fear.

[/quote]

According to Pat everyone is pro-death, even you.

I do not know everything about how this life that we are in, but I do know abortion results in the death of an innocent and helpless child every single time.
[/quote]

Correct you don’t know everything. A child starts at birth (dictionary definition) so abortions does not result in the death of a child, but your biased news sites would lead you to believe otherwise. You are no different than the people who believe the great stuff about Barry so its funny you brought that up too.