The 'A.D.' Carb Reload 24 or 48 hrs??

Hey peeps,

I just finished the Velocity Diet with amazing results, I did a 4 week transition instead of the 2 week just to make sure I sucked every last drop out of the results. I lost a total of 32lbs and alot of inches while putting on about 5lbs of LBM.

Anyhow I switched over to the Anabolic Diet and I have been on that for just about a week now, right now Im in the middle of my weekend carbload. Im pretty carb sensitive but I do enjoy carbs. Is it recommended that I do 48 hrs no matter what or can I do a 24 hr carb up?

Also to take into account I am currently injured and I am unable to workout right now, Im waiting to have a CAT scan on my chest tomorrow to see if I need surgery or not.

Please any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Adam

try 7g per lb of lean body mass over a 24 hour period and keep fat very low x<75g

EDIT: If you are not working out you probably don’t need the carbs at all though. You are going to run into spillover if you attempt a traditional carb load and are not depleted.

So until Im able to start lifting and training again you think I should not touch any carbs? Besides of course my Vegis.

Sure you could have your carbs: but then you are not on the AD.

I’m just saying that if you attempt a traditional AD/Cylical Keto carbload in the absence of any kind of training you are going to put fat back on.

If it makes you happy and keeps your sanity in check just run 2 days a week at maintenance with a 50/35/15 or something.

When I typed the previous post about not having any carbs I was refering to it in the since of the weekend carb-up.

But I gotcha man, I will stay strict on the High fat and protein until I can get back into the gym then I will start adding in the carb ups on weekends again.

Also if you have any insite to this would appreciate it as well. I have read that people do 18x bodyweight…and I have read of people ding 18x LBM…Any input on this? Especially since Im injured and cant workout?
Thanks, Adam.

It would depend on your goals.

18x BW or LBM for that matter sounds like surplus for certain.

If you are cutting stick to 10-12x your weight.

[quote]thaiclinch wrote:
When I typed the previous post about not having any carbs I was refering to it in the since of the weekend carb-up.

But I gotcha man, I will stay strict on the High fat and protein until I can get back into the gym then I will start adding in the carb ups on weekends again.

Also if you have any insite to this would appreciate it as well. I have read that people do 18x bodyweight…and I have read of people ding 18x LBM…Any input on this? Especially since Im injured and cant workout?
Thanks, Adam.[/quote]

I reckon you’ll be fine going with no traditional carb load until you can train.

As for your Pro/fat Rx’s I’d just eat your five meals at any size that satisfies you and record what it was you ate that day. Look and see how it adds up.

For example you just eat until you’re full for 4 meals. It adds up to about 2500cals or so [considering you’re coming off the VD]. You keep recording for a week and see how it changes based on “feeling of fullness.” after about a week see how your weight/bf% etc are.

If your weight has gone down or your bf% has gone up then alter cals down by about 200 per week. If your weight has gone down and bf% is the same then alter up. depends on your goals.

But you gotta find out where your whole food metabolism is right now for any nutrition cals [which are usually very broad] and calcs to be useful. Find out what you need.

-chris

A couple of notes:

You said you’ve been on the diet for a week. If so, you should not be carbing up yet; you’re still in the initial 12 day no carb window.

Also, carb ups are a critical part of the diet. Even if you’re not working out, you need to replenish carbs. Depending on how long you’ll be out of the gym, I would suggest following a more traditional carb cycling approach.

It sounds to me like you may need to revisit the AD thread. It covers just about any AD question imagineable. If you truly understand the diet, which you should before beginning it, then you should already have the answer to your question. There is a lot of information on that thread pertaining to the duration of the carb-up.

[quote]whosyobobby wrote:
A couple of notes:

You said you’ve been on the diet for a week. If so, you should not be carbing up yet; you’re still in the initial 12 day no carb window.

Also, carb ups are a critical part of the diet. Even if you’re not working out, you need to replenish carbs. Depending on how long you’ll be out of the gym, I would suggest following a more traditional carb cycling approach.

It sounds to me like you may need to revisit the AD thread. It covers just about any AD question imagineable. If you truly understand the diet, which you should before beginning it, then you should already have the answer to your question. There is a lot of information on that thread pertaining to the duration of the carb-up. [/quote]

Really? are you sure?

Can you explain why carbing up is so critical when you’re not training? Why does he need to replenish carbs? where is his muscle glycogen going?

Unless he masturbates for a hour with weights on his arm I doubt he “needs” to replenish his carbs. As an essentially sedentary individual just off the VD I’d say his aerobic fat burning system is about all the energy system he’ll be able to use.

He’d be better spent getting his fat metabolizing pathways active then throwing down carbohydrates that are not going to be going into the untrained muscle system. If you’re not training you simply do not need more carbs than vegetables and fruit can provide. not a soul on this earth needs them unless they want to gain weight/strength/power.

-chris

Thats an intereesting question Avocado and I would like someone to put more insite into it.
Also Whosyobobby, I have read that you should do the carb up cycle after your 1st 5days on the AD at http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet/

They actually note on that website that some people prefer to do the carb up after 12days, and for some after 5 days and that its mainly a personal preference. So that is the reason for my carb up after just 5 days on the diet.

[quote]thaiclinch wrote:
Thats an intereesting question Avocado and I would like someone to put more insite into it.
Also Whosyobobby, I have read that you should do the carb up cycle after your 1st 5days on the AD at http://stronglifts.com/anabolic-diet/

They actually note on that website that some people prefer to do the carb up after 12days, and for some after 5 days and that its mainly a personal preference. So that is the reason for my carb up after just 5 days on the diet.
[/quote]

Well as interesting as it was it was half [totally] rhetorical. If you are not training you do not need the carb up you may choose a day every so often [10-14 days] where you go over your carb allowance. But not the huge 500g carb LOAD that is Rx’d for growth under training.

As for the 12/5 day issue: Many people believe that a 12 day low carb “break-in” phase is a great help in getting the process of fat adaptation along on its way. this 12 day period is only at the very beginning of the AD and then forgotten unless you have the dubious honor of quitting and restarting the AD.

So if you are already into it and you can train then hit the carb up every 5 days. If you cant train then get your meat and veggies going strong everyday until you can train. after your first week of training, hit the oat meal.

Be sure not to do any shit that doesn’t have logic or make sense either, like carb up without training.

good luck on your back issue sir,

-chris

Thanks so much for the fast response man, and I will certainly stick to my meat and vegis/fat diet until I can train again.
Right now Im doing

2scoop Meatbolic Drive low carb w/ vitamin d milk in the morning,
5 lbs of 80/20 beef cooked in 3 tbsp of cocunut oil with steamed vegis stir fried in, this makes my 4 mid size meals through out the day, and I finish with another meatbolic low carb shake with vitamin d milk.

My calories are just at 3000 right now with 60% fat and 40% protein. I dont count the carbs from my vegis,.

[quote]thaiclinch wrote:
Thanks so much for the fast response man, and I will certainly stick to my meat and vegis/fat diet until I can train again.
Right now Im doing

2scoop Meatbolic Drive low carb w/ vitamin d milk in the morning,
5 lbs of 80/20 beef cooked in 3 tbsp of cocunut oil with steamed vegis stir fried in, this makes my 4 mid size meals through out the day, and I finish with another meatbolic low carb shake with vitamin d milk.

My calories are just at 3000 right now with 60% fat and 40% protein. I dont count the carbs from my vegis,.[/quote]

Strong.

Watch out for the excess vitamin D. An excess in fat soluable vitamins can cause depositing on your liver and lead to liver issues [cancer etc]. So just watch the Vit D intake and maybe mix with water every odd shake.

Really good plan though with the 5 lbs of beef straight up with veg and nothing else. A good way to stay on track and know when you are not eating what you’re “supposed” to. At the cost of meat I’m thinking of switching to ground beef and staying low in the budget.

-chris

Thanks man,
Yeah I find that this keeps it nice and simple. I dont have to guess on what to eat and considering Im injured and cant lift right now this “Book end” style with all good fat and vegis and protein should work pretty well. Thanks for the input on the Vitamin D, I didnt even really think about it. Ill start doing my night shake with H2O Instead of whole milk.
Thanks, Adam.

[quote]thaiclinch wrote:
Thanks man,
Yeah I find that this keeps it nice and simple. I dont have to guess on what to eat and considering Im injured and cant lift right now this “Book end” style with all good fat and vegis and protein should work pretty well. Thanks for the input on the Vitamin D, I didnt even really think about it. Ill start doing my night shake with H2O Instead of whole milk.
Thanks, Adam.[/quote]

No worries dude, but my name’s not Adam? ;D

Oh man, worst joke ever, my bad.

In other news: your milk is low carb right? k good. regular milk will fuck your insulin insensitive ass [and mine].

Be sure to cash in on some liquid omega 3 [only 3 mind you. no 6 or 9] fish oil while you’re at it. Nothing at all in my experience helps better at recouping injuries and helping you lose fat and gain health.

Its also orange flavour so its like a sweet treat after a day of savory beef stirfry.

-chris