The 915 Workout Program Questions

Alright everyone,

I’m a beginner when it comes to power lifting, spent alot of time fucking about not really following programs just doing the big lifts and other stuff ive enjoyed. Well finally after a year of "fucking about " ive started 915 training, hoping to get to 2x bw sqaut and deadlift and 1.5 bw for bench as a first goal(very close with bench deadlift getting closer just grip struggling squat a good way away cus of an ankle rupture earlier in the year), but i was wondering if it would be best to do this programme and repeat it or do it once and then try and cut my weight down, (overweight tbh at the minute).

And i was also wondering when he says in the article its benifit to follow this with a body building article. What kind of body building programme, i know its weeks off yet, but id rather be prepared and understand it before it gets to close and i just end up going back to fucking about haha,
Cheers in advance for any replies.
Appologies for spelling and such

Thanks

[quote]Shrews wrote:
i was wondering if it would be best to do this programme and repeat it or do it once and then try and cut my weight down, (overweight tbh at the minute).[/quote]
What’s your current height and weight?

Whether you want to cut fat is up to you. If your primary goal is to build strength, then sticking to the program and dialing in your nutrition (not necessarily cutting back) should be fine. You could consider adding some easy walking on the non-lifting days if you wanted to do a bit of basic conditioning without interfering with the strength work.

From the article:
“I’ve had people get great results doing a more typical bodybuilding routine (a Meadows program) for 3 weeks between strength cycles.”

So anything based on John Meadows’ work. I believe some splits Meadows often uses are: Chest/shoulders, off, back, off, arms, legs, off. Or Legs, chest/shoulders (heavy), off, back, chest/shoulders (pump), arms, off.

But really, any bodypart split would be fine.

Thanks for the reply, currently i am (i’ll do all this in imperial as its mostly Americans on here )

5,9 231 pounds, dlift 1 rep max 422 (all calculations from repping) bench 302.5 and squat is lagging from ankle injury but up to 371.

LIke i said these are all using 3 rep max and using calculator. As i currently don’t train with any one so these are what im ok doing for 3 with no spotter.

The walking sounds good, im going to do the full 9 weeks programme, but i was wondering if i would be able to get a sprint or boxing session in there, and if it would have a negative effect, if so i can wait till after the 9 weeks.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated thanks,

[quote]Shrews wrote:
The walking sounds good, im going to do the full 9 weeks programme, but i was wondering if i would be able to get a sprint or boxing session in there, and if it would have a negative effect, if so i can wait till after the 9 weeks.[/quote]
I’d start with the walking until the plan is over.

It’ll build a very simple conditioning base, won’t aggravate your ankle, and won’t interfere with the lifting so you can do it basically as often as you feel like. With sprints or hard boxing sessions, you’d have to account for the lifting sessions and more carefully monitor the what/when/how hard of it all.

You’re definitely a big dude, so lifting hard, eating smart, plus some regular walks should help drop some fat along the way.

Cheers for the advice, will start walking tomorrow,