T Nation

The $64,000 Question

Here is a topic that needs to be addressed:

Why is are AAS a bad choice for young people looking to get bigger? I’d like to hear what you think scientifically, and ethically? Also, at what age does AAS use become a viable option for attaining the goals a lifter has made for him or herself?

I realize that this question has been answered in snippets all across this board, but this is a question I have been asked by friends a million times and I feel it deserves its own thread. I have my own opinions on the topic, but I would really like to hear your input on the matter.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1754900

3rd post down follow the link. Listen to the Cy Wilson [#8] audio clip

Have ‘all the snippets accross the baord’ not answered your question enough?

This question does not deserve its own thread as it has been answered in great detail many many times before.

P.S. I think the clip you want is clip number 11, which is DP clip #8 just in case you hit the wrong one

[quote]Electric_E wrote:
Have ‘all the snippets accross the baord’ not answered your question enough?

This question does not deserve its own thread as it has been answered in great detail many many times before.

P.S. I think the clip you want is clip number 11, which is DP clip #8 just in case you hit the wrong one[/quote]

I agree. However there was just a thread that was basically all about how steroids are ok for ‘mature’ teenagers. And it wasn’t just the dumbass teenagers claiming this. So I can understand the confusion.

It’s not that teens can’t cycle intelligently and make the gains they’re after safely, it’s just that 90 percent of the time they don’t. This could be for reasons of either physiology or just stupid decisions.

Then they become the poster child for ‘why steroids are bad.’ The general public doesn’t seem to differentiate between a teen and an adult in these matters.

It just isn’t beneficial to anyone to not try to discourage them.