The 405 OHP Thread

Forever alone…

LOL

How is it even possible for a human being to press 405? Crazy strength.

i’m game. i recently hit a 315x5 with a little leg drive but they were all from the chest and dead stop. it will definitely take awhile but my goal is an overhead press of 405 at a bodyweight under 240.

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
i’m game. [/quote]

I’ve been expecting you.

I’m in, okay lets discuss training methods. My current plan for this particular goal… just giving up.

Obviously in for the long haul

I’m in just to watch this thread and see meat hit 405. Will be awesome to see.

I can’t even press bw yet so obvi not in this thread for realz.

[quote]Jab1 wrote:
I’m in just to watch this thread and see meat hit 405. Will be awesome to see.

I can’t even press bw yet so obvi not in this thread for realz.[/quote]

you might wanna grab a chair. i’m not even in the same galaxy as Dizenzio as a lifter but it’s one of my goals and i’ll plug away until it happens.

my goal is an overhead press of 405 at a bodyweight under 240.
[/quote]

lol, insane!

What are your long term/ lifetime goals in the PL lifts?

I’m honored by this thread. Funny stuff guys. Meat, I look forward to following your progress. I can’t wait to see you hit that 405 one day. I love the video of Josh. He’s just so crazy strong. Wish he never got injured and set back. It would have been crazy to see what he could have accomplished. He was good in every lift. Plus he had that whole leg drive thing down in the OHP. I never really trained the lift that’s why I stuck with the strict press.

[quote]vdizenzo wrote:
I’m honored by this thread. Funny stuff guys. Meat, I look forward to following your progress. I can’t wait to see you hit that 405 one day. I love the video of Josh. He’s just so crazy strong. Wish he never got injured and set back. It would have been crazy to see what he could have accomplished. He was good in every lift. Plus he had that whole leg drive thing down in the OHP. I never really trained the lift that’s why I stuck with the strict press.[/quote]

i’m honored that you would even mention my name in one of your posts. I’ve followed your powerlifting closely and am a huge fan. Your bench strength is insane. I’m currently chasing a mid 500 raw competition bench. your 600 is just rediculious.

Well this has been humbling. I’ve seen most of these videos, but they’re as impressive each time.

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

my goal is an overhead press of 405 at a bodyweight under 240.
[/quote]

lol, insane!

What are your long term/ lifetime goals in the PL lifts?[/quote]

-get down and stay in the 242 weight class.

-bench press 600 raw

-total elite equipped but do it raw

-squat and deadlift over 700 in the same meet.

-compete in bodybuilding again at some point.

-total elite equipped but do it raw
[/quote]
LOL x2

Awesome lifting guys! I’m trying to get a bodyweight OHP (100kg) and my best so far is 85kg! I’m in…but it might be a decade or so before I hit 405lbs!

[quote]dave14 wrote:
…but it might be a decade or so before I hit 405lbs![/quote]

Time well spent!