The 40 Year Old Virgin

It looked great from the previews. everyone I know that saw it loved it. I’ve gotta go see it.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
It looked great from the previews. everyone I know that saw it loved it. I’ve gotta go see it.[/quote]

Yeah, you do… It’s a rediculous comedy, a buddy movie, and a romantic comedy rolled into one.

The friendship of the quartet was definitely believable.

Also, I saw on E! that most of the scenes were improvised ala’ Christopher Guest style movies. Of course it’s not set up like a documentary, but they said that they would do the scene as it was written, then the next takes would be them improvising through the same set-up.

I recognized the store manager as one of Christopher Guests’ regular troope, and wasn’t surprised to learn that she improvised all of her dialogue…

Good stuff, great movie…

[quote]elevationgain wrote:
Also, I saw on E! that most of the scenes were improvised ala’ Christopher Guest style movies. Of course it’s not set up like a documentary, but they said that they would do the scene as it was written, then the next takes would be them improvising through the same set-up.
[/quote]

Yes, you definitely realize that during the waxing scene. They were all trying not to laugh but were cracking up, and the stuff he said was hilarious!

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Yes, you definitely realize that during the waxing scene. They were all trying not to laugh but were cracking up, and the stuff he said was hilarious![/quote]

Yes. He really was getting his chest hair waxed.