The 4 Essential Components?

hello, i am helping a friend out to create a free "bodybuilding 101" kinda thing. I'm responsible for the layout not the content but he asked my advice on something. He wants to break down the 4 essential components of bodybuilding training. He says they are:

Progressive strength training / Nutrition & diet / Cardio / Mobility & flexibility

(of course you can see he’s skipping the mental aspects such as determination and discipline)

Personally i don’t find that mobility and flexibility are Essential (apart from warm-ups and cool downs). Just looking for some other opinions.

training
food
sleep
posting on the internet

I just can come up with a dick y unos pinches huevos.

Wait for the I, BODYBUILDER program to come out and pass it along to your friend as your won program that you invented/laid out :slight_smile:

Eat a Surplus
Train progressive
Rest sufficiently
Repeat for years

I think the instead of M&F the 4th component should be Steroidz.

eat sleep lift…cant be any more difficult than that.

Frequency, Intensity, Duration, Diet

squats
milk
lack of curls
Chad Waterbury

Do like a word mix where you can combine them various ways

often
lift
eat
heavy

lift
heavy
eat
often

lift
often
eat
heavy

heavy
often
eat
lift

[quote]Bingbeast wrote:
hello, i am helping a friend out to create a free “bodybuilding 101” kinda thing. I’m responsible for the layout not the content but he asked my advice on something. He wants to break down the 4 essential components of bodybuilding training. He says they are:

Progressive strength training / Nutrition & diet / Cardio / Mobility & flexibility

(of course you can see he’s skipping the mental aspects such as determination and discipline)

Personally i don’t find that mobility and flexibility are Essential (apart from warm-ups and cool downs). Just looking for some other opinions.[/quote]

You could easily argue that mobility & flexibility AND cardio are not ESSENTIAL. But what is the purpose of this thing. Is it for a school project, or are you trying to sell it? And who is the target audience (real “hardcore” bodybuilders, or just average joe’s looking to gain muscle?)

These things matter. And if you are hoping to make this into a product that is going to make money, I hope you have something unique to offer and not just the 4 essential components.

Cardio sucks. Doing cardio does nothing except making you better at doing cardio…
IMHO doing some mobility & flexibility work is like 10’000 times more important than doing cardio, since it will keep you healthy and will make it possible to work out for a loooong time without becoming a cripple.
I thing the mental aspect IS essential.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
training
food
sleep
posting on the internet[/quote]

That was actually pretty damn funny. Nice.

1. Human body doesn’t want to change.

2. To force change you have to provide a stimulus that is sufficient enough for the body to have the need for change.

3. Change costs energy and needs recovery.

Hence change = stimulus + energy + recovery.

Go from here.

It’s not for a school project and it will not be sold. I think he may be using it as a free manual or something to give his clients (he’s a trainer). I am just doing the graphic design of the book.

When he asked my opinion, I said it should only be 2 essential components . . . Pounds and Calories . . .
How many pounds you lift and how many calories you eat/burn/ from where etc.

Never
Eat
Shredded
Wheat

Please
Excuse
My
Dear
Aunt
Sally

haha…wtf?!

Work like a dog