The 3rd Law of Muscle

Just so Im clear…one shouldnt stop using SURGE Recovery while on SURGE Workout fuel correct?

If you’re already taking beta alanine, how much should you reduce it if you add the new SURGE Workout Fuel? Or should extra BA be eliminated altogether?

[quote]relentless2120 wrote:
also how would one take this if they were also using SURGE Recovery and another whey post workout? can the SURGE Recovery and SURGE Workout Fuel be taken together or should one be taken before the other?[/quote]

If you’re training hard enough, use Surge Workout Fuel prior to and during training. Then use Surge Recovery after training.

No way! It’s finally here!

[quote]Asherlc wrote:
If you’re already taking beta alanine, how much should you reduce it if you add the new SURGE Workout Fuel? Or should extra BA be eliminated altogether?[/quote]

I’d save Beta-7 for other times of the day since there’s an ample supply of Beta-alanine in Surge Workout Fuel to support training.

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
Can I stack this with Flameout?[/quote]

Surge Workout Fuel can be used with all other Biotest supplements.

Can we simplify the directions for consuming this? Do I take 1 scoop or 2 scoops for the pre/peri workout drink? THen post workout have SURGE Recovery? This would replace a peri workout protein/carb mixture? Obviously for the price I’d want to extend it as long as possible, so is a serving 1 scoop or 2 and how many scoops are necessary?

[quote]veetz22 wrote:
Can we simplify the directions for consuming this? Do I take 1 scoop or 2 scoops for the pre/peri workout drink? THen post workout have SURGE Recovery? This would replace a peri workout protein/carb mixture? Obviously for the price I’d want to extend it as long as possible, so is a serving 1 scoop or 2 and how many scoops are necessary?[/quote]

Simply consume 2 scoops per hour, beginning 15 minutes prior to training.

When using Surge Workout Fuel, save Surge Recovery for PWO use.

With regard to how to use SURGE Workout Fuel if already accustomed to SURGE Recovery, the below is what I do.

Note, I’m not part of the development team of the SURGE Workout Fuel nor is what I’m saying based on results with anyone but myself, whereas the product is formulated based on results of a lot of subjects. So my reply should not be taken as official. It’s just what I do – and also sounds as if it may be similar to what you’re talking about that CT did.

The SURGE Workout Fuel deliberately does not contain added protein or whey hydrolysate. The emphasis is on maximizing performance of athletes while using it, and aiding their recovery in the various ways mentioned, rather than it being a focus to improve whatever hypertrophy they might achieve from the training or event (for many athletes, the sport is not how they achieve hypertrophy.)

In very many cases hydration is a limiting aspect of performance. These athletes will not perform better in their sport from having whey hydrolysate or other protein added to the mix. In many cases it would be a compromise for them.

Exactly how important it is to have the whey hydrolysate while actually working out instead of just before and after, I don’t know. But for those of us who are paranoid, dropping it can be a little scary.

When I began evaluating SURGE Workout Fuel (quite late in the process) Tim discussed with me at length what I was already doing as well as how I train and what he came up with was that on account of my being accustomed to more carbs during training than was provided from the SURGE Workout Fuel alone, to use both the SURGE Workout Fuel and have half a FINiBAR per hour.

I did this and it was completely successful. I was definitely very pleased.

Having established it was successful, now I was free to see if varying this might be even better for me.

What I have come up with is this:

Regardless of what the workout will be like or whether I am cutting or gaining, the label instructions for the SURGE Workout Fuel are followed, except for the sipping part. I take 1/2 scoop 15 minutes pre-workout (and a Spike Shooter); then 2 scoops per hour; then 1 scoop post-workout. In all cases with 10 ounces water per scoop.

The 2 scoops per hour means, in my case, that if it’s a 1 hour workout, then I drink 2 scoops at the start of the workout. If it’s a 2 hour workout, then another 2 scoops at the 1 hour point.

Now what will vary is how this may be added to.

The post-workout shake always includes 2 scoops of SURGE Recovery as well, with additional water to account for that. It may also include half a scoop of Grow! Whey, depending.

The pre-workout and (if applicable) midworkout shakes may contain up to 2 scoops of SURGE Recovery, and/or may contain Grow! Whey. Or I may use the exact approach Tim provided. It all depends on the situation.

How much added carbs and added protein there is depends on workload of the particular workout and what I am trying to accomplish at the moment with diet. For example, today was just calves and biceps for an hour. The total foot-pounds of work in that is not very great, because calf work moves the weight such a short distance. In other words, not a whole lot of calories are being expended. So it was only the SURGE Workout Fuel and half-a-scoop of Grow! Whey in the preworkout shake.

But the other day for squats and DL’s, it was the full monte as the total work was much greater.

does it matter if additional water is consumed during the workout? will this effect how the SURGE Workout Fuel is absorbed since the label specifies to mix with 20 ounces of water?

Bill, thank you very much for such a detailed reply, I really appreciate it. I’ve been doing the “double SURGE Recovery” for quite a while, and I was simply trying to figure out where the SURGE Workout Fuel would be added in. . . and I immediately though of CT’s prescription during USCTrojan’s Physique Clinic. It looks like with everything there will be a trial period where we figure out what will work out best for all of us.

Does the SURGE Workout Fuel need to be taken on an empty stomach, or could I eat a meal approximately an 60-90 minutes pre-workout?

Thanks again!

-Matt

[quote]relentless2120 wrote:
does it matter if additional water is consumed during the workout? will this effect how the SURGE Workout Fuel is absorbed since the label specifies to mix with 20 ounces of water? [/quote]

The recommended amount of fluid is to ensure proper hydration, but it can be adjusted to personal preference.

Matt, I don’t know of any comparisons regarding food-in-stomach or not. I personally always use it at least 2 hours after anything except my 45-minutes-before-workout Power Drive (and other supplements) and the 15 minute-before-workout Spike Shooter.

It does work fine with a FINiBAR though (I have tried that as have others) so it’s not an absolute rule of nothing solid.

This is getting expensive. I think I’ll try 2 scoops, mixed with 10oz.

6.45 drink 2oz
7.00 2oz workout begins
7.15 2oz
7.30 2oz
7.45 2oz
8.00 SURGE Recovery workout ends

Opinions please.
Bill said BCAA can be omitted pre and during workout, how should I adjust acordingly.

Opinions please.
Bill said BCAA can be omitted pre and during workout, how should I adjust acordingly.[/quote]

So BCAA’s can be dropped peri workout? Or would there still be benefit to take them? Or is that just a waste of money if you are already taking SURGE Workout Fuel?

[quote]BeforeIforget wrote:
redgladiator wrote:

Opinions please.
Bill said BCAA can be omitted pre and during workout, how should I adjust acordingly.

So BCAA’s can be dropped peri workout? Or would there still be benefit to take them? Or is that just a waste of money if you are already taking SURGE Workout Fuel?[/quote]

Hey don’t quote me on that, I think I’m still taking BCAA before and after but I don’t know how much.

Bill, thanks for the reply. As always, great info.

Here is my gameplan for morning workouts. If anyone has better ideas, I’m all for them.

Spike pill and ReceptorMax washed down with water immediately upon waking. Begin sipping SURGE Workout Fuel (1/2 scoop) and consume with 1/2 FINiBAR (I’m hooked on the FINiBARs for morning workouts-doesn’t wake my 2 year old like a blender does and it is easily digestible).

For a standard hour workout, 2 scoops of SURGE Workout Fuel. Immediately post workout, 1/2 scoop of SURGE Workout Fuel with 2 scoops of SURGE Recovery.

This is getting expensive. I think I’ll try 2 scoops, mixed with 10oz.

6.45 drink 2oz
7.00 2oz workout begins
7.15 2oz
7.30 2oz
7.45 2oz
8.00 SURGE Recovery workout ends

Opinions please.
Bill said BCAA can be omitted pre and during workout, how should I adjust acordingly.[/quote]

I don’t think you need to be that obsessive. Just begin sipping 15 minutes prior to training. If you notice that you’re not consuming much, drink more. Overall, it will average out to the numbers you posted.

Two scoops with only 10 ounces of water is likely to be a bit too concentrated for most people’s taste. I recommend starting with the recommended 10 ounces of water per scoop and adjust from there.

There’s no point in getting carried away with extreme changes to the recommended use before you’ve even tried Surge Workout Fuel as recommended. Besides, the recommended use is based on the feedback of professional athletes using the product over the past two years.

I can’t wait to try this!

[quote]BeforeIforget wrote:
redgladiator wrote:

Opinions please.

So BCAA’s can be dropped peri workout? Or would there still be benefit to take them? Or is that just a waste of money if you are already taking SURGE Workout Fuel?[/quote]

I recommend trying Surge Workout Fuel alone to begin.

If you’re like most of the athletes that have been using the product, you won’t see a need to take BCAA at the same time.