The 315 OHP Thread

Not throwing my hat in, because of where I would be starting, but I am definitely interested in people’s methods for increasing OH press.
It is, by far, my favorite exercise. And, at times, the hardest to move up.

VTBalla, nice rep at 265#!

i’m not sure where my one rep press is right now but i definitely enjoy all kinds of overhead pressing. tonight i hit 275x5 on my top set. i will also throw in a vid of one of my favorite overhead pressing accessory movements. it’s basically a top end press from the top of the head. i find that if i force my elbows out it really hits the medial head the traps. i do these after my main overhead movement. i keep them very strict. they have also helped my lockout power.

i’ve also been cutting a good bit of blubber lately. i weighed in at 239 before this session tonight.

I hit 230 in May at 270bw. Dropping some fat now, but planning for 275 by year’s end.
Count me in.

Thanks Strick!

Dang Meat, you are lookin trim there buddy. Nice pressing, as always. That top end work looks brutal for the triceps. I have gotten a lot of carryover from floor press to my bench, and I imagine the top end OHP would be the same type of thing, so definitely worth a try.

Boss: Consider yourself in. Good luck!

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
To which bet are you referring?[/quote]
something about “every 10 rounds”[/quote]

hahaha…we are going to Atlantic City this Saturday, so I’ll win it then. I actually hope I lose the first bet so I can convince her to up the ante. I would be quite comfortable betting $100 that the 5 will not land on the roulette wheel within 10 spins. Hell I’d bet any amount I had on me!

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

hahaha…we are going to Atlantic City this Saturday, so I’ll win it then. I actually hope I lose the first bet so I can convince her to up the ante. I would be quite comfortable betting $100 that the 5 will not land on the roulette wheel within 10 spins. Hell I’d bet any amount I had on me![/quote]

Yeah, she isn’t the brightest crayon in the box…

[quote]scj119 wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

hahaha…we are going to Atlantic City this Saturday, so I’ll win it then. I actually hope I lose the first bet so I can convince her to up the ante. I would be quite comfortable betting $100 that the 5 will not land on the roulette wheel within 10 spins. Hell I’d bet any amount I had on me![/quote]

Yeah, she isn’t the brightest crayon in the box…[/quote]
LOL

I’m in hit 240 for bodyweight press a couple of months ago I feel pretty strict as well. As far as 315 I don’t know but possibl y within the next two years? There ain’t nothing like putting some heavy weights over your head my favorite lift by far.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
I’m in hit 240 for bodyweight press a couple of months ago I feel pretty strict as well. As far as 315 I don’t know but possibl y within the next two years? There ain’t nothing like putting some heavy weights over your head my favorite lift by far. [/quote]

Matty! I was hopin you would show up…got ya buddy

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
I’m in hit 240 for bodyweight press a couple of months ago I feel pretty strict as well. As far as 315 I don’t know but possibl y within the next two years? There ain’t nothing like putting some heavy weights over your head my favorite lift by far. [/quote]

Matty! I was hopin you would show up…got ya buddy[/quote]

No doubt bro, this should be fun.

Nice, I’m in. This falls into my current medium-term goal: BW 200, OHP 300, Bench 400, Squat 500, Pull 600.

I got 225 over a year ago (@224 BW), peaked at 245 about exactly a year ago, and have not been training OHP since. Its the only lift that gives me crazy exertion headaches.

I cant give an estimate on when Ill hit this, cuz I just havent trained it much, ever. When I have, its been 5/3/1, which I am finally getting back to. Hopefully it gets me there.

It’s not 315, but does it still qualify? I am always proud to pimp this lift. I used to love to ohp, but have gotten away from it a bit to focus on my bench. Interestingly, my bench brings up my ohp, not so much the other way around.

[quote]vdizenzo wrote:
It’s not 315, but does it still qualify? I am always proud to pimp this lift. I used to love to ohp, but have gotten away from it a bit to focus on my bench. Interestingly, my bench brings up my ohp, not so much the other way around.

[/quote]

I saw someone link this vid in another thread just recently. Major respect for that lift; just as cool as your bench achievements in my opinion. I bet the 400+ OHP club is quite small.

[quote]mkral55 wrote:
Nice, I’m in. This falls into my current medium-term goal: BW 200, OHP 300, Bench 400, Squat 500, Pull 600.

I got 225 over a year ago (@224 BW), peaked at 245 about exactly a year ago, and have not been training OHP since. Its the only lift that gives me crazy exertion headaches.

I cant give an estimate on when Ill hit this, cuz I just havent trained it much, ever. When I have, its been 5/3/1, which I am finally getting back to. Hopefully it gets me there. [/quote]

Got ya man…the internet will be here for a while

[quote]vdizenzo wrote:

[/quote]

I can’t remember where I saw this video, but it was the other part of what inspired me to make this thread. Awesome lifting

[quote]vdizenzo wrote:

[/quote]
you are part of what makes my inspirations whole

[quote]vdizenzo wrote:

[/quote]

One of the most amazing lifts I’ve ever seen. You’re a huge inspiration to me.

I’m over 225 but really too far away to be in the running for 315.

Come on DD. I’m only at 230. You and I can have the TN race within the race.

[quote]vdizenzo wrote:

Way too much lean-back. You’re going to kill yourself!