T Nation

The 315 OHP Thread

The resurrection of the 2 plate OHP thread today inspired me to make this thread.

I don’t know how many people on here will want to be part of it, but I think the OHP is one of the most bad ass exercises you can do (I think I like it more than bench!)…so for that reason, and for those of us who have already eclipsed the 2 plate mark, let’s race to 3!

I hit a 265 back in April, which was bodyweight at the time after dieting for about 14 weeks. Putting on some size now and will not be focusing on 1 RM for a while, but should be able to get a lot stronger over the next few months and hope to hit it by the end of the year.

vidizenzo - 405 (December 2008)
MarauderMeat - 275x5+, 315x?, 295x9
VTBalla34 - 265 (April 2012)
deadlift665 - 265 (June 2012)
mkral55 - 245 (June 2011)
MattyXL - 240 (April 2012)
Spar4tee - 235 (June 2012)
BossKean - 230 (May 2012)
Adam-F - Unknown

Also, as people post, I will go back and edit my first post and add those who are part of the race and keep it updated so we can keep track.

Post your current lift, when you hit it, and when you expect to hit the 315. Also if it tickles your fancy, you can also add bodyweight, training methods, supplements, masturbation frequency…anything you think is relevant to the thread!

Also, keep in mind we are talking about OHP here…none of this sitting bullshit, unless you also sit down to pee…not a form nazi, but dont turn it into a standing incline press either. Videos are appreciated.

Fuck it, sign me up. I masturbate frequently. Ha!

Seriously, I need to re-test my max first - I will re-edit my post once I have tested where my max is at!

I agree the OHP is a bad ass movement!!

I’m in with 235 strict (a week or so ago). Will this be dedicated to strict press or all OH variations?

strict only! (I say anyway)

I’m a rank newbie at this point but fuck it, I’m in. I’ll test Wednesday (next day I’m doing OHP). I expect to be horribly ashamed–I’d be ecstatic at 185 right now for a 1RM. But overhead work is my favorite work.

want 315 strict @ ~240 … dem wilks

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I’m in with 235 strict (a week or so ago). Will this be dedicated to strict press or all OH variations?[/quote]

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
…not a form nazi, but dont turn it into a standing incline press either. [/quote]

[quote]paulwhite959 wrote:
I’m a rank newbie at this point but fuck it, I’m in. I’ll test Wednesday (next day I’m doing OHP). I expect to be horribly ashamed–I’d be ecstatic at 185 right now for a 1RM. But overhead work is my favorite work.[/quote]

You’re more than welcome to join mate, but perhaps you would find the 225 quest more beneficial for now?

But if not, let me know and I will add you for sure.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I’m in with 235 strict (a week or so ago). Will this be dedicated to strict press or all OH variations?[/quote]

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
…not a form nazi, but dont turn it into a standing incline press either. [/quote]
[/quote]
I was referring to the status of push presses and jerks mostly

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I was referring to the status of push presses and jerks mostly[/quote]

No pushing pressing and no jerking. Strict(ish) OHP.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
I was referring to the status of push presses and jerks mostly[/quote]

No pushing pressing and no jerking. Strict(ish) OHP. [/quote]
wooooooot

How did you guys do your programming to get to these OHP numbers?

The simple 5x5 or 3x5, 1-2x a week?

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
No pushing pressing and no jerking. Strict(ish) OHP. [/quote]

Bonus points for starting from the ground!

[quote]Ethan7X wrote:

[/quote]
My OHP’ing is very irregular. No real programming.

I thought that one was over :slight_smile: If it’s still active yeah I’ll go there. Start moderate I guess (fuck small, but I’ll concede moderate).

[quote]Ethan7X wrote:

[/quote]

Day 1: Steak
Day 2: Steak
Day 3: Steak

Can you guess what Day 7 is ?

Training wise, I just ues 5-3-1.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

[quote]Ethan7X wrote:

[/quote]

Day 1: Steak
Day 2: Steak
Day 3: Steak

Can you guess what Day 7 is ?

Training wise, I just ues 5-3-1.[/quote]
4 day extrapolation seems risky brah. Btw did you win the bet?

To which bet are you referring?

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:
To which bet are you referring?[/quote]
something about “every 10 rounds”