The 100 Items to Disappear First

[quote]SkyNett wrote:
I’m just going to post in this thread so I can dig it up in 4 or 5 years and laugh.

If it’s not 8 years of the left bashing the shit out of GWB, it’s going to be ( at least) 4 years of the butt-hurt right trying to insist the country will be plummeting into full-fledged civil war due to the incredible incompetence of Obama…

It’s the same stupid, vicious, totally unproductive cycle that only total idiots engage in…[/quote]

Yes, like those idiots who raised concerns over a Caligula or Nero. There’s really nothing to be concerned about. I mean countries exist forever right? Borders never change. We’ll always be capitalists and freedom will reign unchallenged. Sorry, I tend to take threats to my way of life seriously when they’re uttered by men in power.

mike

[quote]borrek wrote:
tGunslinger wrote:

What do you think will happen when large portions of Americans feel that a gov’t (that they do not support) is making policy (that they do not agree with) that is costing them their jobs, their retirement, and their quality of life?

They’ll vote for a Democrat…
[/quote]

LOL.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
SkyNett wrote:
I’m just going to post in this thread so I can dig it up in 4 or 5 years and laugh.

If it’s not 8 years of the left bashing the shit out of GWB, it’s going to be ( at least) 4 years of the butt-hurt right trying to insist the country will be plummeting into full-fledged civil war due to the incredible incompetence of Obama…

It’s the same stupid, vicious, totally unproductive cycle that only total idiots engage in…

Yes, like those idiots who raised concerns over a Caligula or Nero. There’s really nothing to be concerned about. I mean countries exist forever right? Borders never change. We’ll always be capitalists and freedom will reign unchallenged. Sorry, I tend to take threats to my way of life seriously when they’re uttered by men in power.

mike[/quote]

Don’t dare refer to something as worthless as human history. It can’t teach us anything…

On a different note, preparation is not entirely about Obama and the mess he is making. There are always things like blizzards and hurricanes that can leave you on your own for a few days or longer. Can’t argue against a little reasonable readiness.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
pittbulll wrote:
Frightening

Shaking in my boots, really. [/quote]

Me too Really

[quote]borrek wrote:
tGunslinger wrote:

What do you think will happen when large portions of Americans feel that a gov’t (that they do not support) is making policy (that they do not agree with) that is costing them their jobs, their retirement, and their quality of life?

They’ll vote for a Democrat…
[/quote]

well said

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
tGunslinger wrote:
Does this look like an overwhelming Obama victory to you?

McCain winning more counties means dick. Are you honestly this stupid? [/quote]

I know of a county in S.Da. McCain won that has 100 people in it

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:

mike[/quote]

Well said…

Barack is one slick pimp, and all his giddy whores are finding out he is just a cruel overlord.

So all you politicians and members of the media, put on your cheap lipstick and keep working the streets for your pimp.

We’ll sweep the streets clean when the new sheriff arrives.

[quote]JD430 wrote:

On a different note, preparation is not entirely about Obama and the mess he is making. There are always things like blizzards and hurricanes that can leave you on your own for a few days or longer. Can’t argue against a little reasonable readiness.[/quote]

Absolutely. I stay prepared because I know how fast the shelves of Safeway can clear out. I also know how fast people can turn into beasts when fighting over a gallon of bottled water.

I also stay prepared because you don’t always know when you’re going to get laid off. I’ve also seen people get arrested randomly. I stay prepared because in North Idaho you can hit a patch of ice of the freeway and be stuck on your own in the snow for a few days.

I have a 8 week old baby as well as a wife and am the sole provider for my family. I stay prepared because they NEED me.

mike

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:
tGunslinger wrote:
Does this look like an overwhelming Obama victory to you?

McCain winning more counties means dick. Are you honestly this stupid? [/quote]

I had hoped that all of us were beyond the concept of population density. That is apparently not the case.

Try a little harder to understand what I’m saying.

Study some history, and you’ll see that many, if not most, instances of violent civil unrest share common trends. Look around the U.S., and you’ll see many of those trends are occurring right here, right now.

The cherry on top, the straw that breaks the camel’s back, the raindrop that starts the flood, the match that ignites the fire would be if large people lose their quality of life, they then blame the government for it, and they feel they have no recourse under the rules of the system.

Read that last part again. That was what those maps were for. To illustrate to you that a landslide Obama victory could be borne out of a nation that was hardly of one mind. That Pennsylvania could be a runaway winner for Obama despite much of the state voting against him. That Missouri damn near went for Obama because of one county. Toss in Indiana, Washington, and Oregon as well. They were similar stories.

Which better represents the desires of Indiana? Of Pennsylvania or Missouri? Of America? Is it the tiny specks of blue, or the giant swaths or red? There is no right answer, here.

They are becoming increasingly polarized, and the rural red is becoming increasingly marginalized, despite the fact that the aggregate population of both blue and red is practically equal.

“No Taxation Without Representation!” Does that ring a bell? Do you understand what I’m getting at, now? It goes much deeper than population density.

This rise of two distinct, irreconcilable Americas is a recent phenomenon. When one of the two Americas has lost their quality of life and feels their government is no longer listening to them, we’ve got trouble. And we are not far away from either of those two things occurring.

You snicker at the idea that civil unrest could happen here. But why can’t it?

[quote]tGunslinger wrote:

I had hoped that all of us were beyond the concept of population density. That is apparently not the case.

Try a little harder to understand what I’m saying.

Study some history, and you’ll see that many, if not most, instances of violent civil unrest share common trends. Look around the U.S., and you’ll see many of those trends are occurring right here, right now.

The cherry on top, the straw that breaks the camel’s back, the raindrop that starts the flood, the match that ignites the fire would be if large people lose their quality of life, they then blame the government for it, and they feel they have no recourse under the rules of the system.

Read that last part again. That was what those maps were for. To illustrate to you that a landslide Obama victory could be borne out of a nation that was hardly of one mind. That Pennsylvania could be a runaway winner for Obama despite much of the state voting against him. That Missouri damn near went for Obama because of one county. Toss in Indiana, Washington, and Oregon as well. They were similar stories.

Which better represents the desires of Indiana? Of Pennsylvania or Missouri? Of America? Is it the tiny specks of blue, or the giant swaths or red? There is no right answer, here.

They are becoming increasingly polarized, and the rural red is becoming increasingly marginalized, despite the fact that the aggregate population of both blue and red is practically equal.

“No Taxation Without Representation!” Does that ring a bell? Do you understand what I’m getting at, now? It goes much deeper than population density.

This rise of two distinct, irreconcilable Americas is a recent phenomenon. When one of the two Americas has lost their quality of life and feels their government is no longer listening to them, we’ve got trouble. And we are not far away from either of those two things occurring.

You snicker at the idea that civil unrest could happen here. But why can’t it? [/quote]

I applaud your efforts to try and educate a liberal on rational thought and historical precedence.

Sadly, you’d have better luck squeezing a rock and expecting water to emerge.

But you already knew that.

[quote]Polish Rifle wrote:

I applaud your efforts to try and educate a liberal on rational thought and historical precedence.

Sadly, you’d have better luck squeezing a rock and expecting water to emerge.

But you already knew that.

[/quote]

Makes sense. I am clearly a liberal due to what I posted. Despite the fact that Obama did not get my vote.

You know fuck all about me, cunt.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:

Makes sense. I am clearly a liberal due to what I posted. Despite the fact that Obama did not get my vote.

You know fuck all about me, cunt. [/quote]

You’re response tells me everything I care to know.

Judging by the wealth of information in your profile, I’d say you’re a 6’2" pile of shit.

abcd1234 wrote:

Judging by the wealth of information in your profile, I’d say you’re a 6’2" pile of shit.

[/quote]

That’s hyyyoooooge!

[quote]asusvenus wrote:
Polish Rifle wrote:
abcd1234 wrote:

That’s hyyyoooooge!

[/quote]

I think that would be the 7.5 couric record

Someone call the European Fecal Standards and Measurements Institute.

abcd1234 wrote:

[/quote]

Funny. Viewing your profile tells me the same thing about yourself. Separated at birth, no?

[quote]msd0060 wrote:
Our country can’t stop getting fat, which is something that is caused by being lazy.

You think we’re going to grab guns and shit and hold the government accountable?

LOLOLOL[/quote]

You’re partially correct. Gluttonous, laziness is only possible when supported by the sweat and toil of slaves. The problem is there are not enough slaves to support all the fat and lazy people anymore. As a consequence these people must become part of the slave population or perish.

Lifticus, you are aware that lemmings don’t actually jump off cliffs, right?

Lemming suicide is fiction. It was invented by a Disney movie.

Disney’s White Wilderness was filmed in Alberta, Canada, which is not a native habitat for lemmings and has no outlet to the sea. Lemmings were imported for use in the film, purchased from Inuit children by the filmmakers.

The Arctic rodents were placed on a snow-covered turntable and filmed from various angles to produce a “migration” sequence; afterwards, the helpless creatures were transported to a cliff overlooking a river and herded into the water.

White Wilderness does not depict an actual lemming migration - at no time are more than a few dozen lemmings ever shown on the screen at once. The entire sequence was faked using a handful of lemmings deceptively photographed to create the illusion of a large herd of migrating creatures.

I’ve always found it amusing that people derogatorily accuse people of “lemming-like” behavior, when the lemming doesn’t behave in that way at all.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Lemming suicide is fiction. It was invented by a Disney movie.

Disney’s White Wilderness was filmed in Alberta, Canada, which is not a native habitat for lemmings and has no outlet to the sea. Lemmings were imported for use in the film, purchased from Inuit children by the filmmakers.

The Arctic rodents were placed on a snow-covered turntable and filmed from various angles to produce a “migration” sequence; afterwards, the helpless creatures were transported to a cliff overlooking a river and herded into the water.

White Wilderness does not depict an actual lemming migration - at no time are more than a few dozen lemmings ever shown on the screen at once. The entire sequence was faked using a handful of lemmings deceptively photographed to create the illusion of a large herd of migrating creatures.

I’ve always found it amusing that people derogatorily accuse people of “lemming-like” behavior, when the lemming doesn’t behave in that way at all.[/quote]

Now I find it even more ironic that reading your post I get the impression that people do behave exactly like lemmings.

They can be bought and sold and let themselves be herded over a cliff.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
[/quote]

I didn’t think lemmings actually existed. Thanks for clearing that up.