That's Just Harry

That sounds like a good time. Hope you have fun.

Hey there. This reminded me. I remember reading that your wife is Filipina? I often train with a young newbie female PLer, probably 4’11 Filipina and just tiny. She’s sooo fun to lift with. Within about 6 months, she had a 2xBW squat. She’s had my belt all summer.

Go there all the time. Had 3 T&F meets there this year. Great town.

I have a great time. Get to see a lot of old friends. The kumite is easy to judge, a hit is a hit. The kata is a lot more subjective. The parties after are just great.

My wife is 4’11 AND a half (you count the halves when you’re 4’11’) My wife has never lifted but teaches Escrima and Arnis.

1 Like

Newest great, great nephew was…a baby. Why do people always say “oh, he has her eyes or his some other facial feature”? I can never see it. They look like all the other babies. Anyway…
2 days ago
1500m swim, cross current, out of the water, put on wet running shows, 2.5k cross country run.
Today
Press from rack 135wu, 185 x 8, 205 x 6 x 4
cleans from floor 135wu, 205 x 6, 225 x 4 x 4
That was it, in and out, full day of other stuff to do

Tonight, High School Football started. Had a family meeting and divided up who was going to see who play. 7 assorted great nephews playing for 3 different high schools. 2 of the schools won, the third lost. We’ve disowned the 2 on the losing team. (That’s a joke, kind of)

2 Likes

Because the parents look like potatoes too?

I think it’s natural to do that. It’s our way of assigning parentage and membership in a family.

2 Likes

Sat
Lat pulldown x 9 x 12 (3 sets x straight bar, 3 x neutral grip bar, 3 x close grip handles)
Pullups 8,7,7 Neutral 8,8,7
Bent row 225 x 8 x 4
seated row 130 x 12 x 4
Shrugs 225 x max w/pause x 4

Sun
Morning, 1500m cross current swim, 2,5k run, afternoon Arnis instruction

Cookout at brothers house

Bench 135wu, 225 x 8, 275 x 8, 315 x 5 x 4
Incline bench 135wu, 185 x 8, 205 x 8 x 3
pec dec thingy - 120 x 10 x 4
Cable xover 40 x 12 x 4
cgb- 225 x 12 x 4
Overhead Tri ext, rope, 70, 80, 90
Db skullcrushers 25, 30, 35 x 10

Still hitting some nice bench numbers. Good on ya Harry

1 Like

Drove to Nashville Thursday night, tournament started Friday with kata. I’m very happy to see how many young people are coming back to the traditional style. There’s a trend in many styles to perform to music, “free styling” the forms, other assorted changes to attract more people. Make more money enrolling students. As I told one instructor who’s all for the music, free styling, acrobatic moves, etc. “It’s Karate, not disco”. Kumite went good, only a few minor injuries. Some really good competitors. Overall, very well run tournament. Most of the judges hit Sunda’s, a multi Asian restaurant and bar. Has Japanese, Chinese, Thail, Vietnamese, and Filippino food. And lots of liquors which we partook freely of. Drove home yesterday.
This morning, 1500m swim
This evening, 1.5 mile run

Clean/press 135wu, 185 x 8, 205 x 6, 225 x 4 x 4
Press from rack 135wu, 185 x 8, 205 x 8, 225 x 4 x 2
angle lat raises 30 x 12 x 3
Double cable pulldown to past hips 30 x 12 x 3
Straight bar curls bar wu, 65, 75 x 10, 85 x 8
Hammer Curls 40 x 10 x 12

1 Like

Good to see you still pressing 100kg, nice work

1 Like

^ I agree

1 Like

Certain things stay in your head your whole life. When I first started lifting one of my brothers told me I should be able to lift my bodyweight over my head. That was my first goal. Always stuck in my head and I’ve been able to do it since I was 14. Someday I won’t be able to and that’ll be a time of adjustment for me.

1 Like

You may just have to keep getting lighter !!

2 Likes

That sounds like cheating to me. I am down to 215, though. Figure on being at 205 or lower when I try the swim/run in December.

2 Likes

Yesterday, spent the morning taking neighbor to have cataract surgery on his other eye. Went to brothers house in the evening and ran his hill twice plus road work. Only about 1.5 miles but did the 200m up hill twice.
This morning, 1500m swim, with current out, against current back.
Eating fish at least 3 times a week now. Cooked Salmon patties on the grill tonight and the wife made fresh green beans sautéed in garlic and onions for dinner.

DL 135, 225wu, 315 x 6, 365 x 5, 405 x 2 x 2
Pulldowns x 9, 3 different grips
Seated row 80, 100, 120, 14 x 8
Straight arm pulldowns 50, 60 x 12, 80 x 8 x 2
Shrug 225 x max x 3

First of all, Happy 71st Birthday to the US Air Force.
Saturday/ chest and Tris
Sunday…we have a part of the Smokey Mountains here called Monte Sano and there is a winding road goes up it. Pretty steep incline. Parked the truck at a point 1.7 miles from the top and made the run. Near the end I probably would’ve walked faster than I was “running” but made it. Walked/stumbled back down to the truck. Laying in bed later could feel calve muscles twitching.
Monday/ swim, with/against current for 2 km swim. Legs felt the effect of the day before.
Today, morning, shoulder/bi, afternoon yard work, still 94f in September.

2 Likes