That's Just Harry

[quote]hel320 wrote:
Tonight
Clean and press (floor up)
265x1
275x1 (bent knees and push pressed)
285x cleaned and failed
Got to find some bumper plates. Putting the weights down is playing hell with my traps.

[/quote]

I hear you. Except I’m not moving enough weight that it is playing hell with, just playing with them.

[photo]39146[/photo]
Wiex, the little 6’6" fellow on the right is William Wallace (real name) at Ringgold, Ga last year. Set the weight over bar, for 40 year olds, world record last year, under 200# class (weight in @ 198).
Bob, the guy bent over warming up, is in my 50+ category.
Had to attend a social gathering tonight so all I managed was several shots of whiskey, a really fine meal, and only a couple of “behave” looks from the wife. I really hate wearing a suit and tie.
I’ll call this my deload day.

That’s it, I’m making a kilt. BTW, I like your concept of deload!

Do you at least get away with wearing your kilt as formal? It helps almost as much as the whiskey…

6’6" and 198# is cheating, but if your William Wallace I guess we have to give you a by.

So is Bob’s surname Bruce?

Tried a couple of turns with the stone. It had just rained. I got muddy. I may by too old to learn new tricks. >8|

[quote]corrmhona wrote:
So is Bob’s surname Bruce?
[/quote]

Bill’s brother?

I just wondered if I was getting William Wallace and Robert Bruce in a picture together… :wink:

Been a while. As always, though, it is a pleasure to read your log. It is always interesting.

Likewise, it is always humbling. I would say that I hope that I am still that strong in a few years…but I have to get that strong first!
Great work, Harry.

Good to hear from you littlestrick. Last I remember hadn’t you hit the 300# press?
Can’t wear my kilt to a formal event corrmhona, I’m not of Scottish ancestry. One half German and one half Cajun. My kilt pattern is from the US Air Force colors.

Wed
Cleans
135, 185wu
225x3x5

CG snatch from hang
135x5x5

Seated db press
50,60,65x8

rear delt raises
40x10x3

cgb
225x8x3

db seated tri ext
65,75,80x10

Thurs

DL
135,225 wu
315x2
375x2
405x2
455x2
475x1,1

caber t bar raise
45 x 12
90, 100, 110, 120 x 5

bent row
225 x 8 x 3

facepulls (rope)
90,100,110,120 x8

Hammer curls
45 x 8 x 3

ez curl bar reverse curls
70 x 10 x 3

Tonight

Bench
135,225 wu
315x4
335x3
355x2
365,375x1

Smith Inclines
90,180wu
230x10
250x8

flyes
40x8x3

Squats
135.225wu
315x5
375x5x4

Rains are playing hell with my throwing. Need to get up to the college and get some discus and T&F hammer throwing in

[quote]hel320 wrote:
Good to hear from you littlestrick. Last I remember hadn’t you hit the 300# press?
[/quote]

Yes…I did. As I recall, that was a competition you weren’t allowed in, since you could already press the goal weight.

I am still hunting the 315#, though. Elusive little bugger.

Strick, a 315# strict press will be very impressive.

Sat, too much rain to swim in the river so been going to the indoor pool and swam a bunch of laps. Sun, threw lots. Grounds so wet leaving big holes out back throwing. Throw shot, put in bucket of water, dry, repeat.

[quote]hel320 wrote:
Strick, a 315# strict press will be very impressive.

Sat, too much rain to swim in the river so been going to the indoor pool and swam a bunch of laps. Sun, threw lots. Grounds so wet leaving big holes out back throwing. Throw shot, put in bucket of water, dry, repeat.

[/quote]

Traditional Scottish training conditions! Do you find you needed something to keep your joints warm in the wet? Other than whiskey…

[quote]corrmhona wrote:
Other than whiskey…[/quote]

Wait, there’s other options???

[quote]Wiex wrote:

[quote]corrmhona wrote:
Other than whiskey…[/quote]

Wait, there’s other options???[/quote]

Bourbon, brandy, there are others they just don’t go as well with the kilt…but I am looking for options.

Corrmhona, don’t really get joint pain from the weather. Fingers get a little stiff sometimes but they’ve all been broken, a lot.
Last night, indoor swimming with the local college swim coach. She gives me some great input and has really helped me improve my turns.

Great Friday (day off from work)
Morning
WFD
15,20,25,35,45# x 5
Shotout
16#
pp x 10
6k x10 rotational

Evening

Shoulders with the young’uns
Cleans, floor up
135wu
225x2
245x2
265x1
275x1
285x1
295x1
305x miss

We have his hammer machine with 3 settings that I usually use for calves (on that rare occasion when I do them) but can also be used for pressing. Think I posted a pix of it long ago. Away, Tree loves the damn thing. I think it let’s you use too much leverage.

90wu
180x3
270x2
320x2

Sng arm snatch
50,60,70 x 3 ea arm
80,90x 2

rear delt raises
35x10x12

Hammer curls
60x5
55x6
50x7
45x8
40,35,30x8

reverse ez curl
70x10x3

Long day, time for a Jameson’s and an old Godzilla flick.

295 clean. WTF. That’s 60 lbs more than you weigh. No wonder you take home so many medals.

No booze for me tonight. Wife’s working and I’m responsible for two extra kids (sleep over). But tomorrow night is a totally different story.

I envy you your joints…and the Jamesons.

We have about half the Godzilla movies. The kids watch them in Japanese. They like the monster movies and the anime.

Thanks Steve but I was cleaning over 300 about 2 years ago. Haven’t gone over 300 in a while. Need to practice dipping under the weights. Can’t just muscle the weight up anymore.
corrmhoma, my guilty pleasure. I have every Gorjira movie ever made and probably all the kaigu movies available. As for anime, I cried when Bleach ended. Yep, I’m just an Otaku. Btw, great avatar. You’re a young’un so that’s probably the 4 stone weight, right?

Long, wet, weak. Had to work 6 10/11 hour days. The temperature’s been down but all the rain has cause high (higher)humidity. Week went work, gym, eat, sleep, repeat. Couldn’t swim in the river, runnin way to high and fast so hit the indoor pool once. Made a half ass attempt at some throws in the dark and mud one night so mainly just lifted. Ok, could I have some cheese with that please.

Lifting followed my usual pattern and hopefully I’ll get back to posting now. Four meets coming in quick order, Swim in Tennessee on 17 Sep, T&F in Tennessee on 21 Sep, HG in Georgia on 28 Sep, and HG in Alabama on 5 Oct.

I got talked into trying some kettlebell swings the other night. Theory being they’d help with the Weight over Bar. Gyms only got up to 56# so the only plus I saw is the swing being a little closer to the actual wob throw than doing db cleans and snatches.

Off yesterday. For the first time in a long time threw and lifted in the same day.

Early morning
28# wfd x 10
42# wfh x 10
22# hammer x 10

shot put 6k (pp) x 5
sp 6k (full form) x 10

After lunch
bench
135,225 wu
275x10
315x5x5

Incline (Smith)
90,180 wu
230x10
250x10x3

flyes
25,30,35,40x10

Squat
135,225 wu
315x6
375x5
405x3,3,2

Throwing and lifting in the same day is badass Harry then hitting those bench and squat numbers is amazing.

Yep, that’s the 4 stone weight. Back at it next year if all goes according to plan, and I can use the 3 maybe. It doesn’t look like we have enough guys for a master’s division, but glancing through the results and trying to remember everyone’s ages, I think the mean age is about 40 so maybe they just don’t have anything else. Trying to decide whether to build up my strength first, or get back throwing with lighter weights, but I probably have a couple weeks as I’m at a 10# cap until Friday.

I’ve been watching more anime now that they have anime on netflix. I tried watching a few things at the animethon, but you get to see a couple of episodes and then you get cut off just as you are getting into it. That it always drove me nuts, so I only watch stuff if I know I can buy it after. Bleach is over? I think we are on season 3 around our house…I end up buying the box sets, but slowly for budgetary purposes. Full Metal Alchemist is on my list for watching on Netflix. I tend to watch what the kids tell me to though. We are over bandwidth again at the moment, so nothing to watch until the first.

So what do you have for lunch to fuel lifting after throwing? I need all you secrets for this fall. :slight_smile: